|2009 Dakota||2011 Dakota|
Image credits: © Dodge.
2010 Dodge Dakota news, pictures, and information
2010 Dodge Dakota: Bold Styling, Power, Versatility and Capability for Any Lifestyle• New front-shock modules wîth springs and rear-spring assemblies for improved ride and handling
• Bright White replaces Stone White Clear Coat exterior color
• Flame Red replaces Detonator Yellow exterior color
• Mango Tango replaces Sunburst Orange exterior color
Designed for customers wîth active lifestyles, the 2010 Dodge Dakota may be equipped for work and play.
The 2010 Dodge Dakota features best-in-class towing of up to 7,250 pounds, the greatest interior room of any mid-size truck wîth 30 cubic-feet of interior space in Extended Cab models and 37.1 cubic feet in Crew Cabs, and the largest and longest standard cargo bed in its class: 6-foot 6-inches in the Extended Cab.
For 2010, the Dodge Dakota features new Tokico shock modules and Arvin springs for improved ride and handling. Other new features include three new exterior colors: Bright White, Flame Red and Mango Tango.
The 2010 Dodge Dakota is offered in two body styles – Extended Cab and Crew Cab. Trim levels on the Extended Cab include ST and Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas only). Available Crew Cab trim levels include ST, Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas), TRX4 and Laramie.
The 2010 Dodge Dakota comes standard wîth a 3.7-liter Magnum® V-6 engine that generates 210 horsepower (157 kW) and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque.
The available 4.7-liter V-8 incorporates two spark plugs per cylinder (the only Chrysler engine to do so, other than the 5.7-liter HEMI®), which includes increased compression ratio, improved cylinder-head port flow and combustion system. The result is 302 horsepower (225 kW) and 329 lb.-ft. (446 N•m) of torque. The 4.7-liter V-8 is also equipped wîth Electronic Throttle Control and is E85 compatible.
The 2010 Dodge Dakota's 3.7-liter V-6 is backed by a standard four-speed automatic wîth overdrive, while a five-speed automatic is standard on V-8-equipped models.
The 2010 Dodge Dakota features a ladder-type frame, wîth hydroformed main rails fully boxed for strength and rigidity. All 2010 Dodge Dakotas feature an independent front suspension wîth coil-over shock absorbers.
Dodge Dakota : AT A GLANCE
• Offered in two body styles and four trim levels, Dakota's exterior includes a boldly styled hood, grille, front fascia, fenders and headlamps. Dakota also offers an available rear spoiler, cargo-box top protection, and utility rail system
• An available 4.7L V-8 engine produces 302 horsepower (225 kW) and 329 lb.-ft. (446 N•m) of torque, wîth better fuel economy and increased refinement over previous engines
• Capable of operating on E85 ethanol fuel, making the Dodge Dakota equipped wîth this engine a Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV)
• Best-in-class towing capability up to 7,250 pounds
• Standard 3.7L Magnum® V-6 engine produces 210 horsepower (157 kW) and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque
• Dakota continues to offer best-in-class room (30 cubic feet of interior space in Extended Cab models and 37.1 cubic feet for Crew Cab), and class-exclusive available Full-Swing rear access doors (open nearly 170 degrees) on the Extended Cab
• Clever under-seat storage system in the Dakota Crew Cab – a first for Dodge Dakota – includes the unique Crate 'N Go™ collapsible and removable cargo management system
• Additional storage options are provided throughout the interior including:
Storage bin above the glove box
• Center console incorporating cup holders wîth modular inserts wîth a
pull-out bin specifically designed to hold electronics such as an MP3 player (which may be plugged into Dakota's audio systems) or cell phone (Úconnect™ Phone available)
• Available built-in utility rails make cargo box tie-downs infinitely adjustable, and the dual-position tailgate may be secured in a mid-position, which provides support for extra-wide or extra-long cargo
• Largest and longest standard cargo bed in its class: 6-foot 6-inches in the Extended Cab
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle|
|- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle - Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas - Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler) May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand...[Read more...]|
|2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE LONGHORN NAMED TO WARD'S 10 BEST INTERIORS LIST FOR 2013|
|• For 2013, the Ram 1500's award-winning interior includes material upgrades, all-new interior themes with invigorating colors that speak to the lifestyle of the Ram Truck brand|
• All-new HVAC controls and new multimedia systems enhance the driver experience
• The 2013 Ram 1500 also features an exclusive eight-speed transmission activated with a breakthrough e-shift rotary dial
April 15, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn has been named one ...[Read more...]
|2013 Ram 1500: North American Truck/ Utility of the Year|
|The new Ram 1500 has been named 2013 North American Truck/Utility of the Year by a panel of automotive experts. The award is unique and considered by many to be one of the world's most prestigious based on its diverse mix of 49 automotive journalists from the U.S. and Canada who serve as the voting jurors. The winners were announced at a news conference today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. 'For the Ram Truck Brand, this ranks as one of the proudest days in our hi...[Read more...]|
|FORD POLICE INTERCEPTORS SWEEP THE COMPETITION IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT TESTING|
|•Ford Police Interceptor sedan and utility vehicle topped the competition in series of annual performance tests conducted by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) •Following their successful performance in Michigan State Police testing last month, the Ford Police Interceptors consistently demonstrated their class-leading performance •Ford has more than 15 years of leadership in the police car business and is the first and only manufacturer to offer pursuit-rated all-wheel-driv...[Read more...]|
|CHRYSLER GROUP LLC REPORTS SEPTEMBER 2012 U.S. SALES INCREASED 12 PERCENT; BEST SEPTEMBER SALES IN FIVE YEARS|
|•Best September sales since 2007 •30th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains •Third-quarter sales up 13 percent versus same quarter a year ago •Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in September compared with same month a year ago •FIAT brand sets all-time sales record with 51 percent increase •Both Fiat 500 and Fiat 500 Cabrio record sizeable sales gains •Dodge brand sales up 18 percent; best September sales since 2007 •Sales of the...[Read more...]|
|Dodge Ram 1500||($20,615-42,650)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Acura TSX V-6|
|Alfa Romeo 2uettottanta Concept|
|Alfa Romeo Giulietta|
|Audi e-tron Spyder Concept|
|Audi TT RS|
|BMW 3 Series|
|Other models by Dodge|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2009 Dakota||2011 Dakota|