1940 Bentley 4¼ Liter news, pictures, and information
|Fixed Head Sedanca Coupe|
Chassis Num: B187MX
Engine Num: T7BF
The Hooper & Company came into existence in 1905 and constructed coachwork mostly for royalty. In 1904 they created a body on a Daimler chassis for King Edward VII. Other clientele included the Emperor of Japan, the King of Egypt, and the Shah of Persia.
The first owner was B.M. Mavroleon who took possession of the car on November 12th of 1940. Five years later it was purchased by American diplomat A.J. Drexel-Biddle. For over fifty years, the car was stored at the Musee 1900 in France. It has been wonderfully preserved and its odometer reads just over 57,000 kilometers since new.
By Daniel Vaughan | Feb 2007
|Other models by Bentley|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|Gooding & Company Pebble Beach Auction|
4½ Litre LeMans RC Series
R Type and Continental
|S1 and Continental|
S2 and Continental
S3 and Continental
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.