|The powerhouse of the 124 model series: A highly sought-after young classic: the Mercedes-Benz 500 E|
|Anyone in the know will already be slavering at this model designation: launched in 1990, 25 years ago, the Mercedes-Benz 500 E with V8 engine and subtly muscular body is the top-of-the-range model in the 124 model series - and has long been one of the brand's most desirable 'young classic' models.
A modest appearance, at first glance – this is one side of the Mercedes-Benz 500 E. Only the somewhat more voluminous wings, the slightly lower body and a modified front apron with inset fog lamps ...[Read more...]|
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles key player in the Classic Days in Germany|
|Concours d'elegance, parades and special races on roads closed to traffic: this is the packed programme reserved for the historic cars arriving at the medieval Dyck castle
• Alfa Romeo takes part with four precious models: the prototype 750 Competizione (1955), the 8C 2900 Le Mans (1938), the Giulietta SZ (1960) and the 1900 Sport Spider (1954)
• Under the spotlight the Lancia 037 Rally (1984 - group B) and the Formula 1 Lancia D50 (1955)
• At the German event also the Abarth 1000 Monomille ...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens|
|The inaugural Concours d'Elegance at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens welcomed over 180 rare and exclusive automobiles, motorcycles, and bicycles on the well-manicured 70-acre landscape. The backdrop for this elegant affair was the 6th largest historic estate open to the public - the Stan Hywet – which has the reputation as being the home of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. co-founder F.A. Seiberling.
On the day of the concours, the weather report predicted rain. Instead, the enthusiasts and colle...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|GM'S TONAWANDA PLANT RETOOLED FOR HIGH-TECH ENGINES|
|BUFFALO, N.Y. – Some of General Motors' advanced manufacturing techniques to produce the all-new, Gen 5 Small Block engine family are microscopic, but they have a huge impact on the 75-year-old Tonawanda Engine Plant, where about 1,500 jobs have been created and retained since 2009.
As a result of GM's $400 million investment, Tonawanda will eventually produce four versions of the Gen 5 Small Block – a 4.3L V-6, 5.3L V-8 and two variants of a 6.2L V-8. When the plant is at full product...[Read more...]|