|FROM SHELBYS TO SUPERCARS, RM SOTHEBY'S ARIZONA SALE OFFERS ICONIC COLLECTOR CARS OF EVERY ERA|
|• Pure adrenaline: 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra, 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra 'Dragonsnake', and 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra lead recent entries for RM Sotheby's Arizona Biltmore sale, January 28-29
• Auction features more than 125 motor cars and offers incredible diversity; desirable American Classics, 1960s European touring cars, and supercars of today
• Complete sale information and a frequently updated list of entries available at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 9, 2015...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|1964 Nurburgring 1000 Kilometers: Survive for One Last Victory|
|During the late 1950s, Richie Ginther would begin a relationship with John von Neumann and this partnership would result in one of the most dominant periods of American sportscar racing in which Ginther and Porsche would be virtually unbeatable. Nearly a decade later, that same combination would again join forces to provide one more moment of glory.
By the mid-1950s Porsche had developed its 550. This was a small car more than capable of dominating its class and consistently able to challenge...[Read more...]|