|2009 Ram||2009 Ram 2500/3500|
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 news, pictures, and information
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Offers Game-changing Features, Innovations and More Towing• Increased Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) to 15,500 lbs. from 14,000 lbs. wîth 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and 3.92 rear axle and 140.5-inch wheelbase
• Fuel-saver indicator on 3.7-liter engine
• Interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO) on all engines for improved real world fuel economy
• Available integrated trailer-brake controller
• iPod® Control wîth glove-box connection
• 22-inch tires on R/T package (late availability)
• Available folding trailer-tow mirrors
• Available power trailer-tow mirrors
• New premium Tire-pressure Monitoring (TPM) system
• Electro-chromic mirrors (available in Luxury Group, standard on Laramie)
Dodge continues to raise the bar wîth the most powerful and capable light-duty pickup truck in the §egmènt wîth the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500.
For 2010, Dodge Ram 1500's towing capability has increased to 10,450. Combining Dodge Ram's legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and the §egmènt-exclusive multi-link coil spring rear suspension, Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) has increased to 15,500 lbs., from 14,000 lbs., wîth the 140.5-inch wheelbase, 5.7-litre engine and 3.92 rear axle. This increased GCWR equates to an increase in tow rating. This improved rating, along wîth Ram's -first features and impressive ride and handling capabilities, make Dodge Ram the most capable light-duty pickup on the market.
The 2010 Dodge Ram incorporates a first-in-§egmènt, multi-link coil spring rear suspension that improves ride and handling without sacrificing payload (1,900 lbs.) and towing capability (up to an estimated 10,450 lbs).
New interior features include passive head restraints, Fuel-saver indicator on 3.7-liter models, a new premium Tire-pressure Monitoring (TPM) system and Park-Assist indicator in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) display.
Other new features include iPod® Control which connects most iPod-compatible devices using the iPod Control cable. The cable enables iPod devices to be controlled through Ram's media center radio or §teering-wheel radio controls.
New exterior features include available folding trailer-tow mirrors, integrated trailer-brake controller, power trailer-tow mirrors, electro-chromic mirrors, an air dam that is 18-mm longer for improved aerodynamics and new 22-inch tires included in R/T package.
Standard enhancements for 2010 include interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO) on all engines. iDFSO turns off the flow of fuel during vehicle deceleration for improved real-world fuel economy without any noticeable changes in engine performance.
Standard on the 2010 Dodge Ram two-wheel-drive regular cab and Quad Cab® models is a 3.7-liter Magnum V-6 engine, generating 215 horsepower (156 kW) and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque.
Other available engines include the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine that produces 390 horsepower (291 kW) and 407 lb.-ft. (548 N•m) of torque and the Flex-fuel 4.7-liter V-8 that generates 310 horsepower (231 kW) and 330 lb.-ft. (447 N•m) of torque.
The 2010 Dodge Ram Crew 1500 features an available first-in-§egmènt RamBox cargo management system that provides weatherproof, lockable, illuminated and drainable storage compartments integrated into both cargo-box sides for effortless access and convenience. The RamBox system includes a bed divider/2-foot bed extender for oversize loads and a rail system wîth sliding, adjustable cleats for infinitely adjustable tie-down capability.
Dodge Ram is available in a regular cab, Quad Cab and crew-cab configuration and offers three box lengths: 8-foot (regular cab), 6-foot 4-inches (regular cab and Quad Cab), and 5-foot 7-inches (crew cab).
2010 DODGE RAM 1500 : AT A GLANCE
• First-in-§egmènt coil-spring, five-link rear suspension fitted to a solid rear axle provides ride and handling capabilities unexpected in a pickup truck
• Best-in-class aerodynamics – an estimated .387 Cd – help improve fuel economy and performance
• First-in-§egmènt, versatile cargo management system includes unique 'RamBox' weatherproof, lockable storage bins; pickup bed dividers; 2-foot bed extender; and cargo rail system wîth sliding, adjustable cleats
• First-in-§egmènt, factory-installed dual exhaust styled dramatically into the rear bumper
• First-in-§egmènt 'store-in-the-floor' bins
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 shoves the envelope in truck design
• Dodge Ram's distinguished and bold 'big-rig' design is expressed wîth an aluminum hood and a large power bulge that imparts a 'head-down, ready-to-charge' attitude, while chromed front and rear bumpers wrap around body sides
• Rear bumper on HEMI-equipped models is radiused over optional chromed dual exhaust – a first in light-duty pickups
• Glass-to-body ratio imparts a modern aesthetic; center pillars are smaller than previous Ram models and are finished in black to create an open appearance
• Door sills are pulled down to cover frame rails
• Tailgate designed wîth a built-in spoiler that smoothes air flow over the rear of the truck for enhanced aerodynamics and fuel economy
• Increased Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) to 15,500 lbs. from 14,000 lbs. wîth 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and 3.92 rear axle and 140.5-inch wheelbase
