|2009 Explorer Sport Trac|
2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac news, pictures, and information
2008 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC ADDS MORE FEATURES, INCREASED UTILITY FOR 2008• More technology options. Two exciting new technologies are available for 2008 models: available voice activation for the optional navigation system and the -exclusive Ford Sync™ hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system.
• More standard features. 2008 sees several standard features added, including: a drop-in storage bin wîth power points; Safety Canopy? side curtain air bags; the Convenience Package on Limited series; fog lamps and power rear window.
• More colors. Three new colors are added to the palette for 2008: Stone Green Clearcoat Metallic, Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic and White Suede Clearcoat.
Explorer Sport Trac is the unrestricted utility vehicle that delivers rugged styling, capable power and performance along wîth a versatile cargo area to take customers where they want to go. Blending the capable traits of Ford's iconic F-150 pickup and refinement of the Explorer SÚV – vehicles that provided inspiration and elements in design and engineering – Sport Trac is the best of both worlds and adds a growing number of standard features and exciting new technologies for the 2008 model year.
New standard features for 2008 include:
• Convenient power windows. The power rear window and one-touch up/down driver's window (late availability) are effective conveniences to increase comfort.
|Engine : 4.0 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 210 hp
Torque: 254 ft-lbs
• A touch of leather. The leather-wrapped §teering wheel gives a more comfortable grip and a feel of greater interior sophistication.
• Added storage. The drop-in storage bin wîth power point enjoyed great customer demand, prompting its integration as a new standard feature.
• Safety Canopy?. This side curtain air bag system gives a greater sense of security to the driver and passengers.
Ford's exclusive Sync hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system will be available late in the model year. Ford Sync™ allows seamless integration of mobile phones and handheld media players via Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity. Voice activation is added to Sport Trac's available navigation system for 2008 as well.
Explorer Sport Trac is available in two series, XLT and Limited. Sport Trac is produced at the Louisville Assembly Plant in Louisville, Ky.
Tough Truck Inspired Design and Equipment
Sport Trac offers an overt nod to its inspiration wîth a tough truck exterior drawn from the design of the Ford Explorer and Ford F-150. Specific elements of the tough exterior are:
• The standard chrome-finished grille for a bold front end.
• A powerdome aluminum hood for a stronger appearance.
• Pronounced wheel arches, helping to provide a rugged stance.
• The C-pillar arch serves as visual distinction between people space and cargo room.
• A hardy 4.5-foot cargo box lined wîth corrosion-proof sheet molded composite (SMC) material and lined wîth dent-proof and scratch-resistant material for protection from hard use.
• Three integrated cargo bins are recessed into the bed of the truck for versatile, convenient storage.
• The cargo cage bed extender and Tonneau cover, which remain highly popular wîth customers.
A safe, comfortable interior fulfills the goal to create a passenger-friendly and truly capable truck/SÚV hybrid. The ‘sport' interior includes:
• Sport-designed seat styles and Tuflor? rubber floor coverings for tough utility and easy maintenance.
• A class-exclusive heated windshield adds convenience in cold weather conditions.
• Five-passenger seating benefits from significant engineering, resulting in a quieter, more comfortable cabin.
• The standard audio system features a CD player wîth MP3 compatibility, and can be upgraded to the available six-disc, in-dash CD player wîth powered subwoofer.
• Integrated SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio also is available.
Capable Power and Performance
The Explorer Sport Trac is outfitted standard wîth the 4.0-liter V-6 engine and 5-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) The available, class-exclusive, 4.6-liter V-8 engine wîth 6-speed automatic transmission provides a power boost attractive to many customers.
Key considerations for Sport Trac's powertrain options are:
• The 4.0-liter V-6 is rated at 210 horsepower at 5,100 rpm and 254 pound-feet of torque at 3,700 rpm.
• The 4.0-liter, equipped wîth a standard 5-speed automatic, delivers a maximum 5,310 pounds of towing capacity and 1,450 pounds of payload.
• The V-6 meets federal Tier II, Bin 4 tailpipe emissions.
• The 4.6-liter, 3-valve V-8 delivers 292 horsepower – the most horsepower in its class.
• The available 4.6-liter V-8 and 6-speed transmission deliver a maximum 6,800 pounds of towing capacity and 1,390 pounds of payload.
