1924 Aston Martin Sidevalve Tourer news, pictures, and information
This car, chassis 1949, is last of the 26 cars built by Bamford & Martin Ltd. in 1924, out of a total production by the company of 61 cars between 1914 and 1925. It was priced initially at 720 British Pounds.
The 1486cc sidevalve engine produces 42 horsepower at 4000 RPM and the cars were guaranteed to lap Brooklands at 65 mph.
This car was driven into a barn in 1957 to rest undisturbed for 46 years, when acquired for restoration by current owner Christopher J. Lendrum, chairman of the Aston Martin Heritage Trust. It was restored by Ecurie Bertelli Ltd.
2 litre C-Type
2-Liter Type A Speed Model
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.