LINCOLN MKX DELIVERS MORE LUXURY, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY AND STANDARD FEATURES FOR 2008
• Industry-exclusive Innovation. Lincoln Sync™ offers new levels of connection, control, simplicity and personalization for electronic devices such as cell phones and MP3 players.
• Standard Comfort and Convenience. Lincoln MKX now comes wîth standard heated and cooled front seats, Reverse Sensing System, memory seats and mirrors, and driver and passenger power lumbar.
• Exciting Sight and Sound. Standard SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio, available first-in-class THX® II-Certified audio system and voice-activated navigation enhance the driving experience.
• New Limited Edition Package. Includes 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, chrome door handles, fineline Ebony wood accents and premium leather seats in Charcoal Black wîth Medium Light Stone inserts and piping.
• Monochrome Limited Edition Package. Available only in black, this exclusive package includes the Limited Edition Package plus a monochromatic body color grille.
Lincoln MKX has defined the brand's presence in the fast-growing premium crossover §egmènt wîth elegant exterior design, an award-winning interior, and third party recognition for safety, quality, and technology. Lincoln MKX has consistently sold at a pace faster than its key competitors and brought new customers in the Lincoln dealer showroom at an impressive rate. The brand's first crossover is one part of a product strategy to round out the Lincoln showroom and continues to deliver wîth new features and equipment for the 2008 model year.
The award-winning Lincoln MKX combines modern Lincoln design wîth a sporty stance, powerful engine and quiet interior. It also boasts such technological advances as adaptive headlamps that move wîth the §teering wheel, a panoramic glass Vista Roof™, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, 14-speaker THX® II-Certified audio system, and a voice-activated navigation system. The five-passenger luxury CÚV is powered by a fuel-efficient 3.5-liter engine and class-leading 6-speed transmission wîth fully independent suspension. A suite of standard safety features including AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control) and solid unibody construction have helped the Lincoln MKX earn a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The 2008 Lincoln MKX gives customers even more of what they expect from a luxury crossover wîth more -first innovations, a new Monochromatic Limited Edition and a host of new standard features:
• Lincoln Sync™ – An -exclusive voice-activated, hands-free, in-car communications and entertainment system. The system, developed in collaboration wîth Microsoft, fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity.
• 2008 Limited Edition – Available in White Chocolate Clearcoat Metallic, Vapor Sliver Clearcoat Metallic or Vivid Red Clearcoat Metallic, the Limited Edition includes: Charcoal Black interior wîth fineline Ebony wood accents; Ebony carpeting and floor mats wîth Lincoln Star logo; premium leather seating in Charcoal Black wîth Medium Light Stone inserts and piping; chrome exterior door handles; unique badging; Lincoln Star logos stitched on the first row headrests and all-new 20-inch chrome-clad wheels.
• Monochrome Limited Edition – Available exclusively in Black, the Monochrome Limited Edition includes all the great features of the Limited Edition plus a monochromatic body color grille.
• More standard features. The 2008 MKX adds Lincoln Sync™ and SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio to a long list of standard features that include heated and cooled front seats, power lumbar driver and front passenger seats, easy entry driver's seat, memory driver's seat and side mirrors, auto-dimming driver's side mirror and Reverse Sensing System.
For 2008, Lincoln MKX's interior features even more luxurious color and material combinations wîth new bright nickel accents, while the available navigation system now features voice-recognition technology.
Additionally, customers can opt for new available 20-inch chrome wheels and choose from three new exterior colors – Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic and Light Ice Blue Clearcoat Metallic.
Lincoln MKX is manufactured at Ford's Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario, Canada. Modern Lincoln Design
Lincoln MKX's confident exterior and luxurious, quiet interior signal a new direction in Lincoln's modern design.
The high beltline is defined by a stroke of chromed trim that caps broad shoulders, pronounced wheel lips and short overhangs that give Lincoln MKX its wide, athletic stance. A chromed cap on each side-view mirror adds a dramatic finishing touch.
Black rocker panels plant the vehicle to the ground, accentuating the standard 18-inch wheels and tires. For 2008, customers can now choose all-new 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels for an added touch of upscale flair.
Side marker lights cut into the simple, clean fascia and bend around to the side of the vehicle. Chrome-ringed fog lamps integrated into the lower fascia echo the chrome-tipped dual exhausts.
Distinctive lighting is a hallmark of modern Lincoln design, offering the perfect balance of art and functionality.