• The V-8 meets federal Tier II Bin 5 standards, which is compliant wîth California's Low Emissions Vehicle II (LEV II) standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
Either engine can be equipped wîth the Sport Trac's advanced Control Trac® four-wheel-drive system. Únlike less sophisticated systems, Control Trac® automatically transfers torque to the front wheels as needed to maintain maximum traction at all times. This increases safety and security without compromising fuel economy or NVH. In addition, the Control Trac® system features a torque-multiplying gear set (4x4 Low) in the transfer case for off-road applications that require extra power including deep sand, steep grades and towing a boat trailer out of water.
The Sport Trac's front suspension is a short- and long-arm design wîth coil-over shocks. The rear suspension is independent wîth a patent-pending, trailing blade design.
Sizable four-wheel disc brakes are standard, as is the four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock braking system wîth electronic brake force distribution. The package creates a balanced chassis wîth ride and handling that is unrivaled in its §egmènt.
Of particular interest for 2008 is the standardization of the Safety Canopy? side curtain air bags in the Explorer Sport Trac. The Safety Canopy? side curtain air bags join a host of already standard safety equipment, such as:
• AdvanceTrac? wîth -exclusive RSC® (Roll Stability Control)
• Advanced restraints module and dual front-crash sensors
• Five-level front-passenger sensing system
• Driver-seat position sensor
• Dual-stage front air bags
• Adaptive load-limiting safety-belt retractors
• Adaptive front-passenger-seat air-bag tether
• Adaptive air bag venting
• Adaptive-stroking §teering column.
Key features and options:
Standard features include: Advance Trac® wîth RSC®; 4-wheel-disc brakes wîth ABS; Enhanced Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD); 16-inch painted, cast-aluminum wheels; Cargo bed storage system; Fog lamps; Privacy glass; Power rear sliding window; Power one touch up/down driver window (late availability); Air conditioning; AM/FM single CD/MP3 player wîth audio input jack; Overhead console; Heavy duty floor mats; Illuminated glove box; Leather wrapped §teering wheel; Two power points inside, one in the cargo bed; Leather-wrapped tilt §teering wheel; Belt-Minder®; LATCH; Remote keyless entry; SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system; Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
Optional features include: 17-inch cast-aluminum wheels; 18-inch machined-aluminum wheels; 18-inch chrome-clad wheels; Control Trac® 4WD; Audiophile AM/FM in-dash, six-CD/MP3 player wîth subwoofer and audio input jack; Voice-activated navigation system; Rear-seat DVD system; Leather-trimmed, two-tone front sport buckets wîth two-way adjustable headrests; Ten-way power driver and four-way manual passenger seats wîth recline and manual lumbar; Rear 60/40 split bench wîth two-way head restraints, integrated seat restraints for middle occupant; Power Code remote start; Premium carpeted floor mats; Adjustable pedals; Cargo cage and bed extender; Cross bars for roof rails; Heated windshield; Power moonroof; Reverse Sensing System; Daytime running lights.Source - Ford
|KIA RECEIVES TOP-10 RANKING FOR INITIAL QUALITY IN 2013 J.D. POWER AND ASSOCIATES STUDY|
|◾Kia achieves its highest-ever IQS ranking and outpaces the industry average ◾Soul scores second-consecutive IQS award while Sportage claims its first segment award IRVINE, Calif., June 19, 2013 – J.D. Power and Associates' 2013 Initial Quality Study (IQS) has ranked the Kia Soul and Kia Sportage as leaders in the Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle and Sub-Compact CUV segments, respectively. And, for the first time, Kia ranks among the automotive industry's top 10 nameplates for initial q...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS|
|◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models ◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) providing comfortable accommodations for five passengers ◾Large: a Fiat 500 designed on the new 'small-wide' vehicle architecture for 27 inches more length, plus six inches more ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|Dodge Ram 2500/3500||($26,190-49,435)|
|Ford F-Series Super Duty||($22,650-50,615)|
|Ford Taurus X||($27,030-32,600)|
|GMC Sierra 2500 HD||($24,370-40,965)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2008|
|Alfa Romeo 8C Spider|
|Aston Martin DB9 LM|
|Aston Martin V8 Vantage|
|Aston Martin V8 Vantage|
|Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT2|
|Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400|
|Aston Martin Vantage N24 Asia Cup|
|Other models by Ford|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2009 Explorer Sport Trac|