|BMW TEAM RLL – TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING PREVIEW|
| ||Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – March 12, 2014 . . . After five years of beginning its season at the Twelve Hours of Sebring, BMW Team RLL arrives ready for the 62nd annual event with something it has never had before – momentum from a prior race. The new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship that has merged the GRAND-AM and ALMS series began with the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January. BMW Team RLL finished second and fourth - the only team in the GTLM class to finish both team cars in the top-five.
|DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
NEW YORK...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY|
|'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick facility before full attention was placed on engineering and producing aircraft engines, ammunition and the M18 tank destroyer, better known as the Hellcat.
The M18 originated in the design studio...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: 11 HIGHLIGHTS OF 11 DECADES|
|Buick vehicles today are built in state-of-the-art facilities around the world. The Enclave luxury crossover's Lansing Delta Township plant was the industry's first LEED Gold-certified manufacturing facility. The brand has evolved in many ways since 1903, when the first Buick was hand-built in a small barn behind David Dunbar Buick's Detroit home. Here are 11 top highlights from Buick's first 11 decades:
• Through the end of 2012, Buick has sold more than 43 million vehicles. That's the equiv...[Read more...]|