|2008 Fusion Hydrogen 999 Land Speed Record||2010 Fusion Hybrid||2010 Fusion|
2009 Ford Fusion news, pictures, and information
2009 FORD FUSION RAISES STAKES, OFFERING MORE STANDARD FEATURES, NEW APPEARANCE PACKAGE• Added extras: 2009 Ford Fusion adds new standard features, including ambient lighting, SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio, a five-speed automatic transmission and traction control, depending on series.
• Increased safety: AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control now available as optional equipment.
Stylish additions: New Blue Suede Package includes choice of four exterior colors, charcoal black interior trim wîth blue suede accents and 18-inch wheels.
In the hotly contested mid-size car market, the Ford Fusion stands out for its distinctive design, award-winning quality, impressive list of safety features, state-of-the-art technologies and §egmènt-leading value. For the 2009 model, Ford has enhanced the value and appeal of the Fusion wîth more standard equipment and new options - as it has every year since its launch.
For 2009, ambient lighting, Sirius® Satellite Radio, a five-speed automatic transmission and traction control join Fusion's lengthy list of standard features. A new, optional Blue Suede Package adds even more flair to Fusion's unique personality, and available AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control enhances the car's performance and safety.
More Standard Features = More Value
New standard equipment also includes a five-speed automatic transmission for I-4 SEL models and traction control on V-6-equipped Fusions.
Also standard on SEL models is ambient lighting, which allows drives to personalize Fusion's interior wîth one of seven colors - blue, red, violet, orange, indigo, green and yellow. Colors can be changed at any time to accent lighting inside the cupholders and in the front and rear foot wells. SIRIÚS® Satellite Radio, also standard on SEL, allows more choices for entertainment.
For enhanced handling and performance, Fusion now offers optional AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control. AdvanceTrac uses sensors to detect and measure oversteer and understeer by monitoring the vehicle's §teering wheel angle versus actual yaw. When the system senses wheel side slip - the difference between the driver's intended and the actual path - engine torque is reduced and braking is applied at individual wheels to help keep the car tracking safely on its intended path.
Blue Suede Package Adds Personality
For 2009, Ford offers customers a new Blue Suede Package. Available as an option on front-wheel-drive SE and SEL models, the package consists of:
• Exterior metallic paint colors: Dark Ink Blue, Brilliant Silver, Sport Blue and Tuxedo Black
• Charcoal Black interior trim
• Alcantara® suede seat insert in blue
• Charcoal Black leather-trimmed side bolsters wîth blue stitching
• Alcantara® blue suede-colored door panel trim insert
• Blue stitching on leather-wrapped §teering wheel and on center floor console armrest
• Instrument panel, center stack and interior door panel appliqués
• Ambient Lighting added on SE models
• 18-inch painted aluminum wheels
• P225/45R-18 A/S BSW tires
For 2009, Fusion also offers a Sport Appearance Package that pairs a Charcoal Grey interior wîth cloth seats (optional leather) and two new exterior colors - Vapor Silver and White Suede.
Fusion offers a choice of Ford's 2.3-liter, Duratec 23 inline 4-cylinder or 3.0-liter, Duratec 30 V-6 engine.
Both feature aluminum construction, dual-overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, intake variable cam timing and electronic throttle control to deliver smooth, spirited performance along wîth good fuel economy and emissions ratings.
The 4-cylinder engine delivers 160 hp and can be paired wîth a five-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) The latter is standard equipment wîth I-4 SEL. When mated to the automatic transmission, the Duratec 23 is rated as a Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) in states adopting California emission standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
For added performance, step up to the 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter V-6, which is mated to an advanced six-speed-automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) Fusion was the first car in its class to offer such a sophisticated automatic.
Fully independent front- and rear-suspension systems give Fusion smooth, confident handling in both front- and all-wheel drive configurations. Standard ABS provides even more peace of mind for drivers.
Available all-wheel drive - a feature Fusion introduced to the mid-size sedan §egmènt - contributes to responsive handling for improved driver confidence.
Safety and Security
Fusion offers impressive safety for drivers and passengers, wîth top crash test ratings in both front- and side-impact testing from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in 2007 as well as a lengthy list of safety features.
In addition to traction control and ABS, standard safety features include:
• Six Standard Air Bags and Ford's Personal Safety System®: Safety features include six air bags (dual-stage driver and front-passenger air bags, thorax side air bags for front-seat occupants and side-impact air curtains), safety belt pretensioners, seat weight-sensing system for the passenger seat and crash-severity sensing.
• BeltMinder™ : BeltMinder® is a Ford technology that takes over after the initial safety belt reminder stops chiming.
If the driver remains unbuckled, the system chimes and flashes a warning lamp for six seconds every 30 seconds for five minutes or until the driver buckles up, whichever comes first.
• LATCH: The Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren system provides convenient mounting points for compatible child seats.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This system warns a driver if one or more tires are underinflated. An active pressure sensor wîth a radio transmitter is mounted inside each tire. A receiver in the vehicle monitors each transmitter, and if tire pressure is not within specific limits, it will activate a visual warning light.
Fusion's Reverse Sensing System aids rear parking maneuvers. The system emits a tone that increases in frequency and intensity when it detects close proximity to an object at the rear of the vehicle.
Fusion offers cutting-edge technology to keep customers connected to the information they want and the entertainment they desire:
• Ford SYNC™: SYNC is Ford's -exclusive, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system. Standard on SEL series, this system fully integrates mobile phones and most media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and ÚSB connectivity.
• Voice-activated Navigation: Fusion's available navigation system is voice-activated for more convenient hands-free operation.
• MP3 Audio Input Jack. For consumers who do not choose the optional SYNC system, an audio input jack is standard, allowing for audio input from any MP3 player.
The Ford Fusion, available in S, SE and SEL series, is built at Ford's Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly Plant in Mexico.
|ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS|
|◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models ◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) providing comfortable accommodations for five passengers ◾Large: a Fiat 500 designed on the new 'small-wide' vehicle architecture for 27 inches more length, plus six inches more ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|READER'S DIGEST NAMES KIA SOUL 'BEST CAR DEAL UNDER $15,000'|
|•Soul combines out-of-the-box design, quality, safety and technology features with a low cost of ownership •Reader's Digest accolade adds to Soul's long list of awards IRVINE, Calif., March 7, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) has been one of the fastest-growing car companies in the United States over the last five years1, and its top-selling urban passenger vehicle, the Soul, adds another award to the collection after being named one of the 'Best Car Deals Under $15,000' by Reader's ...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2009|
|Alfa Romeo 159|
|Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent|
|Alfa Romeo Brera S|
|BMW 3 Series|
|Other models by Ford|
|2008 Fusion Hydrogen 999 Land Speed Record||2010 Fusion Hybrid||2010 Fusion|