|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Class Previews|
|Here is a little preview of two of our special classes for St. John's upcoming show.
Featured Designer: Virgil Exner
The 2014 Concours d'Elegance of America will honor the work of famed chief designer Virgil Exner with an unprecedented display of Chrysler Corporation's 1955-1961 'Forward Look,' a daring two-pronged styling revolution that changed the look of the American car.
First up were the 'jet-age'1955 Plymouths, Dodges, DeSotos, Chryslers and Imperials. Then came the 1957 m...[Read more...]|
|The ‘Quadrifoglio Verde' is back on Giulietta and MiTo|
|The legendary 'Quadrifoglio Verde' that has identified the top performing cars by Alfa Romeo since 1923 is back on the new versions
• Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with a new 'Quadrifoglio Verde'
• True expression of Alfa Romeo's DNA, this car marks the debut of the new 240 HP 1750 Turbo Petrol engine with all-aluminium direct injection
• State-of-the-art 'Alfa TCT' 6-speed twin dry clutch transmission
• It's the same engine/transmission as the Alfa Romeo 4C supercar
• Giuliet...[Read more...]|
|RARE REUNION: CHRYSLER CONCEPT CARS GATHER AT AMELIA, 2014|
|Nine rare and important Chrysler Concept Cars from the forties, fifties and sixties will be presented together for the first time at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on March 9, 2014.
From the two-seat Chrysler Thunderbolt roadster and the dual-cowl Chrysler Newport of 1941 through the radical 1963 Chrysler Turbine car, Amelia's Chrysler Concept Car Class shows the genesis of the styling and engineering philosophy that summoned Chrysler's industry-changing 'Forward Look...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Joe Bortz to Host Historic Dream Car Discussion Panel|
|Dream car collector and historian Joe Bortz has prepared a special treat for participants at the 40th Annual Pontiac-Oakland Club International Convention in St. Charles Illinois, this coming July 17-21. In addition to bringing his four historic Pontiac Dream Cars, he has also assembled a panel, conisisting of two noted designers, a retired engineer and two veteran authors to examine the topic of Pontiac's early concept vehicles. The panel discussion will be held on Friday, July 20th at 1...[Read more...]|