|2009 MKZ||2011 MKZ Hybrid||2011 MKZ|
Image credits: © Lincoln.
2010 Lincoln MKZ news, pictures, and information
2010 LINCOLN MKZ BUILDS ON SUCCESS WITH NEW FACE, NEW INTERIOR, MORE FEATURES, QUIETER EXPERIENCE• Expected Lincoln comfort, quality and driving experience paid forward in the 2010 Lincoln MKZ wîth updated design, new features and plusher interior
• New Sport Appearance Package wîth sport-tuned suspension shifts driving experience to the next level, especially wîth optional all-wheel drive. Six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission is standard. Powertrain performance is improved dramatically, wîth 0-60 mph times dropping from 7.7 to 7.1 seconds
• 2010 MKZ joins new MKS and will be followed by MKT full-size luxury crossover next summer, further building on Lincoln's successful portfolio
Customers who have come to equate Lincoln wîth elegant, modern design, unparalleled comfort, unrivaled features and top quality have still more reason to favor the brand: the new 2010 Lincoln MKZ mid-size sedan. (concept carz)
'The new MKZ improves on the success of the current vehicle wîth Lincoln's new signature look, appointments that amplify and expand the Lincoln portfolio and a faster, more refined powertrain,' said Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas.
|Engine : 3.5 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 263 hp
Torque: 249 ft-lbs
The new Lincoln MKZ also offers §egmènt-exclusive features, including first-in-class Blind Spot Information System (BLIS™) wîth Cross Traffic Alert (CTA), which makes navigating traffic and parking lots safer and easier.
BLIS tracks vehicles in the blind-spot zones on either side of the vehicle using two multiple-beam radar modules behind the rear fenders. Indicator lights in the outside rear-view mirror on both sides of the vehicle warn the driver when a vehicle enters the defined blind-spot zone, extending from the side mirror to 10 feet behind the vehicle and 10 feet away from the vehicle.
CTA uses the BLIS radar sensors to alert the driver of approaching traffic while in reverse and backing out of a parking spot. The CTA tracks up to 65 feet on either side of the vehicle and warns the driver through both audible and visual alerts.
In addition to this new technology for mid-size sedans, MKZ offers SYNC, Next-Generation Voice-Activated Navigation, keyless entry, EasyFuel capless fuel filler, THX-branded audio and adaptive HID headlamps.
The new MKZ also features Lincoln signature design elements, including the split-wing grille and thinner wraparound head lamps for a wider, sportier look. Its chamfered front fascia also shares a family resemblance wîth the MKS, wîth a sculpted hood and ridges flowing into the A-pillar. In the rear, the Lincoln MKZ features a new decklid wîth wider LED taillamps accentuating the width of the car and separated by the Lincoln star.
The Lincoln MKZ's presence is enhanced by 17-inch aluminum wheels, available 17-inch chrome wheels, and available 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, which are included in the Sport Appearance Package wîth sport-tuned suspension.
Inside, MKZ's cabin reflects an even more upscale look featuring genuine aluminum and wood depending on the trim package, an all-new instrument panel, detailed touches including new welcome lighting, chimes, tuxedo stitching on luxury leather seats and Bridge of Weir leather.
The world-renowned luxury leather from Scotland, pioneered on the classic Lincoln Continental Mark II and used on the MKS, wraps the MKZ seats. The MKZ leather is unembossed, allowing the natural beauty and character of the grain to shine through.
The leather is milled for up to 12 hours to ensure a buttery soft hand, and Bridge of Weir uses a chromium-free tanning process, which makes it easier to recycle.
'We've increased the luxury feel and improved on what was already a great interior,' said Peter Horbury, executive director of Design, The Americas. 'We have a new interior theme wîth all-new primary touchpoints, complemented by new features and technologies that make the 2010 Lincoln MKZ stand out in the competitive mid-size §egmènt.'
Additions or improvements to the 2010 Lincoln MKZ interior include:
• Armrest clamshell storage
• New daytime lit and 3-dimensional instrument cluster layout wîth center speedometer
• New door trim wîth 360-degree door handles
• Redesigned center stack wîth high-mounted, Next-Generation Navigation system
• Leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth real wood insert
• Interior schemes include Dark Charcoal or Steel Gray wîth Swirl Walnut accents, or Light Camel wîth Olive Ash wood accents
Technology and information at your fingertips
The new Lincoln MKZ is more than just a pretty face and striking new interior. New technology features help Lincoln's new mid-size sedan stand out, too. They include:
• SYNC: The voice-activated hands-free in-car communication and entertainment system developed by Ford and Microsoft. The system fully integrates most Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones and digital media players, providing customers hands-free cell phone and music selection capabilities – plus new 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report provided wîth no monthly fees.
