|PRISTINE VOLVO P1800ES SELLS FOR RECORD PRICE AT BONHAMS AUCTION|
|Bonhams Auctioneers has sold a 1973 Volvo P1800ES Sport Wagon for the record sum of 92,400 USD. It was at an auction at the Greenwich Concours d´Elegance in Connecticut, USA that the Swedish classic with just 13,000 miles on the odometer was sold. 'As far as we know, this is a new world record for a classic Volvo', a representative for Bonhams said.
This P1800ES has spent its entire life in Keene, New Hampshire, and been used very little by its three owners, the first of them keeping the car ...[Read more...]|
|THE PINNACLE OF COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS: RM AND SOTHEBY'S OFFER A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions and Sotheby's expertly curated Art of the Automobile sale, November 21, in New York City
• First major collector car auction to be held in Manhattan in over a decade; the sale's catalogue features examples of the upper echelons of design from each era of motoring
• Extraordinary exhibition that showcases all vehicles on offer will be held from November 18–20 on the 10th floor galleries at Sotheby's New York
• Official digital catalogue now availab...[Read more...]|
|2013 LA AUTO SHOW® HOSTS INAUGURAL MPG MOTORING INVITATIONAL PRESENTED BY FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 AND XBOX ONE|
| ||◾Top Collectors and Celebrities to Display More Than 60 Unique Vehicles on November 20
◾More than 60 historic and unique vehicles to be displayed at Gilbert Lindsay Plaza
◾Influential icons, influencers, tastemakers, luminaries, collectors and celebrities to participate
◾The Motor Press Guild will announce its two Innovative Vehicle of the Year Awards at 7:30 AM
◾First-of-its-kind gathering for an international auto show
◾Event replaces the LA Auto Show's traditional opening keynote
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Breaking news from Coys|
|1966 AC Shelby Cobra - Now selling at No Reserve!
Coys are pleased to announce that a 1966 AC Shelby Cobra will now be selling at No Reserve later today at the Autosport International show at the NEC in Birmingham.
Featured on the front cover of Classic & Sportscar magazine in September 2012, this Cobra is beautifully presented in Rangoon Red paintwork with black leather upholstery and hood and tan tonneau and sidescreens, and the car still displays a delightful patina. The 427ci b...[Read more...]|