1958 Toyota Toyopet Crown news, pictures, and information
Chassis Num: 8-RS-63507L
Engine Num: R 171816
- The Toyopet Crown was the first passenger car sold by Toyota in the US
- It was the first Japanese automobile to be exported to the American mainland.
- The First Toyopet vehicle was registered in the U.S. after modifications were made to the head lights, tail lights, turn signals, and mirrors to comply with California law.
- 1958 Toyopet Crown sales totaled 287.
- The early Toyopets were underpowered for high-speed freeway travel
- Due to deficiencies of the Toyopet Crown for the American market, Toyota set about developing a car more suitable for the U.S. market, which resulted in the production ofhte highly successful 1965 Corona.
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 1958|
|Alfa Romeo 2000|
|Aston Martin DB4|
|Aston Martin DB4 GT|
|Ferrari 250 GT|
|Ferrari 250 GT California|
|Ferrari 250 GT Drogo|
|Ferrari 250 GT Ellena|
|Ferrari 250 GT Speciale|
|Ferrari 250 GT TdF|
|Similarly Priced Vehicles from 1958|
|Chevrolet Biscayne Series ($2,250-$2,790)|
|Other models by Toyota|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|31st Annual Ault Park Concours d'Elegance|
Land Cruiser 40 Series
Land Cruiser 70
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.