2010 Jeep Commander news, pictures, and information
Sure-footed Seven-Passenger 2010 Jeep® Commander• 5.7L HEMI® V-8 engine standard on Limited and optional on Sport
• Power liftgate standard on Limited
• Inferno Red Crystal Pearl replaces Red Rock Crystal Pearl exterior color
• 18-inch Casino chrome-clad forged aluminum wheels available on Limited
• Chromed body-side molding standard on all models
• Rear exterior chromed assist handles and body-color fender flares wîth chromed styled bolt heads standard on Limited
• Body-color exterior mirrors standard on Limited
Offering three rows of seats to carry up to seven passengers, the 2010 Jeep Commander features the legendary 5.7-Liter HEMI® engine, which is standard on Limited models and optional on Sport models. The HEMI delivers 357 horsepower (259 kW) and 389 lb.-ft. (520 N•m) of torque and also features fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS) technology, which seamlessly alternates between smooth, high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand.
The 2010 Jeep Commander's 3.7-liter V-6 engine is a powerful engine that produces 210 horsepower (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) @ 4,000 rpm. An exhaust-gas recirculation (EGR) valve helps increase fuel economy.
Located in the roof above the second row are available CommandView™ Skylights. These dual tinted glass skylights are optional and packaged wîth the power sun roof that is positioned above front-seat passengers.
For Jeep Commander customers who want the assurance of full-time four-wheel drive without any switches or levers to pull, Quadra-Trac I® is ideal. The use of the Brake-traction Control System (BTCS) wîth the single-speed transfer case makes the 2010 Jeep Commander's 4x4 system extremely competent in a variety of driving situations.
The Quadra-Trac II® 4x4 system gives customers the benefit of a two-speed active transfer case and BTCS. The NV245 transfer case takes input from a variety of sensors to determine tire slip at the earliest possible moment and take corrective action.
The Quadra-Drive II® 4x4 system offers customers the ultimate in off-road capability. It combines the NV245 full-time transfer case wîth Electronic Limited-Slip Differential (ELSD) for best-in-class tractive performance.
All Jeep Commander's four-wheel-drive systems are Trail Rated®.
A five-speed automatic W5A580 transmission provides smooth shifts and optimum fuel economy and is available wîth Jeep Commander's 3.7-liter engine. The 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine is mated to a 545RFE five-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) This transmission's high torque capacity gives Commander class-leading towing capacity of 7,400 lbs.
2010 JEEP® COMMANDER AT A GLANCE
Jeep Commander offers more capability, more flexibility, more safety and more premium amenities• First Jeep wîth three-row, seven-passenger seating
• The most capable three-row, seven-passenger vehicle on the market
• Three rows of theater-style seats
• Fold-flat, 40/20/40 second-row seating allows for easy entry and exit to and from the third row, while fold-flat 50/50 third-row seats provide flexibility for passengers and cargo
Design inspired by three legendary Jeep vehicles: Willys Station Wagons (1946 to 1962), Jeep Wagoneer (1963 to 1991) Jeep Cherokee (1984 to 2001)
• With its flat, planar surfaces and upright stance, Jeep Commander has a rugged, masculine presence
• Styling cues include Jeep's signature seven-slot grille and trapezoidal wheel openings
Legendary Jeep off-road 4x4 capability and class-leading four-wheel-drive capability
• Choice of three 4x4 systems – Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II
• The Quadra-Drive II Jeep 4x4 system gives customers the ultimate in off-road capability by combining an NV245 full-time transfer case wîth Electronic Limited-slip Differential (front/rear/center) for best-in-class tractive performance
• The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine delivers best-in-class horsepower 357 hp (259 kW) and torque, 389 lb.-ft. (520 N•m) and provides best-in-class off-road performance for a three-row SÚV. Also available on Commander is the 3.7-liter V-6 engine (210 horsepower and 235 lb.-ft. of torque)
• Staying true to its legendary 4x4 heritage, Jeep Commander is Trail Rated®
Safety and security technology
• Jeep Commander has standard side-curtain air bags covering all three rows, standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC), advanced multi-stage driver and front-passenger air bags, advanced Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Brake Assist, all-speed Traction Control, ParkView™ rear back-up camera, ParkSense® rear-park assist system, Hill-descent Control, Hill-start Assist (HSA) and Trailer-sway Control (TSC)
More Jeep wîth more premium amenities
Source - Jeep
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle|
|- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle - Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas - Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler) May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand...[Read more...]|
|2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE LONGHORN NAMED TO WARD'S 10 BEST INTERIORS LIST FOR 2013|
|• For 2013, the Ram 1500's award-winning interior includes material upgrades, all-new interior themes with invigorating colors that speak to the lifestyle of the Ram Truck brand|
• All-new HVAC controls and new multimedia systems enhance the driver experience
• The 2013 Ram 1500 also features an exclusive eight-speed transmission activated with a breakthrough e-shift rotary dial
April 15, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn has been named one ...[Read more...]
|2013 Ram 1500: North American Truck/ Utility of the Year|
|The new Ram 1500 has been named 2013 North American Truck/Utility of the Year by a panel of automotive experts. The award is unique and considered by many to be one of the world's most prestigious based on its diverse mix of 49 automotive journalists from the U.S. and Canada who serve as the voting jurors. The winners were announced at a news conference today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. 'For the Ram Truck Brand, this ranks as one of the proudest days in our hi...[Read more...]|
|CHRYSLER GROUP LLC DRIVES AWAY WITH HIGHEST AND MOST HONORS AT THE 20TH ANNUAL TEXAS TRUCK RODEO|
|Vehicles from Ram Truck and Jeep® brands win eight of 19 awards from the Texas Auto Writers Association at this year's Texas Truck Rodeo •'Truck of Texas' awarded to the 2013 Ram 1500 •Jeep Grand Cherokee - the most awarded SUV in history – captures 'SUV of Texas' award for third consecutive year October 22, 2012 , SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Ram Truck and Jeep® brand vehicles won significantaccolades this year at the 20thannual Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Texas Truck Rodeo. ...[Read more...]|
|CHRYSLER GROUP LLC REPORTS SEPTEMBER 2012 U.S. SALES INCREASED 12 PERCENT; BEST SEPTEMBER SALES IN FIVE YEARS|
|•Best September sales since 2007 •30th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains •Third-quarter sales up 13 percent versus same quarter a year ago •Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in September compared with same month a year ago •FIAT brand sets all-time sales record with 51 percent increase •Both Fiat 500 and Fiat 500 Cabrio record sizeable sales gains •Dodge brand sales up 18 percent; best September sales since 2007 •Sales of the...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Aston Martin Cyrus|
|Aston Martin DBS|
|Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Special Edition|
|Aston Martin DBS Volante|
|Audi R8 Spyder|
|Audi R8 Spyder|
|Other models by Jeep|
|Vehicle Recall Information|