|2009 XJ||2011 XJ|
2010 Jaguar XJ news, pictures, and information
REVEALED TODAY - THE ALL NEW 2010 JAGUAR XJThe All New XJ brings a bold and daring new spirit to automotive luxury
Jaguar proudly revealed the all new 2010 Jaguar XJ today in London. The iconic XJ offers a seductive mix of striking design and robust performance made possible by Jaguar's aerospace-inspired light weight aluminum body technology. The all new Jaguar XJ will go on sale in December 2009, wîth a starting price of $72,500 MSRP. It is available to order today for delivery in early 2010.
Building on the success of the XK and XF, the new XJ is the third step in the revitalization of the Jaguar brand and redefines the world's perception of a large sports sedan. (concept carz) The new XJ will be available in both standard and long wheelbase models. The long wheelbase offers an even more sumptuous and refined environment for rear-seat passengers wîth an additional five inches of legroom while the XJ's trunk features power opening and closing for convenient access to the 15.2 cu. ft. storage space (with standard alloy space saver spare wheel).
The all new Jaguar XJ brings new standards of sustainability to the luxury vehicle §egmènt. Its lightweight aluminum structure makes it at least 300 lbs. lighter over steel body construction, and is made wîth 50 percent recycled material allowing the XJ to minimize its carbon footprint and create a potential savings of three tons of CO2 per vehicle, compared to a body shell made entirely of new aluminum. These aerospace-inspired aluminum body technologies also provide benefits to performance, handling and fuel economy, while delivering increased strength, refinement and safety.
'The launch of the all new Jaguar XJ marks a major milestone for Jaguar in North America, which is expected to be the world's largest Jaguar XJ market,' says Gary Temple, President of Jaguar Land Rover North America. 'The debut of our ultimate four-door flagship follows recent recognition for exceptional dependability and clearly demonstrates our commitment to producing the finest cars in the world – fast, beautiful cars that offer luxury, performance and first-rate quality.'
The first impression of the all new XJ is its visual assertiveness. The XJ's sleek lines are complemented by a taut waistline, which further accentuates the impression of length and elegance, and creates a natural tension as it fades from the front arch into the middle section of the car before reappearing as a strong haunch towards the rear.
The New XJ offers a modern reinterpretation of a number of key XJ design cues while maintaining the highest standards of personal luxury. This is evident in how the strong, muscular lower half of the car contrasts wîth the slim and graceful quality of the roofline
– a nod to the original 1968 XJ sedan. (concept carz)
A standard panoramic glass roof is an integral part of the all new XJ's design, enabling the car to have a lower, more streamlined roofline, while dramatically enhancing the feeling of light and space inside. The LED light clusters wrap stylishly over the rear fenders, and feature three dramatic red vertical strips while the elongated teardrop shape of the side windows establishes the car's silhouette. The rear of the all new XJ is notable for its pure, sculpted shape. With a conscious absence of ornamentation, the rear features only a single leaping Jaguar.
The face of the all new 2010 XJ is confident, wîth a wide front track and short overhang contributing to the finely judged proportions. The nose of the car follows Jaguar's new design language wîth a bold and assertive treatment – the powerful mesh grille and slim xenon headlights create a strong road presence while the wrap-around rear screen reduces the visual weight of the pillars and gives the impression of an exotic 'floating' roof.
'The new XJ is a thoroughly modern interpretation of the quintessential Jaguar,' says Ian Callum, Design Director, Jaguar Cars. 'Its visual impact stems from the elongated teardrop shape of the car's side windows; that powerful stance and its wide track. It is the most emphatic statement yet of Jaguar's new design direction.'
The sleek design and refined luxury is continued inside the all new XJ by mixing newly advanced technologies and contemporary design to create an environment more akin to a state-of-the-art living space than a car cabin. The overriding impression from the interior is a sense of personal space that is enhanced by the clean, simple form of the leather-wrapped instrument panel sitting low across the vehicle. At the center of the instrument panel is an analog clock wîth individual chrome chaplets, a spun metal face and iridescent blue background; a look inspired by luxury watches.
The all new XJ's cabin is a marvel in its own right, blending elegant, contemporary design wîth the comfort, luxury and unmistakable sporting style of a Jaguar. Chrome and piano black detailing provide an eye-catching contrast to the beautifully crafted leather and veneer surfaces. To further complement the cabin design is a level of choice in colors, veneers and leathers not seen before in a Jaguar. Four specification levels – XJ, XJL, Supercharged and Supersport – allow the customer to tailor the car to suit their tastes. The top-of-the-range Supersport provides the ultimate expression of performance and luxury, wîth a specification that includes a leather headlining, semi-aniline leather seats and veneers wîth laser inlays.
Stunning, 12.3-inch high-definition Virtual InstrumentsTM complement an innovative 8-inch Touch-screen that displays vehicle functions ranging from audio and video to navigation and climate control. Premium surround sound options include the top-of-the-range 1200W Bowers & Wilkins system, which is standard on the Supercharged and Supersport models. Advanced infotainment features also include hard drive-based audio and navigation systems, and comprehensive connectivity for portable audio and video devices via the powerful Media Hub.
The all new XJ's beauty is much more than skin-deep. All engines transmit power through an enhanced version of Jaguar's acclaimed electronically controlled, six-speed automatic transmission which has a fully-adaptive shift system that delivers extremely smooth gear changes and works to balance performance and economy.
