|2007 Expedition||2007 Expedition Funkmaster Flex Concept||2009 Expedition|
Image credits: © Ford.
2008 Ford Expedition news, pictures, and information
2008 FORD EXPEDITION ADDS REAR CAMERA FEATURE AND NEW KING RANCH EDITION TO COMPREHENSIVE LINEUP• Four Series Available: XLT, Eddie Bauer, Limited and a new King Ranch model complete Expedition's lineup.
• Added convenience. A newly available Rearview Camera System enhances visibility when driving in reverse or hooking up a trailer.
• More Standard Features: Expedition's value story enhanced for 2008 wîth keyless entry keypad, electrochromic mirror, heated power mirrors, overhead console, illuminated visors and leather-wrapped §teering wheel becoming standard on all Expedition models.
• Interior Comfort and Versatility: First-in-class PowerFold™ third-row seat and class-exclusive second-row CenterSlide™ allow interior to be configured to owners needs. Expedition also boasts best-in-class third-row legroom.
• Enhanced Capability: Expedition EL delivers 130.8 cubic feet of cargo space – including 24 cubic feet more behind the third-row seat than the already spacious Expedition.
• Comprehensive Safety: Standard side air bags, three-row Safety Canopy™ side air curtains and AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control).
|Engine : 5.4 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 365 ft-lbs
The 2008 Ford Expedition and Expedition EL extended length model combine bold Ford Truck design, functionality and toughness wîth high levels of interior refinement for consumers who need the flexibility of a full-size SÚV. With eight available arrays across the lineup, Expedition and Expedition EL provide customers the most choice amongst full-size SÚV offerings.
According to results from a Global Quality Research Study survey conducted by the RDA Group, an independent research company, 85 percent of Expedition EL owners are Completely Satisfied wîth their vehicles after three months of ownership, placing the Expedition EL at the top of its class for quality. Additionally, Expedition EL was rated top large SÚV as a Total Quality Award™ winner in Strategic Vision's 2007 Total Quality Index™ which measures new vehicle owner satisfaction.
Expedition and Expedition EL are available in XLT, Eddie Bauer, Limited and King Ranch trims. All Expeditions are built at the Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne, Mich.
New King Ranch Edition joins a comprehensive lineup
The rugged sophistication of the King Ranch Expedition returns for 2008. Available on Expedition and Expedition EL models, the King Ranch Package adds unique 18-inch machined aluminum wheels and King Ranch badging, chrome exhaust tips, Pueblo Gold exterior accents and heated power mirrors wîth signal, memory function and security approach lamps.
The interior features exclusive King Ranch Chaparral leather seating on all three rows of seats, center console lid and door trim panel inserts wîth wood trim on the switch plates, floor console, shifter handle and instrument panel. The leather-wrapped tilt §teering wheel features duplicate climate & radio controls and Chaparral leather insert. The King Ranch comes standard wîth the PowerFold™ third-row seat.
Two additional options are being introduced across the lineup as well, including:
• Power running boards that automatically extend when doors open to ease exit and entry into the vehicle.
• A Rearview Camera System for greater visibility when driving in reverse or hooking up a trailer. Mounted in the rear liftgate, the rearview camera is activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view behind the vehicle. The video image is displayed in the self-dimming rearview mirror.
The XLT, Eddie Bauer and Limited packages also receive several updates for 2008, including:
• Body-color front and rear fascia, wheel lip moldings and side cladding replaces black color on previous model XLT.
• A new 18-inch chrome clad wheel option on XLT models.
• Keyless entry keypad, electrochromic mirror, heated power mirrors, leather-wrapped §teering wheel, auxiliary A/C, full overhead console, illuminated visors, second-row map lights are now standard on all models.
• Chrome exhaust tip now standard on Eddie Bauer models.
• Power adjustable pedals, power rear quarter windows, universal garage door opener and Reverse Sensing System are now standard on Limited and King Ranch models for interior convenience.
Comfortable and Capable
The 2008 Expedition delivers a sophisticated level of interior comfort, refinement and quality. For example, Expedition's seats are designed wîth large bolsters, soft cushions and premium materials to provide increased comfort on long trips. Expedition's seating also is very capable. Expedition XLT features six-way power-adjustable front seats, wîth a 10-way-power driver's seat standard on all models wîth leather trim.
One-lever action, kneel-down, 40/20/40-split second-row seats are the first in Expedition's class to fold flat wîth the load floor to offer extra cargo space and easy third-row access. A class-exclusive CenterSlide™ sliding center section can be moved forward up to 11 inches to give the front-seat passenger easy access to a young child in the second row. The second row is available in this 40/20/40 bench configuration, or wîth two captain's chairs and a walk-through center passage.
