|THE MOST FAMOUS TROPHIES IN RACING UNITED WITH WINNERS AT AMELIA|
|Long before motorsport became commercialized; there was nobility in auto racing's rituals of victory. Louis Meyer, the first to win the Indy 500 three times, said it best . . .
'Winning the Borg-Warner Trophy is like winning an Olympic medal.'
That was 80 years ago. Today the trophy of motorsport's most important and glamorous race still packs the same potency it did when it was first awarded to the winner of the Indianapolis 500.
A quarter century before the Borg-Wa...[Read more...]|
|DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
NEW YORK...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: 11 HIGHLIGHTS OF 11 DECADES|
|Buick vehicles today are built in state-of-the-art facilities around the world. The Enclave luxury crossover's Lansing Delta Township plant was the industry's first LEED Gold-certified manufacturing facility. The brand has evolved in many ways since 1903, when the first Buick was hand-built in a small barn behind David Dunbar Buick's Detroit home. Here are 11 top highlights from Buick's first 11 decades:
• Through the end of 2012, Buick has sold more than 43 million vehicles. That's the equiv...[Read more...]|
|Automotive Hall of Fame Inductees Named|
|Awards to be Presented in Conjunction with the Concours d'Elegance of America
The Automotive Hall of Fame will present its annual induction and awards ceremony on Thursday, July 26, 2012 as one of the week-long Concours d'Elegance of America events. It will be held at The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan.
Both the Concours d'Elegance of America and the Automotive Hall of Fame celebrate the heritage and history of Detroit. The show highlights the evolution of the automobile's...[Read more...]|