|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R...[Read more...]|
|RECORD DAY AT BONHAMS GREENWICH AUCTION|
|(June 2, 2014) Greenwich, CT – Standing room only crowds packed the Bonhams tent at the 7th annual Greenwich collector motorcar auction with the sale totaling in excess of $8 million dollars—besting last year's record breaking total by over 40%, with over 93% of lots offered finding new homes. The capacity crowd grew nearly silent as the catalog cover lot, a 1975 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopica', sold for over $1.2 million dollars to a bidder seated in the front of the room, beat...[Read more...]|
|BMW HONORS BOSCH|
| ||'BMW Supplier Innovation Award' for outstanding partnership
- Special prize in the innovation partnership category
- BMW honors several innovation milestones
- Bosch continues to drive progress in automotive technology
The BMW Group has awarded Bosch its 'BMW Supplier Innovation Award'. The German carmaker presents the prize to suppliers who have distinguished themselves with outstanding innovation and performance.
'We are very proud of this award,' says Peter Tyroller,...[Read more...]|
|TESLA MODEL S SALES EXCEED TARGET|
| ||Tesla Motors announced today that sales of its Model S vehicle exceeded the target provided in the mid-February shareholder letter. As customers who note their Model S serial number this weekend will realize, vehicle deliveries (sales) exceeded 4,750 units vs. the 4,500 unit prior outlook. As a result, Tesla is amending its Q1 guidance to full profitability, both GAAP and non-GAAP.
'I am incredibly proud of the Tesla team for their outstanding work. There have been many car startups over the ...[Read more...]|
|American Classics Top RM's $6.8 Million Michigan Sale|
|A majestic 1930 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Victoria, J272, formerly owned by noted band leader Paul Whiteman of 'Rhapsody in Blue' fame, garnered top dollar at RM's Michigan sale yesterday, selling for a strong $957,000 before a packed house.
One of just 16 examples bodied with convertible Victoria coachwork by Rollston, the stunning Duesenberg led a magnificent group of top-selling American classics at the single-day sale, held in conjunction with the famed Concours d'Elegance of Americ...[Read more...]|