This car was built in 1958 by Luigi Lesovsky in his shop at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. In the car's maiden voyage at Langhorne, PA, it burned to the ground, severely injuring driver Johnny Boyd. The car was brought back to Indianapolis, where it was completely rebuilt by chief mechanic George Bignotti. The car went on to have plenty of success with drivers Jud Larson and Bobby Grim, including a win in the 100-mile championship event in Phoenix, AZ, with Larson at the wheel. This car competed in the Daytona event in 1959, with Grim driving.