|2008 Nitro||2010 Nitro||2010 Nitro Detonator|
2009 Dodge Nitro news, pictures, and information
2009 Dodge Nitro Offers Space, Functionality and Flexibility in Mid-size SUV SegmentSince its introduction in 2007, the Dodge Nitro has ignited the mid-size sport-utility (SÚV) §egmènt wîth its bold, aggressive styling and performance to match. It offers all the mid-size SÚV must-haves: space, functionality and flexibility. Nitro's fold-flat first-row passenger seat and second-row seats offer a variety of loading options. The Load 'N Go™ cargo floor slides 18 inches rearward for easy loading and unloading and holds as much as 400 pounds. Combined wîth its spacious five-passenger interior, these features give the 2009 Dodge Nitro distinctive style, sporty performance and cargo flexibility.
The Dodge Nitro is the first mid-size SÚV for the Dodge brand and complements its lineup of cars, minivans, trucks, commercial vehicles and a full-size SÚV.
Chassis improvements for 2009 Dodge Nitro include stiffer rear axle shafts, retuned springs, shocks, anti-roll bars and §teering gear valve. These enhancements provide a more precise, linear feel and improve §teering and handling. Additional improvements to brake pedal feel are achieved through a retuned booster, low rollback calipers and a revised brake pedal ratio.
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2009
• Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat replaces Modern Blue Pearl Coat
• Floor mats standard on all models
• Standard Auto Únlock at exit
• Rear dome lamp standard on all models
• Remote express-open front windows standard on SLT and R/T models
Powertrain / Chassis:
• Standard automatic transmission
• Retuned muffler on 4.0L V-6 engine
• Stiffer rear axle shafts for more precise, linear vehicle handling
• Retuned springs, shocks, anti-roll bars, §teering gear valve and stiffer rear axles improve §teering and handling
• Retuned booster, low rollback calipers and revised brake pedal ratio improve brake pedal feel
• uconnect gps (which includes auto-dimming rearview mirror wîth microphone, SIRIÚS Satellite Radio and uconnect phone)
• Rear DVD Entertainment System (which includes gaming system and wireless headphones)
• Trailer Tow Group (which includes heavy-duty engine cooling, power §teering cooler, Class III receiver hitch, four-pin connector wiring and full-size spare tire)
• Premium Sound Group (which includes Infinity® speakers and subwoofer plus 6-disc CD radio)
• Convenience Group (which includes ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System, Remote Start and uconnect phone)
• SE Sun and Wheel Group (which includes sun roof and 17-inch polished chrome wheels)
• SLT Sun and Wheel Group (which includes sun roof, 20-inch chrome clad wheels and performance suspension)
To achieve a distinctive, bold appearance unlike anything in its §egmènt, Dodge Nitro designers incorporated design elements and themes that are strong and confident. These characteristics proportion the vehicle like no other in its class. The result is the unmistakable Dodge Nitro wîth its purposeful, capable and assertive stance. There are three models – Dodge Nitro SE, Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T.
Basic to every Dodge vehicle is the bold crosshair grille, which is just one of many design elements that define the cool persona and tough attitude of Dodge Nitro. The grille is emblazoned wîth a hefty three-dimensional ram's head. Jewel-like rectangular headlamps prominently wrap the corners of the vehicle, and a clamshell hood wîth strong character lines completes the front end.
The side of the vehicle features a deep body section and high beltline, which add to the vehicle's confident appearance. Chrome vents positioned on each front fender complement the vehicle's modern design and contemporary flair. Short front and rear overhangs, not typical of a mid-size SÚV, contribute to the vehicle's forceful expression. Wheels pushed to the corners, wîth powerful-lòòking wheel arches, convey Nitro's confident stance. Twenty-inch, chrome-clad aluminum wheels and tires are standard on the Dodge Nitro R/T and optional on the Dodge Nitro SLT.
The interior of the five-passenger Dodge Nitro is spacious, functional and flexible. The headliner allows maximum head room, and there is plenty of leg room for first- and second-row passengers.
The Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T have chrome details on the §teering wheel, instrument cluster, center console, HVAC controls and door handles. The gear shifter and control buttons are substantial in size and bold by design.
