|THE 20TH ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURS HONORS THE ORIGINAL 'ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE', BMW's IMMORTAL 328|
| ' . . . a long legged proper sports car.' Sir Stirling Moss
The 20th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will showcase the legend and legacy of the car that set BMW on its path to become known as the 'ultimate driving machine'.
Experts, enthusiasts and fans of the Bavarian marque consider the BMW 328 the first sports car worthy of the title.
Eight decades ago BMW responded to a national call that Germany should build not only the world's fastest and greatest ...[Read more...]|
|Fearsome and Solidly Original 1971 Hemi Challenger a Feature at Russo and Steele's Scottsdale Auction Event|
|Scottsdale, Arizona (January 3rd, 2017) – The Chrysler E-bodies might have been the last to enter Detroit's pony car game. Though critics argue that the best were saved for last with these cars, making their introduction more than five years after the first Mustang was released. Using a formula similar to Ford and Chevrolet, the Challenger was based on a stretched, compact Dart platform, making the car an immediate sales success. The White Hat Boys at Dodge positioned the car as part of t...[Read more...]|
|THREE TIMES FOUR: RM SOTHEBY'S BRINGS ASTON MARTIN TRINITY TO LONDON SALE WITH DB4GT, DB4 CONVERTIBLE AND DB4 SERIES II COUPÉ|
|• RM Sotheby's assembles 'holy trifecta' of DB4s for its 10th anniversary London sale, 7 September at Battersea Evolution
• Trio led by original one-of-75 DB4GT, immaculate concours-standard Series V Convertible, and desirable left-hand-drive Series II Coupé
• Aston Martin fans also catered for with classic 1953 DB2 Vantage and desirable 2009 DBS Volante
• RM's Battersea sale the official auction of the UK's prestigious Concours of Elegance
• Further information and frequently updated list...[Read more...]|
|AUCTIONS AMERICA KICKS OFF ITS 2016 SEASON WITH $20 MILLION IN SALES AND 40 PERCENT NEW BIDDERS AT FORT LAUDERDALE|
|• Auctions America's 14th annual Fort Lauderdale collector car auction generates $20 million in sales
• Diverse top-sellers list led by 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona at $649,000
• Rare American muscle and desirable Mercedes-Benzes attract significant interest and strong prices
• 1964 Ford Falcon Futura Restomod raises $25,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
• Complete results available at www.auctionsamerica.com
• Auctions America continues its 2016 calendar with Auburn Spri...[Read more...]|
|1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Spyder Epitomizes The Elegance at Hershey|
|HERSHEY, PA - The theme for this year's Elegance at Hershey is Celebration of Speed. After deciding upon the overall theme, 'One of the first decisions we made was to choose an automobile that epitomized that concept,' stated Steve Moskowitz, Elegance Vice Chairman. After much deliberation, it was concluded that the logical choice would be the Alfa Romeo Touring Spyder.
A call was made to Mr. Oscar Davis of Elizabeth, NJ - the owner of a number of fabulous classic automobiles. Last ye...[Read more...]|
|THE McLAREN 675LT: POWER. A BEAUTIFUL THING|
|◾Light weight, optimised aerodynamics, increased power, track-focused dynamics and driver engagement – all characteristics of a McLaren 'Longtail'
◾0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds; 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in 7.9 seconds; top speed of 330km/h (205 mph)
◾100kg weight saving makes the 675LT the lightest in its class, and gives a power-to-weight ratio of 549PS per tonne
◾Stripped out, driver focused interior hints at the performance of the most track-focused, yet road legal, McLaren series produc...[Read more...]|