|2007 Milan||2009 Milan|
Image credits: © Mercury.
2008 Mercury Milan news, pictures, and information
2008 MERCURY MILAN DELIVERS DISTINCTIVE STYLE, OUTSTANDING VALUE AND SUPERIOR QUALITY• Advanced Electronics. Mercury Sync™ offers the latest in state-of-the-art hands-free communication (late availability). Milan's available DVD-based navigation system also features voice-activated technology for 2008.
• Safety and Convenience. New standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), keyless entry keypad and available Reverse Sensing System add safety and convenience to all models.
• Set the Mood. New ambient lighting is optional (late availability).
• More Choices. Four new package options available wîth five new exterior colors: White Suede Clearcoat, Moss Green Clearcoat Metallic, Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic and Light Sage Clearcoat Metallic.
Mercury Milan challenges the perceptions of what an exceptional mid-size car should be by combining distinctive, sophisticated styling, an expressive, modern interior and §egmènt-leading quality, all at an unexpected value.
|Engine : 2.3 L., 4-cylinder|
Power: 160 hp
Torque: 156 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.0 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 221 hp
Torque: 205 ft-lbs
5-speed Manual, 6-speed Automatic, 5-speed Automatic
Mercury's mid-size sedan is available in Milan and Milan Premier arrays. All Milan models are built in Hermosillo, Mexico.
Milan is designed wîth Mercury's metropolitan identity in mind. It presents sleek exterior styling wîth cues like standard LED taillamps and satin aluminum grille and exterior accents.
The interior is urbane wîth available interior two-tone leather seating surfaces and standard Satin Aluminum or available Wales Mahogany interior finish accents providing a dramatic flair. Milan features several signature external design touches, including:
• The trademark Mercury waterfall grille, seen in satin aluminum on the Milan.
• Satin aluminum finish is also found on the Mercury badges and lower front fascia trim, creating visual jewelry that draws attention to its clean design.
• Milan possesses a long wheelbase and dynamic stance, highlighted by the bright chrome belt line.
• Clean, chiseled body sides flow upward from unique aluminum wheels, together establishing a strong visual profile.
• Form follows Function Milan is more than just a pretty face. The elegant exterior design was created specifically to provide function as well as form. Milan customers want a car that has the flexibility to accommodate all of their needs.
Highlights of Milan's functionality include:
• Mercury Sync - an -exclusive, voice-activated, hands-free, in-car communications and entertainment system. Developed in collaboration wîth Microsoft, the system fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity (late availability).
• A newly available ambient lighting system (late availability) offers the option of illuminating the front and rear footwells and front cupholders wîth any one of seven colors. The driver or front passenger can choose from red, orange, blue, indigo, violet, green and yellow.
• Reverse Sensing System is added to Milan's options list for 2008 as well.
• The large rear door, extended back to the C-pillar, allows easier access for all rear-seat passengers.
• A roomy 15.8-cubic-foot trunk wîth flat-load floor and low liftover height is one of several easy-to-use storage spaces in the vehicle.
• Class-exclusive standard 60/40 rear fold-flat split-seats wîth spring assist allow for easy packing for long items and best-in-class storage space for the Milan.
• The standard fold-flat front passenger seat capability, accommodating extra-long items is hassle-free, as well.
• A standard audio input jack and available Audiophile in-dash six-disc CD player provide premium entertainment and connectivity.
Powertrain and Chassis
Milan was one of Consumer Guide's recommended buys in the mid-size category for 2007, based in no small part on strength in driving performance. Milan presents a refined driving experience wîth available first-in-class all-wheel drive (AWD) technology for more responsive handling.
Performance and handling are ensured by technologies that include:
• Milan's standard 2.3-liter I-4 engine comes equipped wîth a 5-speed manual transmission or available 5-speed automatic.
• The 4-cylinder engine delivers up to 160 horsepower and, when equipped wîth an automatic transmission, meets California's stringent Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
• For a power boost, customers may select the optional 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter V-6, which is paired wîth an advanced 6-speed automatic transmission that helps deliver strong fuel economy.
• A sophisticated short- and long-arm front suspension that features double ball-joint lower control arms and coil-over shocks provides Milan wîth increased ride comfort.
• Ride comfort is further increased through the use of a multi-link rear suspension that performs like a double-wishbone setup.
Safety and Security
On Milan, safety is a priority, as evidenced by receiving the highest individual ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for frontal and side impact crash test performance. In addition, Milan achieved a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) five-star rating for driver side-impact crash safety. For 2008, Milan maintains this strong stance on safety, adding a standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to the already outstanding set of features.
In addition to TPMS, other standard safety features on Milan include:
Ford's Personal Safety System ®. This suite of standard safety features includes dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, thorax side air bags for front seat occupants, safety belt pretensioners, seat weight sensing system for the passenger seat and crash severity sensing. Side air curtains are also standard on all Milan models.
