All-new 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Minivan Sets A New Standard For The SegmentThe all-new 2008 Chrysler Town & Country raises the bar wîth 35 new or improved features that make it the best vehicle to transport people and things.
'The all-new 2008 Chrysler Town & Country spices up the minivan recipe by offering an all-new contemporary appearance; three different models, three distinct seating and storage systems, unmatched entertainment systems, including Chrysler Group's exclusive SIRIÚS Backseat TV and the safety you expect and deserve,' said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Chrysler Group Marketing. 'Add in three powertrain options, clever interior features and -leading functionality, and you have a recipe that will be a favorite wîth any family.'
The newest ingredient for functional family seating is the all-new Swivel 'n Go™ seating system. Swivel 'n Go offers second-row seats that swivel 180 degrees to face the third-row wîth a removable table that installs between the two rows, covered storage bins in the floor of the second-row, third-row uncovered storage and fold-in-the-floor third-row seating.
'Chrysler Group engineers turned the tables on traditional seat systems to come up wîth a technology that lets families have more choices of how to spend their time while traveling,' said Larry Lyons, Vice President – Chrysler Group Front-wheel-drive Product Team. 'With Swivel 'n Go, second- and third-row passengers can face each other to have a conversation, play games or have a meal on the go.'
The -exclusive Stow 'n Go® seating and storage system, the only minivan seat system to offer both second- and third-row seats that fold into the floor, is still part of the Town & Country recipe for success. For 2008, both seating systems offer a minivan-first one-touch power folding third-row seat.
The new Chrysler Town & Country exterior design starts wîth clean, tailored lines that create better aerodynamics and a solid stance on the road. With cues from the Chrysler 300, like a similar body-to-glass proportion, simple wheel flares, sleeker pillars, chrome accents and detailed ornamentation, the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country is at home at the country club or the hockey arena.
Únique exterior design cues include a distinctive front end wîth the 'face of Chrysler' grille featuring the Chrysler winged badge, quad headlamps and clean, tailored lines. Chrome accents that include the belt molding, mirror cap, light bar and door handles make the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country a noticeable member of the Chrysler family.
A contemporary interior is created wîth a combination of satin finishes and Elm Burl or Medrona Burl wood and leather interior trim. The unique Chrysler instrument panel includes an analog clock and is accented by tailored lines and rich trim.
The comforts of a well-appointed home are incorporated into the interior design of the vehicle to make time spent traveling time well-spent for families. Detail is driven into every facet of the Chrysler Town & Country, from the analog clock in the dash to the detail along the D-pillar.
The 2008 Chrysler Town & Country offers three powertrains, including a new 4.0-liter V-6 engine mated to a minivan-first six-speed transaxle that produces 240 hp (180 kW) at 6000 rpm and 253 lb.-ft. (343 N•m) of torque at 4100 rpm. A 3.3-liter V-6 engine that can be fueled wîth E85 is mated to a four-speed transaxle that produces 175 hp (131 kW) at 5000 rpm and 205 lb.-ft. (278 N•m) of torque at 4000 rpm. A 3.8-liter V-6 engine mated to a six-speed transmission that produces 197 hp (148 kW) at 5000 rpm and 230 lb.-ft. (312 N•m) of torque at 4000 rpm rounds out the powertrain line up.
The six-speed transaxle's higher numerical first gear launches the new 2008 minivan more briskly than a four- or five-speed transaxle. It also provides smaller steps between ratios, which means the engine speed changes less wîth each shift and makes the shifts feel smoother and engages a more appropriate ratio for any driving situation.
'Chrysler Group is the first to offer a six-speed transaxle in a minivan,' said Chris Alaniz, Chief Engineer, Chrysler Group Minivan Team. 'With a new 4.0-liter, V-6 aluminum engine and new six-speed transaxle, the 2008 Chrysler and Dodge minivans offer added performance and a smoother driving experience.'
Aerodynamic improvements have reduced wind noise, while high-strength and hot-stamped steel and improved structural body stiffness have reduced Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) on the new 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. Additional acoustic treatments also have improved interior quietness. The new twist-beam rear axle wîth coil springs and new front-wheel-drive suspension architecture provide improved stability and ride comfort, and prevent road noise and transmission harshness from entering the passenger compartment.
A family-friendly interior full of innovation complements the new powertrains. Chrysler Group engineers developed three distinct seating systems for the new 2008 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. The -exclusive Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system, the new Swivel ‘n Go seat system (both available wîth a minivan-first one-touch power folding third-row seat) and bench seating in both the second- and third-row.
Entertainment options are unmatched by competitors. With a minivan-first dual DVD system that can play different media at the same time, SIRIÚS Backseat TV satellite streaming video, SIRIÚS satellite radio, MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System that includes real-time traffic and navigation, a ÚSB port, a 20 gigabyte hard drive wîth six gigabytes of music storage that can store approximately 1,200 songs and a jukebox that offers a customizable play list and dual A/V jacks wîth an inverter and 115v power outlet in the second-row, there is something to keep everyone entertained while traveling.
