|ASTON MARTIN WITH A TROUBLED PAST BECOMES BONHAMS TOP SELLER AT GOODWOOD FESTIVAL|
|The incredibly rare 1949 Aston Martin DB Team Car registered 'UMC 65', left in a garden for decades before being stolen some 14 years ago and now finally returned to its rightful owners, has sold at Bonhams Festival of Speed Sale for £679,100.
Taken in 2002, this 1949 Le Mans 24-Hour race veteran was recovered by police more than a decade later. Its original owners then decided to enter it into Bonhams Goodwood auction.
James Knight, Bonhams International Group Motoring Director, said: 'T...[Read more...]|
|1956 JAGUAR D-TYPE WORKS ‘LONG NOSE' LEADS RM SOTHEBY'S RETURN TO ARIZONA|
|• RM Sotheby's returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa for its 17th annual sale in Phoenix, January 28 – 29, 2016
• Two-day auction presents diverse roster of more than 100 blue-chip automobiles
• Early sports and racing highlights led by a rare 1956 Jaguar D-Type Works 'Long Nose'
• Further information and frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (October 27, 2015) – RM Sotheby's, the world's largest auction house for i...[Read more...]|
|ACURA TO INFUSE ITS PRESENCE THROUGHOUT THE 2015 MONTEREY AUTOMOTIVE WEEK|
|◾Next-generation NSX supercar to be featured throughout the week
◾Acura to be the premier automotive sponsor of The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering
◾Championship-winning Comptech Racing Acura-Spice GTP Lights race car to make brand's inaugural run at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Jul 17, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif. -- Acura will mark its commitment to the high-performance luxury automobile world and celebrate its motorsports heritage with a comprehensive presence throughout the 2015 M...[Read more...]|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...|
|LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci...[Read more...]|
|Microcar Collection To Be Giants Of 7Th Annual Barrington Concours D'Elegance|
|BARRINGTON, ILL. – June 27, 2013 – The 7th Annual Barrington Concours d'Elegance will show a group of distinctive, fanciful Microcars on the Concours field during the July 12-14, 2013 weekend, at the Makray Memorial Golf Club in Barrington, Ill. The group will feature vehicles from several makers including Messerschmitt and Nash built during the 'golden era' of Microcars from the 1950s through 1970s.
'Microcars represent a fun and fascinating period in our automotive history,' said Da...[Read more...]|