• 2010 Ram offered in regular cab (with a choice of 6-foot 4-inch or 8-foot cargo box), Quad Cab (with 6-foot 4-inch cargo box) and crew-size cab (with 5-foot 7-inch cargo box); and five models (ST, SLT, Sport, TRX, Big Horn, Lone Star and Laramie)
• Crew-size cab model offers room for six adults and convenience wîth garage ability – providing Dodge wîth a formidable entry in the fastest-growing and highest-volume part of the light-duty pickup §egmènt (crew cabs account for nearly 50 percent of market)
• Innovative, first-in-§egmènt rear suspension setup features a solid axle located wîth multiple links and fitted wîth coil springs and dampers, providing comfortable, predictable performance while improving capability
Most powerful engine lineup:
• 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 provides 390 horsepower (291 kW) and 407 lb.-ft. (548 N•m) of torque wîth fuel-saving MDS technology
• 4.7-liter V-8 provides 310 horsepower (231 kW) and 330 lb.-ft. (447 N•m) of torque and is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission
• The 3.7-liter Magnum V-6 engine generates 215 horsepower (156 kW) and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque and is standard on two-wheel-drive Dodge Ram 1500 regular cab and Quad Cab
• Electronic Range Select complements the tow/haul mode by enabling customers to select desired gears that match driving conditions
• Four axle ratios wîth limited-slip capability are available: 3.21, 3.55, 3.92 and 4.10
• First-in-§egmènt, unique 'RamBox' provides weatherproof, illuminated, lockable storage compartments integrated into both fender sides for effortless access and convenience
• RamBox is available on light-duty crew-size cab configurations
• Total capacity for both bins combined is 7.4 cubic feet (or 240 cans of 12-once beverages)
• Bins are large enough to hold a set of golf clubs and shoes, toolboxes, fishing gear, helmets or anything else needed for work or play
• Each RamBox bin holds up to five cases (120 cans) of 12-ounce beverages
• RamBox cargo management system also includes a bed divider/built-in 2-foot bed extender for oversized loads and rail system wîth sliding, adjustable cleats for infinitely adjustable tie-down capability
• Cargo beds equipped wîth RamBox are 51.1 inches wide, allowing 4 x 8-ft. sheets of plywood to lie flat (with tailgate down)
• Drain plugs in bins allow easy clean-out
• Exclusive 'store-in-the-floor' bins in crew-size cab offer versatile storage in the second row – large enough for ten 12-ounce beverages
• Nearly twice as many storage locations (42) than previous model (26) including a large upper glove box, map pockets in door panels and a configurable center console
• Available Úconnect™ Multimedia and Úconnect Navigation wîth real-time traffic information, hands-free communication and multiple ways to save and play back music and audio; and rear-seat entertainment system (Quad Cab and Ram Crew 1500)
• First-in-§egmènt 506-watt surround-sound audio system
• Premium amenities include heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats (Dodge Ram Crew 1500) and heated §teering wheel, one-touch up/down driver and passenger windows and automatic-on headlamps
• Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) standard on SLT and higher trim levels – includes compass heading, temperature, average fuel economy, odometer, distance-to-empty fuel tank and tire-pressure warning, plus driver-programmable features such as language, standard or metric readouts, automatic door locking
• Tailgate features standard lift-assist for safe, effortless raising and lowering
• Premium interior appointments including six-ring instrumentation, automatic temperature control, chromed accents, premium seating and two-tone upholstery
• Available floor shifter for automatic transmission
• 20-inch wheels available in three styles
• 22-inch wheels available (late availability on R/T package)
• 'Four burner' quad headlamps (available on select models) aid illumination
• Standard all-row side-curtain air bags
• Standard Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) senses and prevents wheel lockup
• Standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) provides enhanced vehicle stability during all maneuvers on all surfaces
• Available adjustable pedals
• Available ParkSense® rear-park assist system assists at low speeds in Reverse to detect stationary objects wîth a chime warning
• Available ParkViewTM rear back-up camera
Ram 1500 Named a 2010 Top 10 Road Trip Vehicle by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.comJust in time for Memorial Day weekend and the kickoff of the summer driving season, Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com today named the Ram 1500 one of its 2010 Top 10 Road Trip Vehicles.
This year, Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com editors added a new twist to their annual Top 10 list, choosing 10 road trip-worthy summer 2010 events and pairing them wîth the best new cars and trucks for those journeys. The 2010 Ram 1500 and the Iowa State Fair were called a perfect road-trip match.
Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com called the Ram 1500, wîth its coil-over rear suspension 'a wise choice for long-haul road trip comfort. The HEMI V8 engine delivers a healthy 390 horsepower along wîth respectable highway fuel economy of 20 mpg, and the truck's boldly styled sheetmetal might just turn a few heads when you roll into town.'
As for the Iowa State Fair, held Aug. 12-22, in Des Moines, the editors wrote: 'You have to love any event that bills itself as 'Non Stop Fun.''
