1925 Minerva Sport Touring news, pictures, and information
In 1908, Minerva obtained a worldwide Knight Engine license. The Knight motor, developed by Charles Yale Knight in the United States, used double sleeve valves and ran almost silently. All future Minerva's would use these engines. Customers for the Minerva would include Henry Ford and the kings of Belgium, Sweden and Norway.
This Minerva's coachwork was designed in New York by Paul Ostruck and built in Paris, France, for a Mrs. Knight, who took delivery of the car in Paris and toured Europe before returning to her home on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. This car was first seen for sale for $1,000 on Woodward Avenue in Detroit by the owner in 1961, and was finally purchased in 1991.
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.