1936 Wolseley Super Six news, pictures, and information
Chassis Num: 225L518
Engine Num: 630 25HP
|Sold for $13,455 at 2009 Bonhams.|
After 1935 it was incorporated into larger companies but the Wolseley name remained as an up-market marque until 1975. The Wolseley Super Six Model was made from 1935-1937 with three engine configurations. 16HP, 21HP & 25HP. The Salon-de-Ville and Single Limousine produced on the 25 HP chassis were essentially identical except for the interior. The Salon having a standard interior, while the Single Limousine had a patrician between the driver/occupant, leather in the front and cord for the back compartment.
From 1936 through 1939, this car was in the ownership of the Lincoln County Council and used by the Lord Mayor of Lincoln. By 1944, it was in the care of C.A. Marshall of Sleaford, England. By 1966, it was owned by Harold George Tyler of Sleaford, England.
Other ownerships include:
1970 Frederick Vincent Le Tall
1974 R.E. Wary & Son, York, England
The vehicle was imported to the United States Port of Seattle from Liverpool, England in July of 1976 by Mr. Ken Hurtley, and purchased by Mr. Harold E. LeMany from Mr. Hurtley in April of 1978. It remained in the collection of the LeMay Family until December of 2003 when the vehicle was donated to the Harold E. LeMay museum.
The Wolseley is a survivor car in original unrestored condition.
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.