|1958 Targa Florio: Musso Commands the Heights|
| ||During the invasion of Sicily during the Second World War it would be the mountainous roads around the island that would pose the greatest hindrance to the advance of the British and American forces trying to breakthrough on their way, ultimately, to Italy. A little more than a decade later, these difficult mountainous roads were taking their toll. But, there would be one Italian right at home among the rocky outcroppings.
The 42nd Targa Florio would go ahead as planned despite the growing c...[Read more...]|
|MAGNIFICENT 1956 FERRARI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' AND MUSCULAR 1964 SHELBY 289 COMPETITION COBRA HEADLINE RM'S LONDON SALE|
|• Incredible duo lineup for RM's highly anticipated London sale, taking place on 8 September at Battersea Evolution
• Ferrari is the eighth of just nine 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Competiziones, and boasts an outstanding period racing history
• Campaigned by 'Gentleman' Tom Payne in 1964 and 1965, the Shelby is a highly desirable Team Specification Cobra and the ultimate authentic 'American Muscle'
• Auction held in partnership with the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace
• Full event i...[Read more...]|
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|1954 Carrera Panamericana: Courage to Go On|
|Suddenly the Ferrari 340 Mexico would break loose on Hill. Careening down over the ledge, the car would be battered and bruised, coming to a rest finally with its occupants none the worse for wear. It would be a scary moment and the mangled bodywork would suggest it would be wise never to take part in the event ever again.
Richie Ginther's own racing career had only just got underway when he was approached by a well known friend. Richie had met Phil Hill a couple of years before and would dev...[Read more...]|