The Dodge Nitro has a fold-flat front passenger seat, as well as fold-flat second-row seats. Second-row seats also recline for added passenger comfort. The standard Load 'N Go™ cargo floor on the Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T slides 18 inches rearward for easy and convenient loading and unloading of packages. The Load 'N Go cargo floor can hold 400 pounds and is made of a heavy-duty plastic for easy cleaning. A reversible load floor is standard on the Dodge Nitro SE models and a compact utility table is optional.
Chassis improvements for 2009 Dodge Nitro include stiffer rear axle shafts, retuned springs, shocks, anti-roll bars and §teering gear valve. These enhancements provide a more precise, linear feel when driving and improve §teering and handling. Additional improvements to brake pedal feel are achieved through a retuned booster, low rollback calipers and a revised brake pedal ratio.
Two Powerful Engines:
3.7-liter SOHC V-6
The 3.7-liter SOHC standard V-6 engine on the 2009 Dodge Nitro SE and SLT models is efficient, durable and smooth. It produces 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm. Refinements in the valve train and combustion chamber enhance low-speed torque, while providing a smooth idle and minimal engine noise. A sophisticated electronic throttle control system tailors throttle response to pedal movement based on operating conditions and maintains a consistent vehicle speed on rolling grades when cruise control is active. There is also an exhaust gas recirculation valve on the engine that helps increase fuel economy.
4.0-liter SOHC V-6
|Engine : 3.7 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 210 hp
Torque: 235 ft-lbs
Engine : 4.0 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 260 hp
Torque: 265 ft-lbs
4-speed Automatic, 5-speed Automatic
For key diesel markets outside North America, the Dodge Nitro is offered wîth a diesel engine.
Two Suspension Systems
The 2009 Dodge Nitro features a coil-spring independent front suspension and a five-link, coil-spring rear suspension. The independent front suspension gives the driver an optimum combination of ride, handling and §teering, providing a greater sense of control and precision. The solid five-link rear suspension, including upper and lower trailing links and track bar, provides higher lateral stiffness for vehicle responsiveness and outstanding handling. Ample suspension wheel travel maintains consistent ride quality, especially when the vehicle is loaded or towing a trailer.
Dodge Nitro SE features a sport suspension that delivers responsive handling wîth a comfortable ride. This tuning offers a strong balance between ride comfort and nimble, confidence-inspiring handling. The sport suspension is designed to appeal to a cross section of buyers lòòking for comfort and solid on-road performance.
A performance suspension is offered on the Dodge Nitro SLT and R/T models. This suspension emphasizes responsive, fun-to-drive handling accompanied by a firm ride. This system features a revised sway bar, springs, shocks, bushings and 20-inch tires and wheels for improved cornering and increased traction.
The effort, feel and response on the Dodge Nitro's rack-and-pinion §teering system are tuned for each available suspension and give the driver precise control and positive feedback from the §teering force exerted by the tires. The §teering linkage design allows for a tighter turning circle.
Choice of Two Transmissions
Two transmissions are offered on the Dodge Nitro: a four-speed automatic and a five-speed automatic.
Part-time Four-wheel Drive
The Dodge Nitro features a part-time four-wheel-drive system. Two-wheel- and four-wheel-drive modes are electronically controlled by a switch in the center console, which can be selected at any time wîth the part-time four-wheel drive system.
Exceptional Braking Capability
Four-wheel-disc, anti-lock brakes (ABS) are standard on the Dodge Nitro. The vehicle's larger rotors contribute to excellent stopping and handling capability. All-speed traction control is standard on the Dodge Nitro and is engineered to transfer torque from one wheel to another on the same axle when wheel slip conditions are detected.
Also standard on the Dodge Nitro is an Electronic Stability Program (ESP), which helps the driver maintain vehicle directional stability in severe maneuvers on any type of surface. Úsing signals from sensors throughout the vehicle, ESP determines the appropriate brake and throttle adjustments.
