Perfect balance in the mechanical sense is assured by the first 18-cylinder direct injection petrol engine in automotive history. Three banks of six cylinders are coupled into a W shape.
By Daniel Vaughan | Nov 2007
|The ‘Quadrifoglio Verde' is back on Giulietta and MiTo|
|The legendary 'Quadrifoglio Verde' that has identified the top performing cars by Alfa Romeo since 1923 is back on the new versions
• Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with a new 'Quadrifoglio Verde'
• True expression of Alfa Romeo's DNA, this car marks the debut of the new 240 HP 1750 Turbo Petrol engine with all-aluminium direct injection
• State-of-the-art 'Alfa TCT' 6-speed twin dry clutch transmission
• It's the same engine/transmission as the Alfa Romeo 4C supercar
• Giuliet...[Read more...]|
|Audi S5 Wins Fifth Consecutive Ward'S 10 Best Engines Award|
|• Ward's 10 Best Engines competition pits the latest engines available in the U.S. market against the returning winners from the previous year
• The engine in the S5 consists of a 3.0L supercharged V-6 which generates 333 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque
• The 3.0 TFSI V6 engine powers a total of seven Audi vehicles including the Audi S5, the A8, A7, A6, Q7, Q5 and S4 luxury-sport sedan
Audi has been named a winner in the 20th annual Ward's 10 Best Engines competition for the Audi S5. T...[Read more...]|
|FORD BUILDS TWO MILLIONTH ECOBOOST ENGINE AS CONSUMER DEMAND GROWS IN MARKETS WORLDWIDE|
|◾More than 100,000 EcoBoost engines now produced every month, with a target of 1.2 million for 2013, up more than 60 percent from 2012. For the first time, EcoBoost production expected to exceed Ford's global diesel-engine production
◾Customer demand exceeds projections globally with 90 percent of Escape buyers in North America and 95 percent of Kuga buyers in Asia choosing EcoBoost; in diesel-centric Europe, 39 percent of Focus customers opt for EcoBoost
◾Ford doubled Cologne, Germany, produc...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower|
|DETROIT – The 2014 Corvette Stingray's all-new LT1 6.2L V-8 engine is SAE-certified at 460 horsepower (343 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 465 lb-ft of torque (630 Nm) at 4,600 rpm, with the available performance exhaust system, Chevrolet announced today.
The Stingray is SAE-certified at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 460 lb-ft (624 Nm) with the standard exhaust system. They are the highest standard power ratings ever for the Corvette, delivered with efficiency that is expected to exceed 26 mpg on t...[Read more...]|
|Powertrain Innovation Comes Standard on 2013 Regal|
|The 2013 Buick Regal luxury sport sedan arrives at dealerships this fall with a standard advanced eAssist powertrain and 36 highway mpg. Two powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines give Regal one of the most technologically advanced engine ranges in the brand's history.
'With eAssist, Buick is redefining what a 'conventional powertrain' means to customers,' said eAssist global chief engineer Stephen Poulos. 'It changes the fuel economy – but not the experience – for the 97 percent of new...[Read more...]|