Sold for $80,300 at 2006 RM Auctions
High bid of $65,000 at 2009 RM Auctions. (did not sell)
In 1930, Chrysler produced over 60,000 vehicles in the five series and 37 models. The series 77 featured hydraulic internal brakes, a new flat V-type radiator and a floor-mounted gearshift for the four-speed transmission.
Part of Chrysler's success was their racing pedigree. Their cars appeared at Le Mans, Spa and in the Mille Miglia since 1924. In 1930, two model 77 Roadster raced at Spa in Belgium. A Chrysler driven by Stoffel and De Costier finished 5th behind three Alfas and a Bugatti.
This Roadster, one of only 1,729 Model 77 Roadster built in 1930, was acquired by the current owner in 2006. It has been given a complete, no expense spared restoration. Since then, it has been driven sparingly and been carefully maintained. It is painted in two-tone blue paintwork and has a cloth top. The engine is an L-head, six-cylinder unit capable of producing 93 horsepower. There are four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes and a four-speed manual transmission.
In 2009, this Model 77 Roadster was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey presented by RM Auctions where it was expected to sell for $80,000 - $100,000. Bidding reached $65,000 but was not enough to satisfy reserve. The lot was left unsold.By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2009
The Chrysler 77 series was named thusly because the company guaranteed a crusing speed of 77 miles per hour and a top speed of 90 miles per hour!
Power was supplied by a 100 horsepower six-cylinder motor. The Chrysler 77 also featured four-wheel hydraulic brakes and a four-speed transmission.
Nine different body styles were available within the 77 series, including the Crown Sedan, which sold new for $1,795.
Interestingly, the Chrysler Building in New York City was completed in 1930.
Engine Num: W19396
Sold for $71,500 at 2014 RM Auctions
This Dual-Cowl Phaeton was restored to AACA Senior Award-winning condition in the mid-1960s. For many years it was part of the Paul Stern Collection in Mannheim, Pennsylvania. The engine is an L-head six-cylinder unit offering 93 horsepower and there is a four-speed manual transmission. Braking is handled by four-wheel hydraulic drums.
|THREE TIMES FOUR: RM SOTHEBY'S BRINGS ASTON MARTIN TRINITY TO LONDON SALE WITH DB4GT, DB4 CONVERTIBLE AND DB4 SERIES II COUPÉ|
|• RM Sotheby's assembles 'holy trifecta' of DB4s for its 10th anniversary London sale, 7 September at Battersea Evolution
• Trio led by original one-of-75 DB4GT, immaculate concours-standard Series V Convertible, and desirable left-hand-drive Series II Coupé
• Aston Martin fans also catered for with classic 1953 DB2 Vantage and desirable 2009 DBS Volante
• RM's Battersea sale the official auction of the UK's prestigious Concours of Elegance
• Further information and frequently updated list...[Read more...]|
|AUCTIONS AMERICA KICKS OFF ITS 2016 SEASON WITH $20 MILLION IN SALES AND 40 PERCENT NEW BIDDERS AT FORT LAUDERDALE|
|• Auctions America's 14th annual Fort Lauderdale collector car auction generates $20 million in sales
• Diverse top-sellers list led by 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona at $649,000
• Rare American muscle and desirable Mercedes-Benzes attract significant interest and strong prices
• 1964 Ford Falcon Futura Restomod raises $25,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
• Complete results available at www.auctionsamerica.com
• Auctions America continues its 2016 calendar with Auburn Spri...[Read more...]|
|1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Spyder Epitomizes The Elegance at Hershey|
|HERSHEY, PA - The theme for this year's Elegance at Hershey is Celebration of Speed. After deciding upon the overall theme, 'One of the first decisions we made was to choose an automobile that epitomized that concept,' stated Steve Moskowitz, Elegance Vice Chairman. After much deliberation, it was concluded that the logical choice would be the Alfa Romeo Touring Spyder.
A call was made to Mr. Oscar Davis of Elizabeth, NJ - the owner of a number of fabulous classic automobiles. Last ye...[Read more...]|
|TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
|• TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
• 'LOST' SHELBY DUAL PROTOTYPE, HAGERTY GIVEAWAY & SALON COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT 39 HOURS OF LIVE COVERAGE
The 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Ariz.) Collector Car Event, the first of four set for live coverage in 2013, kicks off the auction season in grand style as some of the world's most sought-after machines cross the block starting Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
|Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elegance Judging Day Concludes Salon Prive 2012|
|• 'Best of Show' prize goes to the 1950 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta entered by Dudley and Sally Masson-Styrron |
• Most prestigious judging panel in Salon Privé history congratulates all category winners for the UK's most outstanding line-up of bikes and cars in 2012
Syon Park, West London, 10th September 2012 – The Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance judging day at Salon Privé London marked the close of the Luxury Super Car Show, with a fabulous line up of 111 cars and bikes...[Read more...]