LINCOLN MKZ, ALREADY ATTRACTING NEW CUSTOMERS AND ACCOLADES, UPS THE ANTE FOR 2008
• New standards of excellence. More features are standard for the 2008 model including SIRIÚS? Satellite Radio and perforated premium leather-trimmed, heated and cooled front seats.
• Exclusive convenience. Ford Motor Company's -exclusive Sync hands-free communications and entertainment system will be standard on the 2008 Lincoln MKZ (late availability).
• Award-winning sound. Lincoln MKZ's award-winning navigation system now includes voice activation.
The Lincoln MKZ is an unqualified success, leading Lincoln's product resurgence by providing a true American mid-size luxury sedan that's appealing to entry-level luxury buyers. Posting continued year-over-year sales growth, the Lincoln MKZ has drawn new customers to the Lincoln brand by offering sophisticated American design, an award-winning premium interior and a long list of innovative and exclusive features at a value unheard of in the luxury §egmènt.
For 2008, Lincoln MKZ adds more standard features for greater comfort and convenience:
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 3.5 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 263 hp
Torque: 249 ft-lbs
• Lincoln Sync™, Ford's -exclusive, voice-activated hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system. Developed in collaboration wîth Microsoft, the system fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity (late availability).
• Reverse Sensing System. This new feature assists drivers wîth rear parking by providing an audible gauge of distance from approaching objects.
• SIRIÚS? Satellite Radio. The highly popular feature becomes standard for the 2008 model year.
• Premium leather heated and cooled seats. Another popular optional feature is now standard for 2008.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This system alerts drivers when tire pressure is low.
Four new exterior colors – Dark Blue Ink Clearcoat Metallic, Moss Green Clearcoat Metallic, Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic and White Suede Clearcoat – round out the list of new features on the 2008 Lincoln MKZ.
The Lincoln MKZ is available in FWD or AWD configurations, and is built at Ford's Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly Plant in Mexico. Award-Winning Sound
The Lincoln MKZ boasts several award-winning electronics including the THX® II-Certified audio system and a Pioneer Navigation System.
Named the ‘Best Audio (Stereo) System' by CNET.com in the 2006 Car Tech Awards and by PC Magazine in their 2007 Digital Drive Awards, the THX II system uses the latest in patented THX technologies to bring the home theater surround sound experience to the open road. The system uses a twelve-channel amplifier to deliver 600 watts of power to a total of fourteen speakers, including two subwoofers, strategically placed in the cabin.
The system's processor takes into consideration bandwidth, peak audio levels and coverage uniformity to deliver a smooth spectral balance and wide dynamic range. Multi-channel equalization and digital signal processing match the speaker placement to the cabin acoustics to assure this level of performance.
With the push of a button, the system can be configured for three specific listening modes - Driver, Front Seats and All Seats - ensuring that all passengers are enjoying optimal sound.
The system also features a fast-loading six-disc changer that reads CDs in normal audio, MP3 compressed or text formats. The AM/FM tuner is compatible wîth the Radio Data Broadcasting System (RDBS) and displays participating radio station call letters, formats and song titles.
Lincoln MKZ's touch-screen navigation system was ranked ‘Highest in Customer Satisfaction wîth Factory Installed Navigation Systems' status by J.D. Power and Associates. This award-winning system now includes voice-activation capability for the 2008 model year. Signature Luxury Design
With the introduction of the Lincoln MKZ in 2007, critics hailed it for helping redefine Lincoln as a strong competitor in the luxury car market. The Lincoln MKZ presents a clean exterior style wîth a solid dynamic stance.
Major design cues on the Lincoln MKZ include:
• Lincoln Signature design. An even more refined iteration of Lincoln's distinct waterfall grille is present on the Lincoln MKZ.
• Distinctive exterior lighting. Includes quad-beam halogen headlamps or available high-intensity display (HID) lamps, fog lights and LED taillamps.
• Chrome highlights lend brightness. Throughout the exterior design, touches on the beltline, mirror caps and dual-exhausts add highlights throughout the exterior.
• 17-inch aluminum wheels. Together wîth low-profile tires, the wheels are an important addition to the design, contributing a low, purposeful stance.Class-leading Interior Design
The award-winning interior boasts unique features and incredible comfort, placing driver and passengers in the lap of luxury.
