|2009 Escalade||2009 Escalade Hybrid||2011 Escalade|
Image credits: © Cadillac. GM Corp.
2010 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid news, pictures, and information
New for 2010• New 3.08 axle ratio enhances fuel economy
• 6.0L V-8 engine now E85 FlexFuel capable. E85 comprises 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline, reduces greenhouse gas and smog-forming emissions, is domestically produced and helps reduce dependence on petroleum.
• Locking §teering column
• Previous Platinum-model-only clock included as standard equipment
• ÚSB connection in center console, enabling stored audio files to play through the audio system and battery charging for some handheld devices
• Revised inner door design for enhanced side-impact protection
Source - GM
2010 CADILLAC ESCALADE HYBRID AND ESCALADE PLATINUM HYBRID DELIVER EFFICIENCY, TECHNOLOGY AND LUXURY IN A LARGE SUVThe Cadillac Escalade Hybrid is the world's first fuel-saving hybrid applied to a large luxury SÚV. It achieves an EPA-rated 20 miles per gallon in the city, a 50-percent fuel economy improvement over the non-hybrid model. The Escalade Hybrid models are powered by GM's innovative, fuel-saving 2-Mode hybrid system and offer the same dramatic design, luxury and full-size capability that have made the Escalade an icon.
For 2010, the Escalade lineup also includes the Escalade Platinum Hybrid. It is the most technically advanced large luxury SÚV yet, blending the exclusive features of the Escalade Platinum model wîth the fuel-saving powertrain of the Escalade Hybrid.
Escalade Hybrid and Escalade Platinum Hybrid are available in 2WD and 4WD configurations. They deliver up to 5,800 pounds (2,631 kg) of usable towing capacity on 2WD models and 5,600 pounds (2,540 kg) on 4WD models. The hybrid models include nearly all of Escalade's standard comfort and convenience features, including an eight-inch, touch screen navigation system that displays performance readouts of the hybrid system.
In its recently released 'Best of the Best' special issue, the Robb Report, which covers luxury consumer goods, gave Best Sport Útility Vehicle honors to the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid.
Escalade Platinum Hybrid T he Escalade Platinum Hybrid's efficiency is complemented by an exclusive package of luxury, style and technology, including:
• A distinctive front fascia and grille patterned after Cadillac's acclaimed CTS sport sedan
• Únique 22-inch wheels
• Magnetic Ride Control technology
• LED headlamps
• Exclusive interior appointments wîth Aniline leather
• DVD entertainment system wîth screens integrated in front-seat headrests.
Magnetic Ride Control is the world's fastest-reacting suspension system and gives the Escalade Platinum Hybrid more precise body motion control. It is a real-time damping system that 'reads' the road in 1-millisecond intervals. It replaces conventional mechanical-valve shocks wîth electronically controlled shocks filled wîth a synthetic fluid containing minute iron particles. Únder the presence of magnetic charge, the iron particles align to provide damping resistance almost instantly.
The LED headlamps emulate the characteristics of natural daylight much more closely than traditional auto lighting. LEDs are environmentally friendly, wîth a usable life more than 20 times longer than traditional halogen bulbs.
Inside the Escalade Platinum is the latest example of Cadillac's 21st-century return to handcrafted luxury details. The instrument panel, center storage console and door trim are wrapped and stitched by hand. They feature decorative French seams that convey an elegantly tailored look and feel. Materials include rich leather on the instrument panel, wîth unique wood inlays and aluminum trim.
Aniline leather is unique to the Escalade Platinum and is used to trim the first- and second-row seats. Contrasting-color stitching is used on the French seams for a distinctive, luxurious appearance. The seatbacks feature embroidered Cadillac wreath and crest insignias. The leather-covered seats are comfortable and convenient, and the -exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat eases access to the third-row seat.
Additional standard interior features include Platinum-specific door sills and floor mats; a heated §teering wheel; heated and cooled cupholders; and a power liftgate that opens and closes wîth the touch of a button. Also, the DVD entertainment system adds screens integrated into each front-seat headrest, in addition to the existing roof-mounted screen.
Each front-row headrest screen has its own driver and input controls. The headrest units can be operated independently or in tandem. This system enables passengers in different seats to make individual entertainment choices. Also included is the acclaimed Bose 5.1 Digital Surround system, as well as the eight-inch touch screen for DVD-based navigation and control of the DVD, CD, MP3 and XM Satellite Radio entertainment.