Available on XLT and standard on all other models, Expedition's 60/40-split third-row seats provide best-in-class legroom.
Both second- and third-row seats fold flat into the load floor, providing easily accessible cargo space without the inconvenience of removing a heavy, cumbersome rear seat. For the ultimate in convenience, Expedition offers a first-in-class available PowerFold™ third-row seat that folds flat wîth the touch of a button.
Navigation System, MP3 Audio, Satellite Radio
Getting to the adventure in the 2008 Expedition is easier wîth the help of a DVD-based navigation system that features a 6.5-inch color touch screen, voice activation and spoken upcoming street names and intersection programming in three languages.
An available 340-watt AM/FM audio system is MP3 capable and features an in-dash six-CD changer wîth six premium speakers, plus a subwoofer. Expedition comes standard wîth an audio input jack wîth plug-and-play iPod capability. Expedition owners may also choose factory-installed SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio and the family-entertainment DVD system wîth a large 8-inch flush-mounted flat-panel display and two sets of remote-control infrared headphones.
Expedition EL Extends Full-Size Appeal
For full-size SÚV customers who want even more cargo-carrying capability, Ford offers the 2008 Expedition EL. With 14.8 inches of additional overall length, Expedition EL delivers 130.8 cubic feet of cargo space – including 24 cubic feet more behind the third-row seat than the already spacious Expedition. Expedition EL rides on a 131-inch wheelbase – 12 inches longer than the standard Expedition – to preserve the base model's superior ride and handling.
Expedition EL is unique from the B-pillar back wîth its own floor pan, one-piece body side, running boards, rear fascia, roof rack, rear quarter glass, one-piece headliner and quarter panel trim. The second-row doors are also unique to improve the ingress and egress to both second and third rows.
Bold Styling Sets Tone for Tough Expedition
Expedition's design makes a promise of powerful capability. Inspired by Ford F-Series – America's best-selling truck for 30 straight years – Expedition melds that ruggedness wîth expressive lines, delivering a vehicle that exudes confidence, from the prominent four-bar grille to the large blue oval mounted on the liftgate.
Expedition's prominent grille serves as the focal point for the raised powerdome hood. Dual-beam headlamps feature the Ford-themed step-up design wîth the integrated side-marker lights wrapping around into the front fenders. Smooth sides and large wheel lips further define Expedition's confident stance and frame its large wheels and tires. Expedition owners can choose from seven wheel designs, including available 20-inch chrome-clad, six-spoke wheels wearing P275/55-R20 all-season tires.
Improved Road-Cruising Quietness
Expedition engineers set aggressive targets for reducing noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). Normal conversation is easily discernible from the front row all the way to the third-row seat, thanks to the use of sound-deadening materials in the carpet and headliner, thick insulation behind the dashboard and door panels, thick side glass and a specially engineered acoustical windshield – all designed to help reduce interior noise. And it doesn't stop there.
Large, soft body mounts and engine and transmission mounts isolate the cabin from unwanted vibration. Wind tunnel-tuned-and-tested outside mirrors further reduces wind and road noise. Even Expedition's tires have been specifically tuned to reduce road noise.
Chassis Provides Solid Foundation
The 2008 Expedition features a strong, tough, fully boxed frame, engineered to F-Series tough truck durability standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
The chassis features an independent front suspension, front frame section and modular front-end construction for ease of assembly and quality. The tube-through-tube frame construction adds additional frame stiffness to provide a solid foundation for improved driving dynamics. Ford's patented porthole-through-frame design allows the drive shafts to feed through the frame rails, lowering the center of gravity for better ride and handling and maximizing passenger space in the third-row seat.
The 2008 Expedition's first-in-class independent rear suspension (IRS) features a five-link design for better control of fore/aft and lateral load forces. Monotube shocks on all four corners allow for precise tuning and a refined ride.
A variable boost §teering pump uses lightweight aluminum components to reduce §teering efforts for easy maneuverability at slow speeds while delivering a firm, responsive feel at highway speeds.
Large front and rear brake calipers and rotors provide for a durable braking system wîth excellent stopping power. A dual-bore master cylinder delivers a confident brake pedal feel offering more control over the brake curve.
4x4 Capability, Tough Truck Standards
Expedition's available 4x4 system provides the capability required by today's full-size SÚV owners, who can confidently rely on its toughness and durability. Expedition is tested to meet the same Ford tough truck standards as the F-Series pickup, including being put through the same durability tests at extreme test facilities in Arizona and California.
