|THE NEW AMG 4.0-LITER V8 BITURBO ENGINE|
|Powerful, innovative and efficient
July 25, 2014 - Affalterbach -- Mercedes-AMG presents a new technological masterpiece: the AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine is a new development at the sporting heart of the new Mercedes-AMG GT car. This innovative eight-cylinder unit stands out for its sublime power delivery, the purposeful lightweight construction, as well as its high efficiency and environmental compatibility. With peak power of up to 375 kW (503hp) and maximum torque of up t...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|GM'S TONAWANDA PLANT RETOOLED FOR HIGH-TECH ENGINES|
|BUFFALO, N.Y. – Some of General Motors' advanced manufacturing techniques to produce the all-new, Gen 5 Small Block engine family are microscopic, but they have a huge impact on the 75-year-old Tonawanda Engine Plant, where about 1,500 jobs have been created and retained since 2009.
As a result of GM's $400 million investment, Tonawanda will eventually produce four versions of the Gen 5 Small Block – a 4.3L V-6, 5.3L V-8 and two variants of a 6.2L V-8. When the plant is at full product...[Read more...]|
|TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
|• TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
• 'LOST' SHELBY DUAL PROTOTYPE, HAGERTY GIVEAWAY & SALON COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT 39 HOURS OF LIVE COVERAGE
The 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Ariz.) Collector Car Event, the first of four set for live coverage in 2013, kicks off the auction season in grand style as some of the world's most sought-after machines cross the block starting Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
|Mercedes-Benz Classic at the 2012 Grossglockner Grand Prix|
|• Revival of the mountain race from the 1930s
• Mercedes-Benz SSK and W 125 at the start
• 92 bends, 14 hairpins, 15 kilometres and a 1300-metre altitude difference
The Grossglockner mountain race was one of the most prestigious motor sports events of the 1930s. This year it will be revived with the 2012 Grossglockner Grand Prix to be held from 20 to 22 September 2012 and Mercedes-Benz will be there with some famous cars. In 1938, the brand took part for the first time.
As a classic c...[Read more...]|