|THE 20TH ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURS HONORS THE ORIGINAL 'ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE', BMW's IMMORTAL 328|
| ' . . . a long legged proper sports car.' Sir Stirling Moss
The 20th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will showcase the legend and legacy of the car that set BMW on its path to become known as the 'ultimate driving machine'.
Experts, enthusiasts and fans of the Bavarian marque consider the BMW 328 the first sports car worthy of the title.
Eight decades ago BMW responded to a national call that Germany should build not only the world's fastest and greatest ...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Readies for Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend|
|• A Spring tradition, Auctions America's popular Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend returns May 7 – 9 to Indiana's Auburn Auction Park
• Multi-day auction lifts gavel on diverse roster of some 500 quality vehicles
• Sale highlights include an immaculate 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Hardtop; an extremely rare 2006 Ford GTX1 TT 'Spyder'; and the Preston Evans Motorcycle Collection
• Weekend also features a car corral and swap meet, along with the return of the AACA Special National Spring Me...[Read more...]|
|120 years of motor sport at Mercedes-Benz take centre stage at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014|
|'Addicted to Winning': at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed, Mercedes-Benz looks back on some fascinating racing victories of the last 120 years
•The unique motor sport heritage of the Mercedes-Benz brand is being celebrated with an exclusive installation by sculptor Gerry Judah
•Mercedes-Benz and Gran Turismo®6 jointly celebrate '120 years of motor sport'
Stuttgart. – The thrilling victories of the Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows mark the peaks of the history of motor sport for...[Read more...]|
|THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.com
|Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013: auction of Mercedes-Benz W 196 R one of highlights at world's 'largest motorised garden party'|
|• Mercedes-Benz Classic presents great moments in motor-racing history at Goodwood
• Motorsport festival celebrating its 20th anniversary
• Auction of only privately owned post-war Silver Arrow by Bonhams sure to cause a stir
Stuttgart – This year's Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England, includes the auction of a Mercedes-Benz Type W 196 R Grand Prix racing car on 12 July 2013. The auction will be one of the highlights of a weekend dedicated to motor sport. Mercedes-Benz...[Read more...]|
|Mercedes-Benz Classic at the 2012 Grossglockner Grand Prix|
|• Revival of the mountain race from the 1930s
• Mercedes-Benz SSK and W 125 at the start
• 92 bends, 14 hairpins, 15 kilometres and a 1300-metre altitude difference
The Grossglockner mountain race was one of the most prestigious motor sports events of the 1930s. This year it will be revived with the 2012 Grossglockner Grand Prix to be held from 20 to 22 September 2012 and Mercedes-Benz will be there with some famous cars. In 1938, the brand took part for the first time.
As a classic c...[Read more...]|