|The Petersen Automotive Museum's Newest Exhibit - Town Cars: Arriving In Style|
|As the evolution from horse-drawn carriage to the automobile was underway in the early 20th century, Town Cars quickly became a pillar of luxury, sophistication and an illustration of one's status – a counterpoint to the average, mass produced Ford Model T.
Los Angeles, (Feb. 18, 2014) – Known as 'Mr. Showmanship,' it's no wonder that Liberace not only owned a town car – a vehicle designed around status and opulence – but took it to the next, flashy level by covering the exterior ...[Read more...]|
|The ‘Quadrifoglio Verde' is back on Giulietta and MiTo|
|The legendary 'Quadrifoglio Verde' that has identified the top performing cars by Alfa Romeo since 1923 is back on the new versions
• Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with a new 'Quadrifoglio Verde'
• True expression of Alfa Romeo's DNA, this car marks the debut of the new 240 HP 1750 Turbo Petrol engine with all-aluminium direct injection
• State-of-the-art 'Alfa TCT' 6-speed twin dry clutch transmission
• It's the same engine/transmission as the Alfa Romeo 4C supercar
• Giuliet...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Breaking news from Coys|
|1966 AC Shelby Cobra - Now selling at No Reserve!
Coys are pleased to announce that a 1966 AC Shelby Cobra will now be selling at No Reserve later today at the Autosport International show at the NEC in Birmingham.
Featured on the front cover of Classic & Sportscar magazine in September 2012, this Cobra is beautifully presented in Rangoon Red paintwork with black leather upholstery and hood and tan tonneau and sidescreens, and the car still displays a delightful patina. The 427ci b...[Read more...]|
|Lost Mercedes - Surfaces At Bonhams|
|One owner, unrestored, supercharged 'S' Type Mercedes to be sold by Bonhams at Goodwood Revival this autumn
One of the greatest and most important motor car finds of the last decade, the 'Lost Mercedes' is to be offered at Bonhams Goodwood Revival sale on Saturday 15th September 2012.
Bonhams announced today that it has been commissioned to sell a recently discovered 1928 Mercedes-Benz 26/120/180 'S' Type Sports Tourer which almost without precedent for motor cars of this type and d...[Read more...]|