In addition to choosing the fun events and corresponding interesting rides, the kbb.com editors kept key road trip criteria in mind when choosing each Top 10 Road Trip Car -- things like a comfortable cabin, good fuel economy, utter reliability and superior over-the-road driving dynamics.
'We understand that truck owners spend a lot of time in their vehicles; whether getting to the jobsite, hauling livestock or towing their boat up to the cabin for the weekend.' said Fred Diaz, President and CEO - Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. 'That's why we designed the Ram 1500 to be the new truck §egmènt benchmark for comfort and refinement. With the new Ram, we focused on the interior, designing thoughtful features and loads of storage -- the sorts of things that make it a good road trip companion.'
For more information about the 2010 Top 10 Road Trip Cars from Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com, visit www.kbb.com/RoadTripCars2010.
About Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com)Since 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, has provided vehicle buyers and sellers wîth the new and used vehicle information they need to accomplish their goals wîth confidence. The company's top-rated Web site, www.kbb.com, provides the most up-to-date pricing and values, including the New Car Blue Book® Value, which reveals what people actually are paying for new cars. The company also reports vehicle pricing and values via products and services, including software products and the famous Blue Book® Official Guide. According to the C.A. Walker Research Solutions, Inc. - 2009 Spring Automotive Web Site Úsefulness Study, kbb.com is the most useful automotive information Web site among new and used vehicle shoppers, and half of online vehicle shoppers visit kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com also is a W3 Gold Award winner, sanctioned by the International Academy of Visual Arts. Kbb.com is a leading provider of new car prices, used car Blue Book Values, car reviews, new cars for sale, used cars for sale, and car dealer locations.
About the Ram Truck Brand
With a work-hard, play-hard attitude, the Ram Truck brand offers the boldest, most powerful and capable pickup truck lineup on the planet.
The Ram Truck brand will add to its award-winning truck lineup wîth the introduction of it all-new 2010 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty trucks, Motor Trend's Truck of the Year. The new heavy-duty trucks provide customers wîth first-time innovations and features along wîth new standards of strength, utility and driveability, building on the Ram's leadership in the heavy-duty pickup §egmènt.
Introduced in 2008, the Ram 1500 is a game changer in terms of its ability to 'outsmart' and 'out-tough' the competition wîth its bold exterior design, crafted and refined interior, engineering excellence, superb innovation and best-in-class features and amenities. The Ram 1500 also ranks at the top of Strategic Vision Inc.'s (SVI) 2009 Total Quality Index™ (TQI) in the full-size truck §egmènt. According to the survey, the Ram 1500 leads the way wîth the highest Total Quality score of any truck in the 15-year history of the study. Customers specifically noted that the Ram has the best added storage capability along wîth the best truck interior ever rated by customers.
The Ram Truck brand will further enhance its commercial vehicle presence wîth the introduction of a 'new crew' of commercial-grade work trucks: the new 2011 Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs. Led by an all-new crew cab, the new 2011 Ram Chassis Cabs are built on a proven frame and chassis, and engineered for maximum uptime, optimum performance and enhanced commercial capability.Source - Dodge
|ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS|
|◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models ◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) providing comfortable accommodations for five passengers ◾Large: a Fiat 500 designed on the new 'small-wide' vehicle architecture for 27 inches more length, plus six inches more ...[Read more...]|
|Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Town & Country And Dodge Challenger Win Autopacific 2013 Best-In-Class|
|June 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The automotive research group AutoPacific has for the third year in a row named the Jeep® Grand Cherokee Best-In-Class Mid-Size SUV in its 17th-annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA). In addition, for the second time in the last three years, AutoPacific named the Chrysler Town & Country Best-In-Class Minivan, while the Dodge Challenger tied for Best-In-Class Sporty Car. It was the Challenger's first VSA. 'Having three Chrysler Group vehicles ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|2013 Ram 1500: North American Truck/ Utility of the Year|
|The new Ram 1500 has been named 2013 North American Truck/Utility of the Year by a panel of automotive experts. The award is unique and considered by many to be one of the world's most prestigious based on its diverse mix of 49 automotive journalists from the U.S. and Canada who serve as the voting jurors. The winners were announced at a news conference today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. 'For the Ram Truck Brand, this ranks as one of the proudest days in our hi...[Read more...]|
|CHRYSLER GROUP LLC DRIVES AWAY WITH HIGHEST AND MOST HONORS AT THE 20TH ANNUAL TEXAS TRUCK RODEO|
|Vehicles from Ram Truck and Jeep® brands win eight of 19 awards from the Texas Auto Writers Association at this year's Texas Truck Rodeo •'Truck of Texas' awarded to the 2013 Ram 1500 •Jeep Grand Cherokee - the most awarded SUV in history – captures 'SUV of Texas' award for third consecutive year October 22, 2012 , SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Ram Truck and Jeep® brand vehicles won significantaccolades this year at the 20thannual Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Texas Truck Rodeo. ...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2010|
|Audi R15 plus TDI|
|Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed China|
|Other models by Dodge|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2009 Ram||2009 Ram 2500/3500|