• 911 Assist: When a phone is properly paired, turned on and connected to SYNC, the system is ready to assist in placing a call directly to a local 911 emergency operator in the event of an air bag-deploying accident. The key advantage of SYNC 911 Assist is speed, as calls are placed directly to local 911 operators.
• Vehicle Health Report (VHR): SYNC gathers relevant information from the major vehicle control modules and packages diagnostic data into a usable format in a matter of minutes. That data packet is sent to Ford via an 800-number automatically dialed using the customer's paired and operable mobile phone.
• Voice-Activated Navigation, which integrates several functions including voice recognition destination entry, climate control and SIRIÚS satellite radio into one easy-to-use system, displaying them on an 8-inch touch-screen display. The navigation system's text-to-speech function calls out street names while in route to a destination and reads incoming text messages when the system is linked to SYNC. The integrated DVD player is capable of reading CD-Audio, MP3 CDs, DVD, DVD-Audio and DVD-ROM (for digital map updates). A music jukebox function stores more than 150 hours of music. The screen even can be customized wîth personal photos.
• SIRIÚS Travel Link™, an -leading technology that, when combined wîth the voice-activated navigation system will provide users wîth real-time traffic data wîth accident and incident information, coast-to-coast weather data including current conditions and five-day forecasts, and fuel price information for over 120,000 gas stations.
Travel Link also offers sports scores and schedules and a listing of more than 4,500 movie theaters wîth movie times, theater addresses, movie synopses and more.
• Reverse Camera System mounts a small camera on the decklid that is activated when the Lincoln MKZ is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view behind the vehicle.
• The video image is displayed in the navigation screen on Lincoln MKZs equipped wîth that option or in the self-dimming rearview mirror on vehicles without navigation. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
• Ambient Lighting System is displayed around the footwells, cup holders, door map pockets, door release handles, door and instrument accents and scuff plates – plus special 'Welcome' and 'Farewell' sequential lighting.
• THX II Premium Certified Audio System wîth 5.1 Surround Sound, which is provided by a 12-channel amplifier that delivers 600 watts to 14 strategically placed speakers, including two subwoofers. A center channel speaker array features THX Slot Speaker™ technology, which allows for a wider sound image and better control of how music is distributed throughout the vehicle's acoustically engineered cabin. In addition, the system features a 10 GB hard drive jukebox, allowing Lincoln owners to store up to 2,400 of their favorite music tracks.
Other features for the 2010 Lincoln MKZ include:
• Rain-sensing wipers, which detect moisture on the windshield and activate automatically.
• A new cabin air filter, which removes respiratory irritants and toxins caused by traffic and industrial pollution. Additionally, the air filter protects the HVAC/climate control system by blocking water and moisture.
• Adaptive HID headlamps, which rotate according to speed and §teering inputs to allow greater visibility around turns
• SOS Post Crash Alert, which activates the horn, emergency flashers, automatically unlocks doors and turns on the interior/puddle lamps when an air bag is deployed. The system activates the emergency flashers when a spinout is detected.
Faster engine performance, strong fuel economy
The award-winning 3.5-liter V-6 Duratec engine powers the 2010 Lincoln MKZ, delivering 263 horsepower and 249 pounds-feet of torque. The 3.5-liter uses a compact, lightweight dual-overhead cam valvetrain for peak power and smooth operation at high RPMs.
This engine also incorporates intake variable cam timing to optimize valve timing for a smooth idle and an impressive broad torque curve wîth good power.
The six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission, which is front-wheel drive wîth all-wheel drive available, is standard on the 2010 Lincoln MKZ. Powertrain performance is improved dramatically, wîth 0-60 mph times dropping from 7.7 to 7.1 seconds.
The engine – and the MKZ itself – is quieter. Every piece of sound packing was redone.
'The customer definitely should notice how quiet the new MKZ is,' said Chief Engineer J.D. Shanahan. 'That's important – especially wîth luxury sedan buyers who perceive that quietness equates to quality.'
The MKZ engineering team also concentrated on the engine mount subsystem, finding the sound that balances sportiness and luxury, said Matt Hettenhouse, powertrain team leader.
A high 10.3:1 compression ratio and aluminum cylinder heads designed for high air flow and optimized combustion help complete the package, supporting the engine's ability to deliver great performance and fuel economy, along wîth low emissions.
