|AMERICAN CLASSICS SHINE AT RM SOTHEBY'S MOTOR CITY SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's continues successful sales run in Michigan generating $7.4 million at its 21st annual Motor City auction
• 1930s-era American classics claim top sales led by 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Dual-Cowl Phaeton at $852,500
• European highlights include a 2001 BMW Z8 for $192,500 and a 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe for $176,000
• Detroit-area auction acts as prelude to today's Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's
• Complete Motor City results available at www.rmsothebys.com
• RM...[Read more...]|
|RM Sotheby's Motor City Sale Celebrates Automotive Design and Engineering From Across the Decades|
|• The official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, RM Sotheby's Motor City sale returns to Michigan, July 25
• Single-day sale presents approximately 80 blue-chip automobiles; European sports cars and late model collectibles join event's traditional roster of American Classics
• Further information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 14, 2015) – RM Sotheby's, the official auction house ...[Read more...]|
|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
| ||1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|ROLLS-ROYCE CELEBRATES THE 2013 GOODWOOD REVIVAL|
|Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will celebrate a record Goodwood Revival this weekend, with all three days of the popular event selling out a month ahead of the event for the first time. The local manufacturer of super-luxury motor cars will host customers, prospects, VIPs and also entertain the thousands of visitors to the world's most popular historic motor race meeting in true Rolls-Royce style.
This year the Rolls-Royce showroom at the March Motor Works – an authentic recreation of a 1960s dealers...[Read more...]|
|Gooding & Company's 10th Anniversary Pebble Beach Auctions Realizes More Than $112 Million|
|28 New Auction Records Set at Two-Day Pebble Beach Auctions in 2013
Pebble Beach, Calif. (August 20, 2013) – Gooding & Company, official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance® and acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, realized more than $112 million at its Pebble Beach auctions over the weekend. During the two-day sale, Gooding & Company sold 116 of the 127 lots offered, for a 91% sale rate, with an average price per lot ...[Read more...]|