|The Trident is Raised|
One of Italy's most famous marks, and perhaps most troubled, the trident-bearing automaker continues to provoke passion through its search of excellence.
Five brothers would come together in December of 1914 to found a motor company bearing their name—Maserati. Alfieri, Bindo, Carlo, Ettore and Ernesto had all demonstrated a passion for automobiles, particularly racing, during those early years at the turn of the 20th century.
The foundations of the company would actually begin ...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|HIGHLIGHTS AND LOWLIGHTS FOR VOLKSWAGEN AT HOME RALLY|
|It was the home rally of all races where Volkswagen would fall short of their own high expectations for the first time since joining the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) in January 2013. This was the first time Volkswagen have missed out on a podium place in a season which has seen the team pick up six rally wins in eight rallies. And all this despite World Championship leaders in the Drivers' and Co-drivers' categories Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia (F/F) and Jari-Matti Latvala/Miikka Antti...[Read more...]|
|TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
|• TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
• 'LOST' SHELBY DUAL PROTOTYPE, HAGERTY GIVEAWAY & SALON COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT 39 HOURS OF LIVE COVERAGE
The 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Ariz.) Collector Car Event, the first of four set for live coverage in 2013, kicks off the auction season in grand style as some of the world's most sought-after machines cross the block starting Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
|Texas-Sized Charlie Thomas Collection Brings $7.4 Million At Dallas Auction|
|• RM Auctions' sale of the Charlie Thomas Collection generates $7.4 million, with 100 percent of lots sold
• Top sellers include a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Roadster for $143,000 and a 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible for $132,000
• Sale captures attention of global collector car community with bidders representing eight countries around the world and 31 states across the U.S.
• RM wraps up its 2012 calendar with its annual London, England sale, October 31, followed by the John Staluppi ...[Read more...]|