|WALKER 'THE LEGEND' EVANS NAMED GRAND MARSHALL FOR 6TH ANNUAL NORRA MEXICAN 1000|
| ||(Agua Dulce, Calif.): In celebration of his contributions to the sport of Baja off-road racing and his continuing support of the 'Happiest Race on Earth,' NORRA today announced that Walker Evans will be honored as Grand Marshall for the 2015 General Tire NORRA Mexican 1000 rally.
Scheduled for April 25-29, this unique off-road event will cover 1,300 miles over four days (five days for the motorcycles) beginning in Ensenada, Baja, Mexico before finishing in the world-class resort dest...[Read more...]|
|THE FIAT BRAND TO BRING A SPLASH OF COLOR TO LA AUTO SHOW; ARTIST TO PAINT ITALIAN MASTERPIECE INSIDE FIAT 500L|
| ||• An iconic canvas fit for a masterpiece – Italian artist Nicola Verlato to paint the ceiling of a Fiat 500L on showroom floor during LA Auto Show |
• 'Fiat 500L Italian Masterpiece' to pay homage to Renaissance period's Michelangelo; Artist will lie on his back to paint inside vehicle
• Painting to take place over six days (Wed., Nov. 20 - Mon., Nov. 25) LIVE on showroom floor
• Time-lapsed video will showcase Verlato's daily progress, beginning Nov. 21
|RICHARD PETTY DEDICATES MUSCLE CARS FOREVER STAMPS|
|Raw power gets a stamp of its own today as seven-time NASCAR National Champion Richard Petty helps dedicate the America on the Move: Muscle Cars Forever stamps.
Petty, his son Kyle and Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe will dedicate the limited-edition stamps at the Daytona International Speedway where 'The King' won a record seven Daytona 500 Championships.
Typically equipped with big, powerful engines, these high-performance vehicles began roaring across America in the 1960s. The limite...[Read more...]|
|Unique Mystery Mustang Headlines Amelia's Unique WWTT* Class|
|'The Amelia's' *WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Class is much more than a place for what some might label weird, odd or strange. The class, with a philosophy unique to 'The Amelia', is a place for significant and interesting cars that fit no class, category or commercial orthodoxy. Nearly half a century later, we still don't know what Ford was planning when they commissioned the creation of Bill and Chris Snyder's 1964 ½ 'shorty' Mustang. We do know that they created one man's dream car. We just...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Posts a Spectacular $95 Million in Monterey|
|• RM Auctions generates more than $95.7* million in sales, with a strong 89 percent of all lots sold, at its celebrated Monterey, California sale
• 20 cars achieve over $1 million, five of which exceed the $5 million mark
• Two-day sale establishes numerous new auction records, including a new world record for the most expensive American automobile ever sold at auction
• Top-sellers: 1968 Ford GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing Car achieves $11,000,000; 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Sp...[Read more...]|