|Duesenberg '20 Grand' To Be Featured Car At 2013 Palos Verdes Concours|
|Palos Verdes Peninsula, April 23, 2013 -- The 'Featured Car' at the 2013 Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance on September 15 will be this 1933 Duesenberg SJ Torpedo Sedan which wears a California license plate reading '20 Grand', since that was the original sales price of the car. Part of the Nethercutt Collection, it was restored in 1979 and took top honors at Pebble Beach in 1980. It was originally built for display at the 1933 Chicago World's Fair Century of Progress Exhibition.
The 21st...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns to Plymouth, Michigan, July 27, for its well-established St. John's sale
• Single-day auction in automotive heartland features more than 80 historic collector cars
• Sale headlined by a wonderful selection of automobiles from the distinguished collection of Richard and Linda Kughn
• Auction acts as prelude to the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's on Sunday, July 28
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 7, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Conc...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Final Countdown Underway to RM's Michigan Sale|
|RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of America, has secured a wonderful selection of classic automobiles for its St. John's sale, July 28, in Plymouth, Michigan.
Hosted on the beautiful grounds of the Inn at St. John's, the single-day sale is a mainstay on the auction concours circuit and boasts a reputation for including exceptional American classics. The upcoming sale, featuring more than 70 quality collector cars, presents nearly a century of American and Eu...[Read more...]|