GM's patented two-mode hybrid technology
GM's patented two-mode hybrid system consists of an advanced, electrically variable transmission (EVT) and 300-volt nickel-metal hydride Energy Storage System (ESS). These systems work in concert wîth the standard 6.0L V-8 Gen IV gasoline engine wîth Active Fuel Management (AFM) and late-intake valve closing (LIVC) technology.
The key to Escalade's two-mode hybrid system is that the hybrid system itself generates the electric power used to propel the vehicle. When the brakes are applied or the vehicle is coasting, the electric motors within the hybrid system create electricity that is stored in the 300-volt battery. This stored energy is used to move the vehicle and the regenerative braking cycle is renewed.
Providing power to the hybrid's electrically variable transmission's (EVT) two electric motors is a 300-volt nickel-metal hydride Energy Storage System (ESS). This battery pack is under the second-row seat, where it takes up virtually no additional space and does not interfere wîth second- or third-row ingress/egress.
Additional features of the hybrid powertrain and supporting systems include:
• Fully blended regenerative braking captures energy that would otherwise be lost during vehicle deceleration.
• A 6.0L V-8 engine wîth Active Fuel Management and late intake valve closing (Atkinson-cycle combustion process) for reduced pumping losses and better overall fuel economy. It is rated at 332 horsepower (248 kW) and 367 lb.-ft. of torque (498 Nm) and runs on regular unleaded fuel. (concept carz)
• Auto Stop mode. Once the vehicle reaches 0 mph, the gasoline engine automatically shuts down, leaving the engine off and allowing the vehicle to move only under electric power, such as during city driving or heavy stop-and-go traffic.
• An exhaust system and resonator specially tuned for the 6.0L LIVC engine's Active Fuel Management operation. It ensures comfortable interior acoustics and a pleasant exhaust note during both V-4 and V-8 operation
• An electrically driven, 300-volt air conditioning compressor reduces vibration and allows the HVAC system to cool the passenger compartment even when the gasoline engine is shut off. It includes the standard tri-zone climate control system.
• Electrically driven, 42-volt variable-assist power §teering system reduces vibration and provides up to a 0.5-mpg fuel economy improvement by reducing parasitic losses common in belt-driven hydraulic systems.
• The Energy Storage System cooling system's internal fan is tuned to be quiet at low vehicle speeds, when occupants could more easily hear it.
The Escalade Platinum Hybrid's battery pack durability and reliability are maintained via optimized charge and discharge cycles, as well as a dedicated cooling system that draws air from the passenger compartment. As part of the vehicle's emission control system, the energy storage system is warranted for eight years/100,000 miles.
|Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And Innovation|
|SIXTY-FIVE YEARS OF LAND ROVER From our earliest days, the desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has made Land Rover famous around the world. Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into the highly respected range of vehicles that are sold in record numbers today. As Land Rover continues to go from strength to strength, we thought it was time to look back at the milestones in our history that have got us here. The last 65 years have been an adventure. ...[Read more...]|
|Porsche Debuts Plug-In Panamera At Auto Shanghai|
|Today Porsche is celebrating the world premiere of the 2014 Panamera at Auto Shanghai, the Asian market's leading auto show. The centerpiece of the show for Porsche is the appearance of the new Panamera S E-Hybrid, the first plug-in hybrid offering from the German automaker. Also making their debut are two luxurious Executive versions for the Panamera S and Panamera 4S, which feature an extended wheelbase and a completely new 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 engine. With this launch, the Panamera line-up...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|Ford Celebrates Production Launch of the Only Front-Wheel- Drive Hybrid Transmission To Be Made in North America|
|•Ford's Van Dyke Transmission Plant adds hybrid transmission capacity thanks to a new, flexible assembly line supporting Ford C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid •Ford adds 225 new jobs at Van Dyke Transmission, bringing jobs in-house while helping deliver on its commitment to provide customers the power of choice for fuel-efficient vehicles •Ford and its suppliers invest $220 million to transform Van Dyke Transmission a...[Read more...]|
|2010 Cadillac models|
|Cadillac CTS SportWagon|
|Cadillac SRX Crossover|
|Cadillac STS||2010 Cadillac Concepts|
|Cadillac Aera Concept|
|Cadillac XTS Platinum Concept|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Audi Q7 S-Line|
|Audi R15 plus TDI|
|Other models by Cadillac|
60 / Sixty
Series 70 and 80
|2009 Escalade||2009 Escalade Hybrid||2011 Escalade|