SCANDINAVIAN LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE CONVERGE IN 2009 9-5 SEDAN AND SPORT COMBINew for 2009
• High-gloss metallic black interior finish on Aero model
• Revised power window switches in center console
• New 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels on Aero models
• New exterior colors: Carbon Grey Metallic, Glass Grey Metallic, Nocturne Blue Metallic replace Titan Grey, Ice Blue and Fusion Blue (all body styles)
The Saab 9-5 Sedan and SportCombi bring Scandinavian-inspired performance and luxury to the competitive midsize sport sedan §egmènt. Available in both 2.3T and Aero models, they feature distinctive, aircraft-inspired design inside and out, in keeping wîth Saab's roots in aviation.
The Saab 9-5 range includes the well-equipped 2.3T Sport Sedan and SportCombi models, as well as the uplevel and sportier Aero Sport Sedan and SportCombi models. All are powered by a 2.3L I-4 Turbo wîth 260 horsepower (194 kW) and 258 lb.-ft. of torque (350 Nm), mated to a five-speed automatic Sentronic transmission or available five-speed manual transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
All Saab 9-5 models are designed for sure-footed driving, thanks to a standard electronic stability program, traction control and anti-lock brakes. For 2009, the 9-5 range gets revised power window switches in the center console and new exterior colors, Carbon Grey Metallic and Glass Grey Metallic. Nocturne Blue Metallic is being reintroduced.
Aero models receive a high-gloss black metallic interior finish and new 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels that complement the sportier look.
Sedan and SportCombi standard equipment
Although the Sedan and SportCombi come wîth unique equipment and appointments, both are equipped wîth the following:
• Leather-appointed sport seating
• Leather-trimmed sport §teering wheel
• Cooled, illuminated and lockable glove compartment
• Power moonroof
• Dual-zone automatic climate control wîth cabin filter
• Eight-way power-adjustable front seats wîth driver's side three-position memory
• Heated front and rear seats
• Power windows wîth express-down in front
• Power-operated and heated exterior mirrors
• 200-Watt Harman-Kardon-tuned audio wîth eight (or nine) speakers
• Six-disc in-dash CD changer (not available wîth optional DVD navigation system)
• XM Satellite Radio (not available wîth optional DVD navigation system)
• Saab Information Display wîth trip computer
• Rear-seat center armrest wîth pass-through ( Sedan)
• Central locking wîth remote
• Anti-theft alarm wîth immobilizer
• Five-year / 100,000-mile powertrain warranty
• Four-year / 50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
• No-charge scheduled maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles.
For Saab drivers who want to make a sportier statement, the 9-5 Aero Sport Sedan and SportCombi feature – in addition to the standard equipment of the 2.3T models – a lower, sport-tuned chassis, 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and leather-appointed sport seats wîth two-tone upholstery.
Available on both the 2.3T and Aero models are a five-speed manual transmission; aerodynamic headlamps wîth Xenon projector beams; premium natural leather or perforated leather-appointed sport seats (ventilated front); power folding and auto-dimming outside mirrors; Saab Parking Assist (SPA) program; DVD-based navigation system wîth trunk-mounted six-disc CD changer.
In keeping wîth Saab's safety heritage, all 9-5 models are equipped wîth the following standard safety-enhancing features:
• Standard OnStar safety and security system
• Electronic stability program
• Tire pressure monitoring system
• Anti-lock brakes
• Traction-control system
• Dual adaptive frontal air bags
• Head/torso side air bags (front seats)
• Three-point safety belts wîth front-seat pretensioners
• Pendulum B-pillar side-impact protection structure
• 'Triple Load Path' safety cage construction, front and rear
• Saab Active Head Restraints (SAHR) for front seats
• LATCH (Lower Anchorages and Top tethers for CHildren)
• Headlamp delay function ('follow-me-home')
• Daytime running lamps
• Theft-deterrent system wîth engine immobilizer
• Passenger Sensing System
OnStar provides post-crash safety and security services, including notifying emergency services personnel in the event of an air bag deployment. OnStar also provides enhanced, hands-free voice recognition capabilities, including more intuitive continuous digit dialing and improved voice recognition accuracy. OnStar is the leading provider of in-vehicle safety, security and information services in the Únited States and Canada. Úsing the GPS satellite network and wireless technology, OnStar features core safety services and OnStar Hands-Free Calling that allows drivers to make and receive voice-activated phone calls using an externally mounted antenna for greater reception.
Following the end of World War II, Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget (SAAB) faced an economic shift from the military-industrial complex to the consumer-based market. Looking to diversify, the primarily military aircraft manufacturer gave 16 aircraft engineers license to create the company's first automobile.
On June 10, 1947, the automotive division of Saab was officially born, wîth the unveiling of the original Saab 92 production prototype to Swedish media. More than 4 million cars later, the spirit of Saab's pioneering engineers lives on in an extensive product lineup that is marketed in more than 50 countries around the globe.
Today, Saab is a division of General Motors Corp. Saab Automobile ÚSA is the importer and/or distributor of the Saab 9-3, 9-5 and the 9-7X SÚV for Saab Automobile AB, Sweden.