|AUSTIN-HEALEY 100S, IN SAME OWNERSHIP FOR 50 YEARS, JOINS BONHAMS SCOTTSDALE AUCTION|
|Bonhams is delighted to announce the addition of a very special car to its sixth annual Scottsdale sale: a 1955 Austin-Healey 100S Sports-Racer that's been in the same ownership for half a century.
The Austin-Healey 100S was a limited production out-and-out sports racing car, designed to challenge for honors in the blue ribbon international races, as well as the active club racing scene in Europe and North America.
During the 1950s it was arguably the most accessible, most appealing and i...[Read more...]|
|RARE COLLECTIONS OF STUNNING MOTOR CARS ACHIEVE INCREDIBLE PRICES AT BONHAMS|
|- Highly prized, rare collections brought bidders to Bonhams, as both the Gordon Willey Collection of rare collectors' motor cars, and the Arthur Carter Collection of Austin Healeys went under the hammer
- Formerly the property of Johnnie Walker heir Rob Walker, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sold for £516,700, and the personal motor car of Donald Healey, the 1953 Austin-Healey 100/'100S' Coupé, sold for £639,900
- A 1960 Jaguar XK150 3.8-Litre Drophead Coupé set a new world record for the mode...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|Thomas Scott Collection of Classic American Automobiles to be On Offer at No Reserve at Russo and Steele's 2015 Monterey Collector Automobile Auction Event|
Scottsdale, Arizona (July 18th, 2015) – Thomas Scott is an accountant and entrepreneur from Athens, Georgia who has had a love for all things automotive for as long as he can remember. He possesses a lifetime of passion for buying, selling and working on classic American cars.
'I started out with the muscle cars — the Mopars, the Cobra Jet Mustang, the Chevelle,' Scott says. 'Those are cars that everybody recognizes — they're widely popular and very tradeable.' However, as S...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Readies for Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend|
|• A Spring tradition, Auctions America's popular Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend returns May 7 – 9 to Indiana's Auburn Auction Park
• Multi-day auction lifts gavel on diverse roster of some 500 quality vehicles
• Sale highlights include an immaculate 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Hardtop; an extremely rare 2006 Ford GTX1 TT 'Spyder'; and the Preston Evans Motorcycle Collection
• Weekend also features a car corral and swap meet, along with the return of the AACA Special National Spring Me...[Read more...]|