|2009 Nitro||2011 Nitro|
Image credits: © Dodge.
2010 Dodge Nitro news, pictures, and information
2010 Dodge Nitro ignites Mid-size SUV Segment• Interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO) wîth 3.7-liter and 4-speed transmission
• Fuel-saver wîth 'ECO' lamp indicator in cluster
• Standard front-row Active Head Restraints
• Standard air filtration system
• Six speakers (SE and SXT)
• Power-heated manual folding mirrors (SE and SXT)
• New Premium cloth seat trim wîth stain-repel seat fabric (SE and SXT model)
• Available new leather seat trim (SXT model)
• Standard body-colored grille wîth bright billets, body-colored sills and front air dam (SXT model)
• Express-up front-passenger window (SXT model)
• Security alarm (SXT model)
• Light Sandstone Metallic replaces Light Graystone Peal Coat exterior color
New Pastel Pebble Beige interior (SXT)
• New Dark Pebble Beige interior (SE model)
Dodge Nitro is Dodge's first mid-size SÚV. With its bold styling and aggressive stance, Dodge Nitro is unlike any other mid-size SÚV in the marketplace. For 2010, Dodge will offer two models – Dodge Nitro SE and SXT.
New for 2010 is interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO). iDFSO turns off fuel during vehicle deceleration, which improves fuel economy. This feature, standard on 3.7- and 4.0-liter engines, improves fuel economy without any noticeable changes in engine performance. In addition, the new Fuel-saver indicator displays when the vehicle is driven in a fuel-efficient manner, providing drivers wîth continuous fuel-consumption feedback.
The standard 3.7-liter V-6 engine on the 2010 Dodge Nitro SE and SXT models produce 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm. An exhaust-gas recirculation valve helps increase fuel economy.
The 4.0-liter V-6 engine is optional on Dodge Nitro SXT. The engine delivers 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. (359 N•m) of torque @ 4,200 rpm.
The 2010 Dodge Nitro features a coil-spring independent front suspension and a five-link, coil-spring rear suspension. The independent front suspension gives the driver an optimum combination of ride, handling and §teering, which provides a greater sense of control and precision. The solid five-link rear suspension, including upper and lower trailing links and track bar, provides higher lateral stiffness for vehicle responsiveness and outstanding handling.
A performance suspension is optional on Dodge Nitro SXT. This suspension emphasizes responsive, fun-to-drive handling accompanied by a firm ride.
Dodge Nitro features a part-time four-wheel-drive system. Two-wheel- and four-wheel-drive lock modes are electronically controlled by a switch in the center console, which may be selected at any time wîth the part-time four-wheel drive system.
From a safety standpoint, four-wheel-disc anti-lock brakes (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Brake Assist, Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM) and All-speed traction control are standard.
Dodge Nitro : AT A GLANCE
Bold, powerful, street-smart design statement ignites mid-size SÚV §egmènt
• Dodge Nitro's design is unlike any other mid-size SÚV. Dodge Nitro's bold styling and aggressive stance are what make the vehicle stand out in a crowd
• Signature Dodge crosshair grille, high beltline and strong wheel forms establish the vehicle's confidence
Dodge Nitro is the first mid-size SÚV for Dodge
• As the first mid-size SÚV for the brand, Dodge Nitro personifies the bold, powerful and street-smart attitude of Dodge
• Dodge Nitro continues the brand's history of creating game-changing products and features Five-passenger Dodge Nitro designed to attract customers seeking distinctive style, sporty performance and cargo flexibility
• The interior of the five-passenger Dodge Nitro is spacious, functional and flexible for people and cargo
• Dodge Nitro has innovative cargo seating flexibility and fold-flat front-passenger and second-row seats. Second-row seats recline for added passenger comfort
Two Dodge Nitro models – Nitro SE and Nitro SXT
• Dodge Nitro SXT's optional 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 engine, performance suspension and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels and performance tires redefine the mid-size SÚV driving experience
• Dodge Nitro has optional towing package capable of towing up to 5,000 lbs
• Options include power sun roof, leather seats, heated front seats, remote start, ParkSense® rear-park assist, Úconnect™ Phone, eight premium speakers, subwoofer and 368-watt amplifier, Úconnect Navigation
Excellent acceleration, braking and handling
Source - Dodge
• 2010 Dodge Nitro features a performance suspension for improved cornering and increased traction and an independent front and five-link rear suspension system
Two V-6 engines are offered:
• 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (360 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm
• 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. (359 N•m) of torque @ 4,200 rpm
• Standard safety and security features include Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Brake assist, all-speed traction control, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM), front-row active head restraints and front and side-curtain air bags
• The part time 4WD system operates in 2WD and 4WD lock. The 2WD position is for normal driving and achieves optimal fuel economy. It's front drive-shaft is disengaged from the trasfer case and power is directed to the rear wheels. The 4WD lock position locks the front and rear wheels together and forces the front and rear wheels to rotate at the same speed. This position is intended for loose or slippery road surfaces only.
