2008 Ford Fusion news, pictures, and information
AWARD-WINNING FORD FUSION OFFERS MORE CHOICE, MORE STANDARD FEATURES FOR 2008• More Safety. Anti-lock brakes and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) are now standard on all models for 2008.
• More Convenience. Reverse Sensing System becomes an option and a convenient keyless entry keypad is now standard on all SEL models.
• More Connectivity. Ford Sync™ hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle (late availability).
• More Choices. A new Sport Appearance Package, five new exterior color options and available ambient lighting (late availability) are all new for 2008.
Ford Fusion stands apart in the highly competitive mid-size car §egmènt wîth a bold, distinctive design and §egmènt-leading quality, safety and affordability. With first-in-class available all-wheel drive (AWD) and a powerful 3.0-liter V-6 engine, it is no wonder that more consumers are choosing the Ford Fusion.
|Engine : 2.3 L., 4-cylinder|
Power: 160 hp
Torque: 156 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.0 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 221 hp
Torque: 205 ft-lbs
5-speed Manual, 6-speed Automatic, 5-speed Automatic
Other features newly available for 2008 include Reverse Sensing System, keyless entry keypad and ambient lighting (late availability).
Fusion is a car built for comfort and convenience. Available all-wheel drive (AWD) provides responsive handling for enhanced driver confidence while standard Variable Cam Timing aids in performance. Stylish, premium interior materials create a relaxed ride, and newly available ambient lighting lends flair to the interior.
Fusion completes the Ford family of cars, settling between the award-winning Focus and Taurus, both all-new for 2008. Fusion is available in S, SE and SEL trims. All Fusions are built in Ford's Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly Plant in Mexico.
Fusion Dials Úp the Style for 2008
Fusion brings style to the often bland mid-size car §egmènt. With its signature chrome three-bar grille, Fusion makes a strong, all-American statement.
Fusion's interior is inviting and comfortable wîth high-quality appeal. Convenience features like grocery hooks in the trunk and the fold-down passenger front seat on SE and SEL are small touches wîth big impact. New ambient lighting (late availability) makes the Fusion even more distinctive.
Fusion's signature exterior design includes:
• The family face. The signature three-bar grille, also featured on the Ford Edge, Ford Taurus and 2009 Ford Flex crossovers, graces the Fusion's front fascia.
• An athletic and confident appearance. Sleek lines running along the sides draw the eye back to the high rear deck-lid, creating a bold American look. The athleticism of the design is further pronounced in the available 16-, 17- and 18-inch aluminum wheels.
• Five new exterior colors. White Suede Clearcoat, Moss Green Clearcoat Metallic, Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic and Light Sage Clearcoat Metallic are now available.
Fusion offers a new Sport Appearance Package for 2008 that includes a black chrome grille, color-keyed fog lamps, 18-inch tires and aluminum wheels wîth painted pockets, sport-tuned suspension, a unique spoiler, chrome exhaust tips, unique red seat inserts (cloth or leather) and red stitching on the seats, §teering wheel and center console.
Highlights of Fusion's interior include:
• Premium interior materials. Available in three highly styled finishes: carbon graphite, wood or piano black.
• An inviting atmosphere. Fusion's new ambient lighting option (late availability) and available leather seating surfaces featuring contrast stitching enhance the interior sophistication and comfort.
• A highly flexible interior. Features include a pop-up storage bin located on the instrument panel, clamshell armrest, the largest trunk in its class, fold-down front-passenger seat and one-touch 60/40 spring-assisted fold-flat rear seats.
Innovative Features Keep Customers Connected
Fusion would be at home in any technophile's garage wîth the addition of several features. They include:
• Ford Sync, Ford's -exclusive, voice-activated hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system (late availability). This newly available system fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity. Developed in collaboration wîth Microsoft, Sync will be offered exclusively on 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles later this year.
• Voice-activated navigation system. Fusion's available navigation system is voice-activated for more convenient hands-free operation.
• Reverse Sensing System. The system emits a tone that increases in frequency and intensity, monitoring blind spots and allowing drivers increased confidence in rear parking and helping to reduce the risk of injury.
• MP3 audio input jack. For consumers who elect not to adopt the optional Sync system, the Fusion's audio input jack is standard on all Fusion models, allowing for audio input from any MP3 player.
Fusion wîth all-wheel drive is proving its mettle among consumers, earning kudos in Ford's Fusion Challenge advertising for being the most fun to drive and having the best handling, outperforming its competitors.
Fully independent front- and rear-suspension systems give Fusion smooth, confident handling in both front- and all-wheel drive. With the introduction of the 2008 model, ABS becomes standard, providing even more peace of mind for drivers.
The soul of any car is its engine, and Fusion offers a choice of Ford's 2.3-liter, Duratec 23 inline 4-cylinder or 3.0-liter, Duratec 30 V-6 engine. Both feature aluminum construction, dual-overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, intake variable-cam timing and electronic throttle control to deliver smooth, spirited performance along wîth good fuel economy and emissions ratings.