An available adaptive front lighting system consists of motor-driven halogen low beams based on §teering-wheel input that swivel around curves. When cornering, the headlamps can illuminate a stretch of road up to 36 feet longer than conventional headlights.
Functional elegance is also the theme for Lincoln MKX's liftgate lighting. The system uses 16 light-emitting diodes (LEDs), eight outboard and eight inboard, flanking the Lincoln star. The result is an edge-to-edge band of illumination across the width of the liftgate.
Quiet, Comfortable Interior
Lincoln's modern identity is evident in Lincoln MKX's comfortable, elegant interior that adds new color and material combinations wîth bright nickel accents and upgraded floor mats for 2008.
Lincoln MKX boasts the quietest Lincoln interior yet. In addition to conventional sound-absorbing techniques such as a thicker dash pad, laminated windshield and thicker side glass, Lincoln MKX blends unique materials for further reduction in road noise. A constrained-layer barrier is fused to the rear wheelhouses, and sound-deadening material is welded behind exterior trim panels.
The interior design is defined by a sweeping instrument panel flowing into a clean, well-organized center stack. Wood and bright nickel accents are carried to the door panels. Interior controls are bathed in Lincoln's cool-white light for a pleasing nighttime cabin experience.
Removable dividers in the center console let customers adapt storage space for anything from laptop computers to handbags and CDs. The center console also features a concealed power point – for a total of four throughout the interior – and an MP3 audio jack. Phone and MP3 player cords can be neatly organized, and a slot molded into the console provides power-point access.
The interior is surprisingly spacious, defying its sleek exterior shape. Front seats have ten-way power adjustment including power lumbar for both driver and passenger, along wîth standard heated and cooled features. The second row is sure to make all occupants comfortable wîth available heated seats, as well as ample headroom and legroom.
In addition, the 60/40-split second row features impressive reclining angles of up to 15 degrees. It also folds in one fluid movement, either by the seat-mounted lever or a unique EasyFold™ remote switch accessible from the liftgate. Lincoln MKX offers 68.7 cubic feet of cargo volume wîth the rear seats folded.
Vista Roof™ Lets in Mother Nature
As drivers face more congested roads, Lincoln MKX's available all-glass Vista Roof™ brings stress relief through its unique outward view and open-air freedom.
The Vista Roof™ features a large 27.3-inch by 29.4-inch forward sunroof wîth a one-touch-open switch for vent and tilt-and-slide operations. Dual power sunshades operate concurrently when the driver wants to block out glare. Meanwhile, the fixed 15.75-inch by 31.3-inch rear moon roof gives rear-seat viewers an outside view, too.
Award Winning Entertainment
The 2008 Lincoln MKX offers the 's first THX® II-Certified audio system designed by THX, a California company renowned for its movie theater systems.
Named the ‘Best Audio System' by CNET.com in the 2006 Car Tech Awards and PC Magazine in their 2007 Digital Drive Awards, the THX II system uses the latest in THX technologies to bring the home theater surround sound experience to the open road. The system uses a 12-channel amplifier to deliver 600 watts of power to a total of 14 speakers, including two subwoofers, strategically placed in the cabin.
The system's processor takes into consideration bandwidth, peak audio levels and coverage uniformity to deliver a smooth spectral balance and wide dynamic range. Multi-channel equalization and digital signal processing match the speaker placement to the cabin acoustics to assure this level of performance.
With the push of a button, the system can be configured for three specific listening modes - Driver, Front Seats and All Seats - ensuring that all passengers are enjoying optimal sound.
The system also features a fast-loading six-disc changer that reads CDs in normal audio, MP3 compressed or text formats. The AM/FM tuner is compatible wîth the Radio Data Broadcasting System (RDBS) and displays participating radio station call letters, formats and song titles.
Lincoln MKX also features an integrated MP3-audio input jack and power point conveniently concealed in the center console. Rear passengers can enjoy the available DVD entertainment system wîth a drop-down 8-inch screen.
Tuned for Refinement and Comfort
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 3.5 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 265 hp
Torque: 250 ft-lbs
Powered by a 3.5-liter DOHC V-6 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission, Lincoln MKX is Lincoln's best example yet of effortless driving performance thanks to its wide stance, four-wheel independent suspension and the brand's well-honed driving DNA.
Lincoln MKX's unibody construction provides a strong foundation for the four-wheel independent suspension. The MacPherson-strut front suspension is mounted to an isolated subframe that uses hydro-bushings to reduce unwanted §teering wheel vibration.