The 4x4 models have two-speed transfer cases wîth optional electronic shift-on-the-fly capability, controlled from a dash-mounted rotary knob. In low range, the electronic throttle control changes to a special off-road calibration for more precise torque management in the worst conditions, such as a sandy hill climb or when pulling a heavy boat out of the water on a moss-slicked ramp.
5.4-Liter V-8 Mated to Fuel-Efficient 6-Speed Transmission
Expedition is powered by Ford's tough truck-proven 5.4-liter Triton™ V-8 engine. With three valves per cylinder and variable cam timing, the 5.4-liter engine delivers a balance of refinement and muscle. Rated at 300 horsepower and 365 pound-feet of torque, Expedition can tow up to 9,200 pounds, for the best tow rating in its class.
The Triton™ engine is paired wîth a standard class-exclusive 6-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) With a wide 6.02:1 gear ratio and two overdrive gears (fifth and sixth), Expedition's 6-speed transmission has smaller steps between gears than a typical 4-speed automatic and offers improved shift quality, faster acceleration and improved fuel economy.
Standard Safety Features include AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control)
The 2000 Expedition was the first full-size SÚV to earn five-star front safety NCAP ratings for the driver and passenger from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a recognition it has maintained every year since 2000. This seven-year run on five-star ratings sets Expedition apart as best in its class. The Expedition is designed to meet all known future government crash standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
Expedition offers a long list of standard safety content for 2008 including:
• Ford's exclusive AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control) is standard on both Expedition and Expedition EL. Únlike competitors' systems, Ford's system utilizes two gyroscopic roll rate sensors to accurately measure the vehicle's yaw and roll angles. If the roll rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures – such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power – to help the driver maintain control.
• Safety Canopy™ side-curtain air bags rollover detection system includes extended-duration side curtain air bags featuring roll-fold technology that extend down to the beltline for increased coverage.
• Dual-stage front air bags deploy wîth varying power based on crash severity, the driver's seat position and safety-belt usage. Expedition uses environmentally responsible heated-gas hydrogen inflators for the passenger air bag.
• Seat-mounted front side air bags provide extra protection in the event of a side impact
• Expedition's door trim features a unique design that works wîth the standard seat-mounted side air bags to enhance occupant safety in a side impact.
Key Features and Options:
Standard features include: 300-hp 5.4-liter V-8 wîth 6-speed automatic transmission; 17-inch aluminum wheels; Integrated Class IV tow hitch receiver, AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control); Three-row Safety Canopy™ side air curtains; Front-seat side air bags; Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); Floor shifter; Remote keyless entry; Auxiliary audio input jack.
Available options include: Rearview Camera System; Power deployable running boards; 18-inch chrome aluminum wheels; Premium leather seats; Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System; Power moonroof; Power Liftgate; Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package; Premium Stereo; Navigation system; SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio; Power adjustable pedals; Heated and cooled front-row seats; Second-row Captain's Chairs; PowerFold™ fold-flat third-row seat; Black luggage rack crossbars; 4x4 Off-Road Package; Convenience Package.Source - Ford
|Mazda Cx-5 Named 'Top Family Choice Vehicle' By Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Association|
|WASHINGTON, April 29, 2013 -- The Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Association (GAAMA) yesterday named the 2013 Mazda CX-5 its 'Top Family Choice Vehicle' and the all-new 2014 Mazda6 'Best Green Family Choice Vehicle' at its first annual Family Choice Challenge. GAAMA President Nick Palermo said, 'The CX-5 was the clear winner for the overall 'Top Family Choice Vehicle' award. It's stylish, affordable, has comfortable seating and great fuel economy and is fun to drive.' The 2013 CX-...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|All-new Dodge Dart and Chrysler 300 Luxury Series Named to 'Wards 10 Best Interiors' List for 2012|
|• New 2013 Dodge Dart built with materials and precision craftsmanship typically found in more expensive vehicle segments |
• High-tech, unseen-in-the-segment features available on the Dart include class-exclusive customizable 7-inch gauge cluster, 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen, heated steering wheel and illuminated floating island bezel in the instrument panel
• All-new Chrysler 300 Luxury Series sedan is the most luxurious and fuel-efficient Chrysler vehicle ever
• ...[Read more...]
|Jeep Grand Cherokee||($28,940-42,860)|
|Land Rover LR2||($33,985-35,375)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2008|
|Aston Martin DBR9 Gulf Livery|
|Audi Q7 V12 TDI Coastline Concept|
|Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès|
|Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir|
|Other models by Ford|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2007 Expedition||2007 Expedition Funkmaster Flex Concept||2009 Expedition|