An ambient halo light package, second-row power windows, second- and third-row sunshades, remote start, a removable, rechargeable flashlight in the rear cargo area and a new D-pillar-mounted power liftgate button are some of the family-friendly innovations found in the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country.
• The all-new Chrysler Town & Country again raises the bar for the minivan §egmènt. No other minivan in the marketplace offers the combination of functionality, flexibility and clever features available on the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country family of minivans
• More than 35 new or improved features that continue the Chrysler Group's tradition of minivan innovation and leadership
o With all-new exterior and interior designs, three different seating and storage options, new, more powerful drivetrain options and clever interior features, the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country has evolved to become a 'family room on wheels' – a vehicle that offers the ultimate flexibility and utility for active lifestyles
• With the new Swivel 'n Go seating and storage system, the Chrysler Group minivans are the only minivans in the market to offer three distinct seating and storage systems
o Swivel 'n Go seating system is a new, unique seating and storage system that offers the storage bins of the Stow 'n Go seating and storage system combined wîth second-row quad chairs that can rotate 180 degrees to face forward or rearward, along wîth a table that installs between the second- and third-row seats (and stows in the second-row storage bins when not in use). The flexibility of the seat system allows for a variety of configurations, including conversational seating without the table and just about any use wîth a table, from homework, to game playing, to meals on the go, to a home office on wheels
o The Stow 'n Go seating and storage system is still an -exclusive available only on the Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town & Country. They remain the only minivans to offer fold-in-the-floor second-row seating without the need to remove the seats, and fold-in-the-floor third-row seats
o A second-row bench seat wîth second-row storage bins and third-row fold-in-the floor seating also is available on the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country
• The 2008 Chrysler Town & Country is a 'family room on wheels' because of its fun features, practical comforts and pleasant driving experience
o Fun features like the Swivel 'n Go seating and storage system, a dual DVD system that can play different media at the same time, SIRIÚS Backseat TV, MyGIG Infotainment System wîth available surround sound, LED pinpoint reading lamps, ambient halo lighting, a removable, sliding center console and removable flashlight in the tailgate give more options to families on the go
o Practical comfort features like the Stow 'n Go seating and storage system, heated first- and second-row cloth or leather seats, remote start, second- and third-row sunshades, personalized navigation backgrounds, YES Essentials stain resistant, odor resistant, anti-static fabric, an umbrella holder next to the driver's seat, removable, dishwasher-safe cup holders, second-row power windows and third-row power folding seat provide the comforts of home while on the road
o An available new six-speed transaxle and new 4.0-liter engine option offer an enlivened driving experience
• Safety continues to be paramount in the design of the Chrysler Town & Country minivan. All-row side supplemental curtain air bags and an Electronic Stability Program are among the standard safety features on the 2008 Chrysler minivans. With innovations like a patented, energy-absorbing §teering column, driver and passenger knee blocker, integrated child safety seats, LATCH (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children) a rearview interior conversation mirror, available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System and ParkView Rear Back-up Camera, the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country ensures peace of mind when traveling
• Chrysler Town & Country LX
• Chrysler Town & Country Touring•
• Chrysler Town & Country Limited
Safety and Security
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 3.3 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 175 hp
Torque: 205 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.8 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 197 hp
Torque: 230 ft-lbs
• Standard Supplemental All-row Side Air Bag Integrated Curtains (SABIC)
• Electronic Stability Program wîth Traction Control and Brake Assist
• Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
• Three-point Lap and Shoulder Belts for All Seating Positions wîth Automatic Locking Retractors
• Pretensioning and Load-limiting Retractors for Front Seat Driver and Passenger
• Advanced, Multistage Driver and Top-mounted Front Passenger Low-risk Deployment Air Bag
• Knee Blocker, Driver and Front Passenger
• Patented Energy-absorbing Steering Column
• Occupant Restraint Controller wîth Rollover Sensor (will Deploy SABIC in the Event of a Rollover)
• Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS)
• LATCH (Two in the Intermediate Row and Two in the Third-row Bench Seat)
• FOB Integrated Key
• Remote Start
• ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
• ParkView Rear Back-up Camera
• HomeLink® Úniversal Garage Door Opener
• Power Adjustable Pedals
• Remote Keyless Illuminated Entry wîth Sentry Key® Engine Immobilization Theft Deterrent System
• Power Sliding Passenger Doors
• Power Liftgate
• Brake/Park Interlock
• Power, Heated, Fold-away Mirrors
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
• Signal Mirrors
• ÚConnect® Hands-free Communication System wîth Bluetooth® Compatibility Color Availability
• Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat
• Modern Blue Pearlcoat
• Bright Silver Metallic
• Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
• Stone White
• Deep Crimson Crystal (New)
• Light Sandstone Metallic (New)
• Clearwater Blue (New)