A four-link, independent rear suspension uses stamped steel control blades and monotube shocks for precise suspension tuning. The rear shocks are mounted outboard and behind the wheel center to enhance ride and handling. Lincoln MKX comes standard wîth four-wheel disc brakes and an anti-lock braking system (ABS).
The available intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is tuned wîth an emphasis on luxury performance and confident all-weather driving. The system actively and seamlessly delivers torque to all four wheels, even before wheel slippage occurs. An active on-demand coupler delivers the precise amount of torque needed to the rear wheels. Paired wîth available traction control, intelligent AWD can transfer torque front-to-rear and side-to-side.
The advanced 6-speed automatic transmission uses a wide 6.04:1 gear ratio, along wîth multiple clutches for smoother, refined shifts. Safety Customers Expect
The Lincoln MKX offers a long list of standard safety features designed to help protect occupants in the event of a crash. The body structure has been optimized through the strategic use of high-strength steel, side intrusion beams in the doors, and specially designed energy-absorbing interior door trim. Other safety advancements include:
• AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC® (Roll Stability Control). This system can predict a vehicle's path, using a sensor to measure oversteer and yaw by monitoring the vehicle's speed, throttle position and §teering wheel angle. When the system senses wheel slip or the loss of traction, it applies braking where needed to keep the vehicle safely on its intended path.
• Ford's Personal Safety System®. This suite of safety features includes dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, thorax side air bags for front seat occupants, safety belt pre-tensioners, seat weight sensing system for the passenger seat, and crash severity sensing.
• Ford's exclusive Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags. Designed for both rows, this feature utilizes roll-fold technology to efficiently deploy the air bag when an occupant's head is resting against the side glass. In the event of a crash, the roll-fold bag will deploy between the occupant's head and the side of the vehicle.
• Ford's BeltMinder™ safety belt reminder for driver and front passenger. Lincoln MKX also comes equipped wîth such standard features as child safety locks on the rear doors and LATCH child safety restraint system.
• Ford's Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This system alerts drivers when tire pressure is low.Major Features and OptionsStandard features include:
Lincoln Sync™ communications and entertainment system; Heated and cooled front seats; Four-wheel disc brakes wîth Anti-lock Braking System (ABS); Power locks; Auto-dimming rearview mirror; 4-power points; Remote keyless entry; Power windows wîth driver and passenger one-touch up/down; Two-speed rear wiper; Privacy glass; Heated, dual power mirrors wîth memory; 18-inch machined aluminum wheels; Air conditioning; Premium AM/FM stereo/clock/CDx6/MP3 wîth 6 speakers and SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio wîth 6-month pre-paid subscription; Auxiliary audio input jack; Floor mats; Overhead console; Manual tilt and telescoping §teering wheel; Leather wrapped §teering wîth genuine wood accents, speed control and redundant audio controls; AdvanceTrac® wîth RSC®; Belt-Minder®; Child safety locks; Height adjustable safety belts; LATCH; Personal Safety System®; Reverse Sensing System; SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system; Perimeter anti-theft alarm; Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Optional features include:
20-inch chrome-clad wheels; Panoramic Vista Roof™; Roof rack side rails; Heated rear seats; Rear seat DVD entertainment system; THX II-Certified audio system wîth 14 speakers; Voice-activated, DVD-based navigation system. Elite Package adds:
Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system; Panoramic Vista Roof™; THX II-Certified audio system. Limited Edition includes:
Chrome exterior handles; ‘Limited Edition' vehicle badge; Charcoal Black interior wîth fineline Ebony wood; Ebony floor carpet and floor mats wîth logo; Premium leather seating in Charcoal Black wîth Medium Light Stone inserts and piping; Stitched Lincoln Star on the first-row headrests; all-new 20-inch chrome-clad wheels. Monochrome Limited Edition includes:
All features of the Limited Edition plus a monochromatic body color grille. Últimate Package includes:
18-inch, 8-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels; Adaptive headlamps; EasyFold™ second-row remote seat release; Power liftgate; Úniversal garage door opener; Premium leather seating wîth contrast piping; Below floor cargo management system. Class II Trailer Tow/Pre Package includes:
Class II receiver hitch; Engine oil cooler; Larger radiator; Úpgraded cooling fan; Úpgraded battery; Wiring harness wîth 4-Pin connector.Source - Mercury