|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|Thomas Scott Collection of Classic American Automobiles to be On Offer at No Reserve at Russo and Steele's 2015 Monterey Collector Automobile Auction Event|
Scottsdale, Arizona (July 18th, 2015) – Thomas Scott is an accountant and entrepreneur from Athens, Georgia who has had a love for all things automotive for as long as he can remember. He possesses a lifetime of passion for buying, selling and working on classic American cars.
'I started out with the muscle cars — the Mopars, the Cobra Jet Mustang, the Chevelle,' Scott says. 'Those are cars that everybody recognizes — they're widely popular and very tradeable.' However, as S...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Readies for Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend|
|• A Spring tradition, Auctions America's popular Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend returns May 7 – 9 to Indiana's Auburn Auction Park
• Multi-day auction lifts gavel on diverse roster of some 500 quality vehicles
• Sale highlights include an immaculate 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Hardtop; an extremely rare 2006 Ford GTX1 TT 'Spyder'; and the Preston Evans Motorcycle Collection
• Weekend also features a car corral and swap meet, along with the return of the AACA Special National Spring Me...[Read more...]|
|'Carl Benz – A life dedicated to cars': Automotive history in comic-book form|
|'Carl Benz – A life dedicated to cars' is the title of the very first comic book that tells in colourful images how the car was invented. It is also providing an insight into the fascinating life of its creator, Carl Benz. The comic book, by Belgian artist Willy Harold Williamson and author Martin Grünewald, is published by Sadifa Media and will be available from 9 February 2013 in the Mercedes-Benz Museum shop.
'There can be few more entertaining ways of conveying the stories both of the au...[Read more...]|
|Mercedes-Benz Classic: Topics for 2013|
|The main topics:
• The tradition of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class
• Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows in the 1930s
• Originals – authentic vehicles tell authentic stories
• Classic vehicles kept in perfect condition with Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
75 years ago – on 28 January 1938: With a flying start, Rudolf Caracciola achieved a speed of 432.7 km/h over one kilometre on the Frankfurt–Darmstadt motorway. This is the highest speed ever ach...[Read more...]|