From its inception in 1913, the Chandler Motor Company produced an excellent car at a moderate cost. The company was founded in Cleveland, Ohio by Frederick C. Chandler, a former designer for Lozier Motor Company, a luxury automobile manufacturer. Únlike many of its competitors, Chandler cast its own engines, fabricated its own chassis, and later built its own bodies. Chanlder advertisements trumpeted record runs up Pike's Peak in Colorado, portraying the car as a strong performer.
Despite the quality and affordability of the Chandler, as well as ongoing advancements to the vehicle, competition stiffened throughout the 1920s. Chanlder was forced to merge wîth its Cleveland Automobile Company subsidiary to form the Chandler-Cleveland Motor Company. The Standard Six shown here is a product of that merger. It carried a long list of standard equipment and distinctive design features such as the duotone paint scheme and three-bar radiator shell.
1927 was a peak year for the company wîth sales of 20,000 automobiles, but hopes for continued growth of the market led to overexpansion. In 1928 the Hupp Motor Car Corporation of Detroit purchased a majority interest in Chandler, and the line was discontinued in 1929.Source - The Frick Car and Carriage Museum