|RM MONTEREY OFF TO A RACING START WITH ESTEEMED JIM CLICK FORD PERFORMANCE COLLECTION|
|• RM Sotheby's returns to California's Monterey Peninsula, August 19 – 20, for its flagship sale during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
• Early entries powered by the Jim Click Ford Performance Collection, a superlative group of competitive racing Fords and Shelbys
• Collection highlighted by CSX 2473, one of the most successful competition Cobras of all time, and a Ford GT40 Mk I
• A tradition spanning over 30 years, RM's two-day Monterey sale to feature 100 blue-chip collector cars
• ...[Read more...]|
|Local Drivers Compete During Pirelli World Challenge / Mazda Road to Indy Weekend|
| ||MONTEREY, Calif., Sept. 7, 2015 — Four competitors with local ties will be competing in four of the 10 different classes of sports car and open-wheel racing during the Pirelli World Challenge and Mazda Road to Indy this weekend, Sept. 11-13, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Pirelli World Challenge
Bryan Heitkotter, of Fresno, will be driving the No. 05 AE Replay XC Nissan GT Academy Nissan GT-R-GT3 in the GT category, the top class of Pirelli World Challenge's seven classes of rac...[Read more...]|
|Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate...[Read more...]|
|1962 Monaco Grand Prix: McLaren Carries the Cooper Flag back to the Top|
|By the beginning of the 1962 Formula One season Jack Brabham had left Cooper to form his own racing team. It seemed the glories days of the double World Championship were well and truly behind them. However, left in Brabham's stead would be a man very akin to the Australian in so many ways. And in Bruce McLaren, Cooper had a driver and competitor more than apt to help carry the team forward into the future.
The first race of the 1962 season, the Grand Prix of the Netherlands, certainly didn't...[Read more...]|
|Formula One - Spanish Grand Prix|
|Kimi Raikkonen bagged his second podium on the trot in Barcelona, charging hard to finish third behind first time grand prix winner Pastor Maldonado and, by just half a second, Fernando Alonso.
The Finn was disappointed not to finish on the top step, though, claiming that the Lotus E20 had the potential to have won every race this year so far. Nevertheless, he is now fourth in the Drivers' Championship, just 12 points behind leaders Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso.
Starting on the sec...[Read more...]|