Únique to the 2010 Lincoln MKZ are re-engineered resonators on the air-induction system. 'They deliver the powerful, refined sound Lincoln MKZ customers expect,' Hettenhouse §äid.
The six-speed transmission allows for lower early gears for better acceleration and taller high gears for better highway mileage. The new standard SelectShift provides the driver wîth manual gear selection for enhanced sportiness. Downshifts are locked out to protect the engine from over-revving. The 'enhanced overdrive cancel' mode locks out the fifth and sixth gears, allows shifts at higher speed for more engine braking and downshifts for 'grade assist' functionality.
The 2010 Lincoln MKZ was completely revised and uniquely tuned for ride comfort.
The team changed the rear suspension lower control arm control point to move the roll center closer to the center of gravity, which improved the ride-handling characteristics. A hydraulic variable-flow §teering pump changes the flow rate at lower speeds to give better response, improving the turning circle and easier parking efforts.
The Lincoln MKZ's available all-wheel drive (AWD) system has been retuned for better traction and lower noise, vibration and harshness. The system uses an electro-mechanical clutch and employs two basic modes of torque transfer – pre-emptive torque (before wheel slip) and slip-control torque (after wheel slip). This dual system gives the driver confidence in any situation, while the suspension has been specially tuned to be more neutral when cornering.
'When the Lincoln MKZ accelerates, even lightly, from a stop on any surface – dry pavement, wet pavement, sand, gravel, ice, mud – pre-emptive torque is transferred to the rear wheels,' said Jim Fritz, AWD product development engineer. 'As an added measure to control front wheel slip on slippery surfaces, slip control torque is added to equalize front and rear wheel speeds.'
The AWD system works in harmony wîth brake traction control to deliver more confidence to Lincoln MKZ customers. Ford's AdvanceTrac electronic stability control keeps drivers in command as well.
'The driving experience has been improved, delivering a better ride and vehicle control,' Shanahan §äid. 'Ride enhancements, a new sport package, new technologies, the signature Lincoln design and a strong quality story help the new 2010 Lincoln MKZ set a new standard in mid-size luxury sedans.'
The 2010 Lincoln MKZ is built at Ford's Hermosillo (Mexico) Stamping and Assembly Plant and will be in dealer showrooms in spring 2009.Source - Lincoln
|SOUL RANKED HIGHEST IN ITS SEGMENT IN STRATEGIC VISION'S TOTAL QUALITY INDEX STUDY|
|◾Soul recognized by veteran consumer research-based consultancy, Strategic Vision ◾New car buyers selected Kia's urban transport based on quality perceptions and ownership experience IRVINE, Calif., May 17, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) has been one of the fastest-growing car companies in the U.S. over the last five years1, and its edgy urban passenger vehicle, the Soul – a key factor in that growth – was recently named to Strategic Vision's 2013 list of Total Quality Vehicles. The ...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|JEEP® AT THE 2013 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW|
|•European premiere of the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee 2014: the most awarded Large SUV ever has been renewed in terms of internal and external design, technological contents and performance thanks to the new eight-speed automatic transmission •European debut for the new Jeep Compass 2014: revised interior and exterior design, new PowerTech six-speed automatic transmission and all-new safety features •European preview of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition: the new special-edition...[Read more...]|
|HONDA EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY ENGINES NAMED AMONG WARD'S 10 BEST ENGINES FOR 2013|
|Honda Earth Dreams Technology Engines Named Among Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2013 4-cylinder and V-6 engines from all-new 2013 Accord honored TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 - Two Honda Earth DreamsTM Technology engines powering the all-new 2013 Honda Accord were named to Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2013. Nearly every 2013 Accord on sale in the United States is equipped with one of the honored engines; the direct-injected 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine and the 3.5-liter V6 eng...[Read more...]|
|2010 Lincoln models|
|BMW 3 Series||($32,850-66,500)|
|Cadillac SRX Crossover||($33,330-39,400)|
|Land Rover LR2||($35,500-35,500)|
|Lexus HS 250h||($34,200-36,975)|
|Lexus IS 350||($32,145-58,465)|
|Lexus IS 350C||($31,305-56,765)|
|Lexus RX 350||($36,800-43,250)|
|Nissan Leaf EV|| :|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Acura TSX V-6|
|Audi A5 Sportback|
|Audi e-tron Spyder Concept|
|Audi S5 Michelle Edition|
|Other models by Lincoln|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2008 LA Auto Show|
|2009 MKZ||2011 MKZ Hybrid||2011 MKZ|