The 4-cylinder engine delivers 160-horsepower and can be paired wîth a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) When mated to the automatic transmission, the Duratec 23 is rated as a Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) in states adopting California emission standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
For even more power, there's the 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter V-6, paired wîth an advanced 6-speed-automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) Fusion was the first car in its class to offer such a sophisticated automatic.
Safety and Security
Fusion received the highest ratings in both front and side impact from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in 2007. It also was named as one of the 2006 Best Sedans for Families by AAA and Parents magazine, based on family road tests and top crash test ratings.
For 2008, Fusion features more standard safety features, wîth standard ABS and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) on all models.
Standard safety features include:
• Ford's Personal Safety System® and air bag protection. Safety features include six air bags (dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, thorax side air bags for front seat occupants and side-impact air curtains), safety belt pretensioners, seat weight sensing system for the passenger seat and crash severity sensing.
• Ford's BeltMinder™ safety belt reminder for driver and front passenger. Fusion also comes equipped wîth such standard features as child safety locks on the rear doors, the LATCH child safety restraint system and Ford's tire pressure monitoring system.
Major Features and Options
Fusion S includes: 160-hp Duratec 23 I-4 engine wîth 5-speed-manual transmission; Bright chrome three-bar grille; Quad halogen headlamps; Integrated key fob transmitter; Black power exterior mirrors; 16-inch steel wheels wîth premium wheel covers and P205/60R 16 tires; Speed-sensitive windshield wipers; Air conditioning; Rear-seat armrest wîth dual cup holders; Four-speaker AM/FM audio system wîth MP3-capable, single-disc CD player; Auxiliary audio input jack; Two-tier center console; Dash-top storage compartment; Solar-tinted glass; Front and rear grab handles; Dual 12-volt power points; Four-way manual driver seat; Rear 60/40-split, spring-assisted, fold-down bench seat; Leather-wrapped shift knob; Variable-assist power §teering; Tilt and telescopic §teering wheel wîth speed controls; Dual visor vanity mirrors; Power locks; Power windows wîth one-touch-down driver's side window; Belt-Minder®; Rear-door child safety locks; Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system; Emergency trunk release; enhanced side-intrusion protection system; Illuminated entry; ABS; Occupant Classification System; SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system; Personal Safety System®; Front-seat side air bags and side-impact air curtains; and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
Fusion SE adds: 16-inch aluminum wheels; Fog lamps; Body-color, power-operated exterior side mirrors; SE badge; Six-speaker premium AM/FM audio system wîth in-dash, six-disc, MP3-capable CD player; Six-way power driver seat wîth manual lumbar adjustment; Fold-down front-passenger seat; Únique center stack appliqué; Front seat-back map pockets; Message center wîth trip computer; Steering wheel wîth redundant speed and audio controls; Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Dual exhaust tips (V-6 models); and brake actuated traction control (on V-6 AWD).
Fusion SEL adds: Automatic headlights; Bright belt line molding; Heated exterior mirrors wîth puddle lamps; Keyless entry pad; SEL badge; 17-inch aluminum wheels wîth P225/50R 17 performance-rated tires; Electronic automatic climate control; Úpgraded cloth interior; Analog clock; Compass; Electrochromic rearview mirror; Únique appliqués for instrument panel and center stack; Leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth redundant speed and audio controls.
Options include: All-wheel drive; 5-speed automatic transmission for Duratec 23 I-4 models; Audiophile eight-speaker sound system; SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio; Traction control (FWD); Rear spoiler; Reverse Sensing System; Leather seating surfaces; Heated seats; Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system; and the following items available shortly after the 2008 model year launches: ambient lighting and Ford Sync.
Sport Appearance Package (available on Black, Silver Birch or Red Fire exterior colors and Charcoal Black interior) features: Únique red seat inserts (cloth or available leather); Black-chrome grille wîth color-keyed fog lamp bezels; 18-inch machined-aluminum wheels wîth painted pockets; Sport-tuned suspension; Únique decklid 'lip' spoiler; Red cloth accents on seats, door trim; Red stitching on seats, §teering wheel and center console; Únique brushed-aluminum radio surround: Dual chrome exhaust tip (on V-6 SE).
Moon and Tune Package for SE or SEL features: Power moonroof and Audiophile sound system wîth six-disc changer and eight speakers.Source - Ford
|KIA RECEIVES TOP-10 RANKING FOR INITIAL QUALITY IN 2013 J.D. POWER AND ASSOCIATES STUDY|
|◾Kia achieves its highest-ever IQS ranking and outpaces the industry average ◾Soul scores second-consecutive IQS award while Sportage claims its first segment award IRVINE, Calif., June 19, 2013 – J.D. Power and Associates' 2013 Initial Quality Study (IQS) has ranked the Kia Soul and Kia Sportage as leaders in the Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle and Sub-Compact CUV segments, respectively. And, for the first time, Kia ranks among the automotive industry's top 10 nameplates for initial q...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS|
|◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models ◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) providing comfortable accommodations for five passengers ◾Large: a Fiat 500 designed on the new 'small-wide' vehicle architecture for 27 inches more length, plus six inches more ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2008|
|Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro|
|Audi PS TT|
|Audi RS 4|
|Other models by Ford|
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.