With the XJ, Jaguar has built upon its leading quality performance using the latest virtual product technologies. These proven Jaguar dynamic technologies are taken to new levels in the all new XJ. Features such as air suspension, Adaptive Dynamics (continuously variable damping), Active Differential Control (on Supercharged and Supersport) and quick-ratio power §teering deliver the blend of responsive, dynamic handling and a refined, supple ride expected from a Jaguar.
The new XJ will be available in the ÚS wîth a choice of three engines – a 5.0 liter 385hp naturally aspirated V8, 5.0 liter 470hp supercharged V8 and a 5.0 liter 510hp supercharged V8. In naturally-aspirated form, the XJ develops 380 lb.-ft. of torque. The supercharged versions develop 424 lb.-ft. and 461 lb.-ft. of torque, respectively. All three engines combine deft performance, unparalleled character, peerless pedigree, and have a classic Jaguar blend of strength and precision.
The all new 2010 Jaguar XJ delivers a driving experience that is just as memorable as the car's sleek and alluring appearance, combining responsive, sporting dynamics wîth the luxurious drive expected from a Jaguar.
All New Jaguar XJ At-A-Glance
• As the company's ultimate four-door flagship, the all new XJ extends the appeal of the legendary XJ line to a new generation of customers.
• The all new XJ will be available in the ÚS wîth a choice of three engines – a 5.0 liter 385hp naturally aspirated V8, 5.0 liter 470hp supercharged V8 and a 5.0 liter 510hp supercharged V8. In naturally-aspirated form, the XJ develops 380 lb. ft. of torque. The supercharged versions develop 424 lb. ft. and 461 lb. ft. of torque, respectively.
• The new XJ features both standard and long wheelbase models. The long wheelbase offers an even more sumptuous and refined environment for rear-seat passengers wîth an additional five inches of legroom while the XJ's trunk features power opening and closing for convenient access to the 15.2 cu. ft. storage space (with standard alloy space saver spare wheel).
• The new Jaguar XJ is constructed using Jaguar's aerospace-inspired aluminum body technology, which makes the XJ at least 300 lbs. lighter over steel body construction; providing benefits to performance, handling and fuel economy, while delivering increased strength, refinement and safety.
• Key driver aids on the new XJ include Adaptive Dynamics (continuously variable damping), Active Differential Control (available only on Supercharged and Supersport), and Sequential Shift System for manual gear selection, wîth shift paddles mounted behind the §teering wheel and quick-ratio power §teering.
• The new XJ comes standard wîth a CD/DVD player, HD radio, and a SIRIÚS™ satellite radio receiver. In addition, the Media Hub provides flexible connectivity through two ÚSB ports, Bluetooth® audio streaming and an auxiliary input, which allow the user to connect wîth iPods®, iPhones™, laptops and Blackberrys®.
• A 12.3-inch high-definition screen, which uses sophisticated – and beautifully detailed – Virtual InstrumentsTM, provides all of the functions performed by traditional dials.
• A panoramic glass roof is an integral part of the all new XJ's design, enabling the car to have a lower, more streamlined roofline, while dramatically enhancing the feeling of light and space inside.
• The all new Jaguar XJ can be ordered today for delivery in early 2010 and will go on sale in December 2009, wîth a starting price of $72,500 MSRP.
The All New XJ Model Line Will Include:
Source - Jaguar
• 5.0-liter naturally aspirated XJ and XJL (385hp) wîth a $72,500 and 79,500 MSRP, respectively
• 5.0-liter XJ and XJL Supercharged (470hp) wîth a $87,500 and $90,500 MSRP, respectively
• 5.0-liter XJ and XJL Supersport (510hp) wîth a $112,000 and $115,000 MSRP, respectively
All prices include an $850 destination and delivery charge. Tax, title, and registration fees not included.
# # #
From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar Cars has grown to become one of the world's premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and wîth that, one of the most recognized commercial brands. The company's vision is simple: To produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates two manufacturing plants in the Únited Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programs, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motorsports.
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|GARMIN TO PROVIDE IN-DASH NAVIGATION FOR FUTURE MERCEDES-BENZ MODELS|
|Garmin® International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced that Daimler AG has selected Garmin as global navigation provider for future Mercedes-Benz models. Garmin's award-winning navigation will be fully integrated into Mercedes-Benz infotainment systems over the next four years. 'Being selected by Daimler as their global tier-one navigation solution partner is a testament to Garmin's growing capability and exceptional produc...[Read more...]|
|JAGUAR LAND ROVER REPORTS U.S. SALES FOR SEPTEMBER 2012|
|•Jaguar Land Rover North America U.S. sales increase 20 percent for September; best September since 2007 •Land Rover sales increase 33 percent for September driven by sales of Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque •Jaguar begins dealership delivery of XJ 3.0 Liter V6 in October and XJ All Wheel Drive in December. (MAHWAH, NJ) - October 2, 2012 – Jaguar Land Rover North America today reported September 2012 U.S. sales: Land Rover sales for the month were 3,636 up 33 percent from ...[Read more...]|
|Mercedes-Benz CLS Class||($72,400-97,950)|
|Porsche Panamera V6||($74,400-74,400)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Aston Martin Cyrus|
|Aston Martin DBS|
|Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Special Edition|
|Aston Martin DBS Volante|
|Audi R8 Spyder|
|Audi R8 Spyder|
|Other models by Jaguar|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
XJR Group 44, IMSA, and Group C
|2009 XJ||2011 XJ|