Lincoln MKZ offers first-in-class, class-exclusive and award-winning features, including:
• First-in-class standard 10-way power seats. Lincoln MKZ provides standard 10-way power seats to both driver and front passengers.
• First-in-class climate-controlled seats. The Lincoln MKZ was also the first in its class to provide climate-controlled front seats wîth perforated premium leather seating surfaces.
• Best-in-class interior space. The Lincoln MKZ has not only the roomiest interior in its class but also has 'best-in-class' rear seat legroom, providing exquisite comfort and ease of entry for rear passengers.
• Class-exclusive standard 60/40 split rear seat. Functionality is as important as form, and the Lincoln MKZ excels at each wîth the inclusion of the easy-to-use rear 60/40, spring-assisted, split bench seat that allows for greater trunk storage when necessary.
• Largest trunk in class. At 15.8 cubic square feet, the Lincoln MKZ enjoys a highly useable and roomy trunk storage space.Premium Power on Demand
Ford's award-winning Duratec 35 V-6 engine delivers 263 horsepower and 249 pound-feet of torque, resulting in smooth power and a confident, comfortable ride.
The Lincoln MKZ is able to respond readily to its driver's demands, thanks to the premium 6-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
A torque-based electronic throttle control works wîth the electronically controlled transmission by adjusting throttle plate movement to tailor torque to the timing of each shift. In this way, the transmission is able to deliver smooth, barely perceptible gear changes.
The Lincoln MKZ possesses an engaging, performance driving character thanks to the careful engineering and calibration on the chassis, §teering boost curve, spring rates, anti-roll bars and damping force.
The standard 17-inch tires were selected to complement the suspension tuning and for their quiet tread design. The rack-and-pinion §teering system was tuned to be in harmony wîth the suspension and tires. Útilizing the car's stiff structure, the Lincoln MKZ mounts the §teering gear to the front perimeter subframe for reduced noise and vibration. This allows the driver to better experience the car's relationship to the road via the §teering wheel, whether it's a parking maneuver or a high-speed lane change.
The available intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is tuned wîth an emphasis on luxury performance and confident all-weather driving. The system actively and seamlessly delivers torque to all four wheels, even before wheel slippage occurs. An active on-demand coupler delivers the precise amount of torque needed to the rear wheels. Paired wîth standard traction control, intelligent AWD can transfer torque front-to-rear and side-to-side. Safety Brings Peace of Mind
The Lincoln MKZ features a number of highly advanced safety technologies.
All safety features are standard on the Lincoln MKZ, including:
• Side air bag protection. The Lincoln MKZ is also outfitted for side impact safety wîth side impact air bags for driver and front passengers, and air curtains for both first and second rows and a side impact Protection System.
Ford's Personal Safety System?. This suite of safety features includes seat belt pretensioners, load-limiting retractors, dual-stage front air bags, driver seat position sensing and crash severity sensing.
• Ford's Belt-Minder? system seat belt reminder for driver and front passenger. In addition, the Lincoln MKZ is equipped wîth the LATCH child safety restraint system and child safety locks.
• Occupant Classification System for increased air bag safety. Working wîth the driver and front passenger air bags, the Occupant Classification System uses sophisticated weight gauges to determine the safest use of air bags.Key Features and OptionsStandard features include:
Lincoln Sync™ (late availability); SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio; Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); Reverse Sensing System; Heated and cooled front seats; 263-hp 3.5-liter V-6 wîth 6-speed automatic transmission; Luxurious interior, wîth genuine wood, leather, and satin nickel trim; 17-inch machined and painted aluminum 8-spoke wheels; LED taillamps; Dual-zone electronic air temperature control; MP3 audio input jack; 10-way power adjustable driver/passenger seat wîth power lumbar and recline; Front-Wheel Drive (FWD); Excellent NVH characteristics and unique suspension; Driver memory seats and mirrors. Available options include:
Intelligent AWD; THX II-Certified audio system wîth 14 speakers, a six-disc player compatible wîth normal audio, MP3 compressed or text format CDs; Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system wîth a 6.5-inch-wide screen and text-to-speech technology for travel directions aloud in English, Spanish or French; High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps; 17-inch 8-spoke chrome wheels; Power moonroof.Source - Mercury