2008 Dallara F308 news, pictures, and information
Dallara Launch the F308 Formula 3 CarThe Pursuit of Excellence
For 2008 we present to you a completely new Formula 3 car, the DALLARA F308. This entirely new car forms the basis for the new generation of our formula 3 car which will take us from 2008 to 2010.
Interest in the car has been intense wîth orders expected to reach around 70 cars for the 2008 season. This is a consequence of growing grids in the Euro Series and the British and Japanese Championships plus the fact that the Italian and Spanish Championships will allow new cars in their series next year. In the past week deliveries of cars has already started so as to allow teams to commence off season testing.
We have strived to build a car that will up hold the values of the Dallara brand, in that it will be highly competitive on track, incorporate the latest safety features and have the highest levels of build quality. The car is the result of significant effort and investment in research and development as we know this is the only way to maintain our position at the forefront of this highly competitive and challenging formula.
Technical OverviewWe have concentrated our efforts in the areas that offer the most potential for increased lap time, namely the aerodynamics, but also there have been some important evolutions in the mechanical components of the car
The list of major changes:
· Completely new bodywork wîth important evolutions regarding the general shape and improvements of even the smallest add-on parts. Supported by an in depth CFD development programme and an ever increasing number of wind tunnel hours the car has achieved a record level of efficiency despite the addition of the FIA mandated underfloor skid block.
· The new monocoque is reduced in size to the minimum inner dimensions. Further the new monocoque also features improved side-impact protection according revised 2008 regulations.
· There is a choice between a traditional front suspension and a new suspension wîth the push-rod mounted directly to the upright. In the search of reducing any level of understeer this new suspension offers yet another option to improve the car's balance. The extra geometries of this suspension create the best opportunity to fully exploit any type of Formula 3 tyre.
· The front suspension comes as standard in a twin damper configuration and offers the possibility to add a third damper or other element.
· The car comes standard wîth the new Brembo mono-block calipers incorporating Brembo?s latest technology. These entirely new extra stiff callipers improve brake capacity and modularity while residual friction clearly decreased.Source - Dallara
|Mclaren P1™: ‘Designed By Air' Interactive Experience Unleashed|
|• Insight into the groundbreaking aerodynamic technology which has optimised the bodyshape of the McLaren P1™|
• Online interactive experience can be found at designedbyair.com
The key to the performance for the McLaren P1™ is aerodynamics, and a new web experience, entitled 'Designed by Air', is the first of a two part series telling the extraordinary story behind the car's design. The website offers participants a detailed insight as the car is 'born' from raw metallic and ...[Read more...]
|Rembo Introduces 'Brake Facts' For The Izod Indycar Series With Dedicated Website|
|LONG BEACH, Calif., April 19, 2013 – What's the 'toughest' track in the IZOD IndyCar Series? TheBrake Factsthat Brembo, the exclusive supplier of brake systems for the series, introduced today are certain to answer that question and many others. Brembo should know. Beginning this weekend at Long Beach, Brembo Brake Factsfor the IndyCar street and road courses will be available to media on the Monday of each race week, as well as on the dedicated http://indycar.brembo.comwebsite on Frid...[Read more...]|
|McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE SHOWCASES HOW THE McLAREN P1™ HAS BEEN ‘DESIGNED BY AIR'|
|The key to the performance for the McLaren P1™ is aerodynamics, and a new web experience, previewed by the 'Designed by Air' short film, is the first chapter of a two part series telling the extraordinary story behind the design of the McLaren P1™. The experience takes participants on a journey as the car is born from raw metallic and carbon elements and is crafted by airflow. The story evolves to unveil the McLaren P1™ within the wind tunnel highlighting the aerodynamic focus of the car's de...[Read more...]|
|Vicari to Auction 2009 Mustang GT500KR Owned by Carroll Shelby at Oct. Biloxi Event|
|Car enthusiasts will have an opportunity to purchase a rare Mustang personally owned by American automotive legend Carroll Shelby when it goes up for bid at The Vicari Auction Company's 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. Vicari will auction a 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that was delivered to the late Shelby for his home/ranch as CSM #445. The vehicle comes well documented with a copy of the previous title...[Read more...]|
|America's Favorite Sports Cars to Pace Belle Isle Grand Prix|
|•Camaro and Corvette setting sales pace for their segments •Forza Motorsport 4 fans compile 63 million miles in Corvettes and Camaros America's favorite sports cars will lead the return of motorsports to Detroit this weekend, when the Camaro ZL1 paces the Chevrolet Grand-Am 200 at Belle Isle on Saturday, and the Corvette 427 Convertible paces the Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix on Sunday. Both are essentially unchanged production models. 'With Corvette and Camaro, Chevrolet has two of the mos...[Read more...]|
|View more Formula 3 vehicles|
|Other models by Dallara|