1961 Toyota FJ25 Land Cruiser news, pictures, and information
The 1961 Land Cruiser had a 237.3 cubic-inch 6-cylinder 135 horsepower engine with a three-speed transmission. These multi-purpose vehicles offered short and long base vehicles with rear seats that folded for more cargo space. They had superb driving stability, powerful brakes and sturdy axles.
'Power-economy-durability' was the advertising slogan in 1961. Between 1961 and 1965 the Land Cruiser was the best selling Toyota model in the United States.
- The Land Cruiser, introduced in 1958, was one of the first models sold by Toyota Motor Sales, USA Inc. A total of 249 vehicles were sold in 1961.
- The Land Cruiser (then called the 'Model BJ') was first tested in 1951, climbing the sixth station of Mt. Fuji - the first motor vehicle to accomplish this drive.
- This model was also available with a canvas top.
- The Land Cruiser is the only model that has been sold every year since Toyota has been in the United States.
- The Land Cruiser was the best-selling Toyota in the U.S. between 1961 and 1965.
|FORD PLANS TO RESTRUCTURE EUROPEAN MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS|
|•Ford starts consultation process in Belgium on plan to close its Genk Plant and to cease vehicle production by the end of 2014 •The plan, pending the outcome of the consultation process, could result in the transfer of the next-generation Ford Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy to Ford's Valencia Plant in Spain •Pending further study, production of the C-MAX and Grand C-MAX compact multi-purpose vehicles could move from Valencia to Saarlouis, Germany, in 2014 under the proposed plan. •Company to ...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 1961|
|Alfa Romeo 2000|
|Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider|
|Alvis TD21 Series I|
|Aston Martin DB4 GT Touring|
|Aston Martin DB4 Series II|
|Ferrari 250 GT|
|Ferrari 250 GTE|
|Jaguar E-Type Semi-Lightweight|
|Jaguar E-Type Series 1|
|Similarly Priced Vehicles from 1961|
|Austin-Healey 3000 ($3,050-$3,375)|
|Ford Station Wagon Country ($2,660-$3,125)|
|Pontiac Hardtop-Series 25 ($2,970-$3,050)|
|Other models by Toyota|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|31st Annual Ault Park Concours d'Elegance|
Land Cruiser 40 Series
Land Cruiser 70