Safety wîth family in mind. Milan has the safety of its youngest passengers in mind wîth child safety locks on rear doors and the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) child restraint safety system.
Belt-Minder® for driver and front passenger. Milan also comes equipped wîth standard side impact air bags for driver and front passenger, side impact air curtains for both first and second rows and anti-lock brakes.
Major Features and Options
Standard features include: 160-horespower Duratec 23 I-4 engine wîth 5-speed manual transmission; Four-wheel disc anti-lock brakes; Satin-aluminum grille; Quad halogen headlamps; LED taillamps; Integrated key fob transmitter; Keyless entry pad; Heated power exterior mirrors; 16-inch steel wheels wîth deluxe seven-spoke wheel covers and P205/60R 16 tires; Quasi-dual exhaust wîth chrome tips (V-6 models); Speed-sensitive windshield wipers; Air conditioning; Rear-seat armrest wîth dual cup holders; Six-speaker AM/FM audio system wîth MP3-capable, single-disc CD player; Auxiliary audio input jack; Center and overhead consoles; Analog clock; Dash-top storage compartment; Solar-tinted glass; Dual 12-volt power points; Six-way power driver seat wîth manual lumbar; Four-way manual front-passenger seat; Fold-flat front passenger seat; Rear 60/40-split, Spring-assisted, fold-down bench seat; Variable-assist power §teering; Tilt and telescopic §teering wheel wîth speed control and secondary audio controls; Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Security approach lamps; Power locks; Power windows wîth one-touch-down driver's side window; Side impact front air bags; Side air curtains; Belt-Minder®; Rear-door child safety locks; Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system; Emergency trunk release; Illuminated entry; SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system; Occupant classification system; Personal Safety System®; and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
Milan Premier adds: Mercury Sync (late availability); Fog lamps; Automatic headlamps; Electronic automatic climate control; Auto-dimming mirror wîth compass; Leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth speed control and secondary audio controls; 17-inch, 14-spoke aluminum wheels wîth P225/50R 17 tires; Premium six-speaker audio system wîth in-dash, six-disc CD player; and Leather seating surfaces.
Options include: Mercury Sync (late availability); Reverse Sensing System; Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system; Ambient lighting (late availability); AWD; 5-speed automatic transmission for Duratec 23 I-4 models; Premium six-speaker sound system wîth in-dash, six-CD player; Audiophile eight-speaker sound system; SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio; Heated front seats; Power moonroof; Úniversal garage door opener; Rear spoiler and Front license plate bracket.
I-4 Auto Package includes: 5-speed automatic transmission and 16-inch aluminum wheels.
Amenities Package (late availability) includes: Úniversal garage door opener; Ambient lighting and Reverse Sensing System.
Appearance Package includes: Rear spoiler; Fog lamps; 17-inch machined-aluminum wheels wîth painted pockets; Leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth Ice Blue stitching; Ice Blue Alcantara? seat and door trim inserts; Ice Blue contrast stitching on seats and console.
Moon & Tune Package includes: Power moonroof; Premium AM/FM in-dash six-CD/MP3 player wîth six speakers and SIRIÚS? Satellite Radio.
Moon & Tune Elite Package includes: Power moonroof; Audiophile AM/FM In-Dash six-CD/MP3 player wîth eight speakers and SIRIÚS? Satellite Radio.
Wales Mahogany Wood Appearance Package includes: Wales mahogany appearance instrument panel appliqué spears and center finish panel.Source - Mercury
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|READER'S DIGEST NAMES KIA SOUL 'BEST CAR DEAL UNDER $15,000'|
|•Soul combines out-of-the-box design, quality, safety and technology features with a low cost of ownership •Reader's Digest accolade adds to Soul's long list of awards IRVINE, Calif., March 7, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) has been one of the fastest-growing car companies in the United States over the last five years1, and its top-selling urban passenger vehicle, the Soul, adds another award to the collection after being named one of the 'Best Car Deals Under $15,000' by Reader's ...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|All-new Dodge Dart and Chrysler 300 Luxury Series Named to 'Wards 10 Best Interiors' List for 2012|
|• New 2013 Dodge Dart built with materials and precision craftsmanship typically found in more expensive vehicle segments |
• High-tech, unseen-in-the-segment features available on the Dart include class-exclusive customizable 7-inch gauge cluster, 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen, heated steering wheel and illuminated floating island bezel in the instrument panel
• All-new Chrysler 300 Luxury Series sedan is the most luxurious and fuel-efficient Chrysler vehicle ever
• ...[Read more...]
|2008 Mercury models|
|Mercury Grand Marquis|
|Mercury Mariner Hybrid|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2008|
|Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro|
|Audi PS TT|
|Audi RS 4|
|Other models by Mercury|
|2007 Milan||2009 Milan|