|VF Commodore, WN Caprice Gain Five Star Safety|
|Holden's highly-anticipated VF Commodore and WN Caprice range has been awarded a maximum five star ANCAP safety rating just weeks before it officially arrives in Australian showrooms. The five star rating applies to every new Commodore sedan, Sportwagon and Ute and long wheel base Caprice variant. From the entry level Evoke sedan to the flagship Caprice V, every VF and WN variant is comprehensively equipped with advanced safety technology features including Auto Park Assist, rear view came...[Read more...]|
|DODGE, TRAVIS PASTRANA TEAM UP AGAIN IN GLOBAL RALLYCROSS|
|• Pastrana Racing to Field Two Dodge Dart Rallycross Cars for 2013 Season|
April 9, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge and SRT Motorsports today announced they're teaming up with action sports legend Travis Pastrana again for a second season of competition in the Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) Series. Building on the strong relationship created last year, Pastrana Racing will now field two Dodge Dart race cars for 2013. Bryce Menzies will drive the second Dart. The duo ...[Read more...]
|AUDI LAUNCHES TITLE DEFENSE IN THE WEC|
|-2013 FIA World Endurance Championship starts at Silverstone -WEC season opens in UK, Europe's second-most important market -Thrilling hybrid duel expected with Toyota Ingolstadt, April 5, 2013 – Last year, Audi won the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) at Silverstone. April 14 will mark the beginning of the 'title defense' objective with the further developed Audi R18 e-tron quattro hybrid sports car at the 6-hour race on the tradition-steeped English race track. It will be the ...[Read more...]|
|JEEP® AT THE 2013 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW|
|•European premiere of the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee 2014: the most awarded Large SUV ever has been renewed in terms of internal and external design, technological contents and performance thanks to the new eight-speed automatic transmission •European debut for the new Jeep Compass 2014: revised interior and exterior design, new PowerTech six-speed automatic transmission and all-new safety features •European preview of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition: the new special-edition...[Read more...]|
|2014 Impala Focuses on Crash Avoidance From All Angles|
|The all-new 2014 Chevrolet Impala is the latest addition to Chevrolet's passenger car lineup and provides first-ever safety technologies for the global brand. Unveiled earlier this year at the New York Auto Show, the Impala leads the full-size segment with 10 standard air bags and boasts numerous active safety systems. While passive safety systems, such as air bags and seat belts, protect occupants in the event of a crash, active safety systems are designed to prevent a crash in the first pl...[Read more...]|
|Hyundai Santa Fe||($21,695-30,295)|
|Suzuki Grand Vitara||($18,995-26,995)|
|Toyota FJ Cruiser||($23,685-25,275)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Acura TSX V-6|
|Aston Martin Cyrus|
|Aston Martin V12 Vantage|
|Aston Martin V12 Vantage Carbon Black Edition|
|Aston Martin V8 Vantage N420|
|Audi A5 Sportback|
|Other models by Dodge|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2009 Nitro||2011 Nitro|