• The Dodge Nitro's bold, powerful, street-smart design statement has ignited the mid-size SÚV §egmènt, which is typically characterized by conservative styling
Dodge Nitro's design is unlike any mid-size SÚV on the road today. The Dodge Nitro's bold styling and aggressive stance are what make the vehicle stand out in a crowd
• Signature Dodge crosshair grille, deep body section, high beltline and strong wheel forms add to the vehicle's confidence
• It has attitude
• Dodge Nitro is the first mid-size SÚV for Dodge and complements the brand's lineup of passenger cars, minivans, trucks, commercial vehicles and a full-size SÚV
• As the first mid-size SÚV for the brand, Dodge Nitro personifies the bold, powerful and street-smart attitude of Dodge
• The Dodge Nitro continues the brand's history of creating game-changing products and features
• The five-passenger Dodge Nitro is designed to attract a customer seeking distinctive style, sporty performance and cargo flexibility
• The interior of the five-passenger Dodge Nitro is spacious, functional and flexible for people and cargo
• The Dodge Nitro has innovative cargo seating flexibility and seats five passengers comfortably. The vehicle offers fold-flat front-passenger and second-row seats. Second-row seats recline for added passenger comfort
• Dodge Nitro offers two cargo floors – a reversible load floor standard on Dodge Nitro SE and Load 'N Go™ cargo floor standard on Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T
• The Dodge Nitro offers three models – Nitro SE, Nitro SLT and Nitro R/T
• The Dodge Nitro R/T's 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 engine, performance suspension and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels and performance tires redefine the mid-size SÚV driving experience
• Options include Remote Start, ParkSense,® uconnect gps (which includes a 30-gigabyte hard drive for storing as many as 6,700 MP3, AAC or WMA compressed format songs and JPEG photos onto the hard drive, navigation and real-time traffic. In addition, movies can be displayed on the screen for entertaining passengers when the vehicle is in Park. The system also includes an integrated voice recognition system and touch screen for easy operation, premium speakers and a subwoofer)
• Excellent acceleration, braking and handling
The 2009 Dodge Nitro features a performance suspension for improved cornering and increased traction and an independent front and five-link rear suspension system
• All-speed traction control is standard
• Two V-6 engines are offered:
o 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (360 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm
o 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. (359 N•m) of torque @ 4,200 rpm
• Standard safety and security features include Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM) and side-curtain air bags
Dodge Nitro is designed to expand the Dodge brand's presence in international markets
• The Dodge brand is expanding to Europe and volume markets overseas, and the Dodge Nitro is part of that expansion
• The vehicle is available in markets outside North America in left-hand and in right-hand drive applications
• The Dodge Nitro's front fascia, rear fascia, taillamps and headlamps are designed to meet international requirements
• The Dodge Nitro is offered wîth a diesel engine in key diesel markets outside North America
Source - Dodge
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|New Holden VF Commodore Range: Looks to Turn Heads, Prices That Change Minds|
|• Commodore makes cutting-edge technology an every-day luxury • Auto Park Assist, MyLink with Siri Eyes Free* and rear view camera standard • Simplified pricing, added features and value to reward and win new customers • New Evoke nameplate kick-starts the range Holden has significantly increased the value of Commodore with new features and reduced recommended retail prices across the VF sedan and Sportwagon range by between $5,000 and $9,800. Launching a simplified line-up, Holden has crea...[Read more...]|
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle|
|- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle - Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas - Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler) May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand...[Read more...]|
|2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE LONGHORN NAMED TO WARD'S 10 BEST INTERIORS LIST FOR 2013|
|• For 2013, the Ram 1500's award-winning interior includes material upgrades, all-new interior themes with invigorating colors that speak to the lifestyle of the Ram Truck brand|
• All-new HVAC controls and new multimedia systems enhance the driver experience
• The 2013 Ram 1500 also features an exclusive eight-speed transmission activated with a breakthrough e-shift rotary dial
April 15, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn has been named one ...[Read more...]
|JEEP® AT THE 2013 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW|
|•European premiere of the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee 2014: the most awarded Large SUV ever has been renewed in terms of internal and external design, technological contents and performance thanks to the new eight-speed automatic transmission •European debut for the new Jeep Compass 2014: revised interior and exterior design, new PowerTech six-speed automatic transmission and all-new safety features •European preview of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition: the new special-edition...[Read more...]|
|Toyota FJ Cruiser||($23,320-24,910)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2009|
|Acura NSX RR Concept|
|Aston Martin DB9|
|Aston Martin DB9|
|Audi Q5 Custom Concept|
|Other models by Dodge|
|2008 Nitro||2010 Nitro||2010 Nitro Detonator|