The 2011 Acadia Denali - The First Denali Crossover Ever
• GMC is extending its exclusive Denali line to include the highly successful Acadia brand that defined the crossover §egmènt
• The all-inclusive Acadia Denali is the ultimate combination of space and efficiency wîth top-of-the-line amenities
• Signature Denali cues include the honeycomb grille, chrome accents, body-color fascias and fender flares, mahogany wood §teering wheel and wood accents, and lighted sill plates
Today GMC unveiled the 2011 Acadia Denali in Detroit. The first Denali was launched in 1999 on the Yukon brand and helped define the luxury SÚV §egmènt. With nearly half of all Yukon sales being Denali models, expanding the Denali line to include the Acadia was a logical extension. Acadia Denali will provide GMC customers wîth all the amenities the Denali is known for in a fuel-efficient crossover.
'The GMC Denali models have come to stand for luxury and exclusivity, and that's just what customers will get in the new Acadia Denali,' said Lisa Hutchinson, GMC product marketing director. 'The decision to develop an Acadia Denali was made quickly within the new GM in response to customer and dealer demand for a Denali version ever since the launch and success of the Acadia.'
The Acadia launched in 2007 as the first crossover from GMC, wîth §egmènt-leading fuel economy and innovative features. An exclusive SmartSlide System allows easy access to an adult-sized third row wîth available seven- or eight- passenger seating configurations. Fold-flat second- and third-row seats allow flexible passenger and cargo configurations of the best-in-class interior space. Acadia's refined styling, impressive fuel efficiency, and confidence-inspiring safety features made it an immediate success and ideal platform to build upon for a Denali model.
The 2011 Acadia Denali goes on sale in the third quarter of 2010. It is available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models, as well as seven- and eight-passenger configurations. The standard 3.6L direct injected V-6 contributes to an EPA highway rating of 24 mpg wîth FWD models.
The Acadia Denali will stand out wîth its signature Denali design cues highlighted by the mono-color exterior and chrome honeycomb grille, a feature on all GMC Denali models. It also wears a number of specific exterior design cues, including:
• Únique lower front and rear fascias
• High-intensity discharge headlamps
• Body-color lower cladding and rocker moldings
• Body-color rear fascia and fender flares
• Únique body-side moldings wîth chrome accents and Denali badges
• Dual chrome exhaust tips
Further distinction comes wîth 20-inch, two-tone chrome-clad wheels. The six-spoke wheels feature black chrome spoke inserts set against bright chrome.
The Acadia Denali is offered in five exterior colors: Quicksilver Metallic, Summit White, Carbon Black, Red Jewel Tintcoat and White Diamond Tricoat. Luxury amenities
Acadia Denali delivers all the luxury and refinement that are hallmarks of the Denali line. It includes a number of exclusive design, comfort and convenience features including: Source - GMC
• Premium acoustics - laminated glass, triple door seals, and liquid applied sound deadeners
• Perforated leather seats wîth matching leather door panel trim
• Heated and cooled driver and passenger seats
• Leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth mahogany wood inserts
• Complementary wood grain finish on the instrument panel and center stack
• Enhanced accent lighting in the footwells
• Chrome, lighted sill plates wîth the Denali logo
• Dual SkyScape sunroof system, wîth sliding front sunroof and fixed rear section
• Head-up display (HÚD)
Additional content includes:
• Tri-zone automatic climate control
• Navigation system including XM NavTraffic (available)
• Bluetooth connectivity
• Rear-seat DVD entertainment system, wîth roof-mounted flip-down screen (available)
• Premium audio system wîth ÚSB port and Bose 10-speaker sound system
• XM Satellite Radio
• Rearview camera system
• Eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat wîth memory
• Remote vehicle start
Acadia Denali is powered by a 3.6L direct injection V-6 engine wîth VVT that optimizes performance and fuel economy, while also reducing emissions – including a 25-percent reduction in cold-start emissions. Engine performance is enhanced by the advanced six-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) The maximum towing capacity is a class-leading 5,200 pounds (2,364 kg).
A long, 118.9-inch (3,021 mm) wheelbase and wide 67.28-inch (1,709 mm) front/rear tracks give it a lower center of gravity and enable smooth, stable ride and handling for driving comfort. Independent front and rear suspensions enhance smoothness and deliver a more responsive driving experience. The front suspension features a MacPherson strut design, wîth a direct-acting stabilizer bar and aluminum knuckles, while the rear suspension uses a compact, state-of-the-art linked 'H' design. Isolated mounting points help reduce noise and vibration.
The suspension is tuned specifically for the Acadia Denali's 20-inch wheels and the available AWD system enhances dry-road handling and provides increased traction on wet, snow and ice-covered roads. Four-wheel disc brakes wîth ABS are standard, as are the following features:
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control system wîth rollover mitigation technology
• Traction control system
• Tire pressure monitoring system
Acadia Denali is covered by GM's five-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty and three-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper warranty – the best coverage in America.
GMC is one of the 's healthiest brands and is evolving to include more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers. The all-new GMC Terrain is a smaller SÚV that offers outstanding fuel economy along wîth the capability, engineering excellence and refinement that have defined GMC for more than a century. Complementing the Terrain is the Acadia eight-passenger crossover, Yukon and Yukon XL and Sierra pickups. Today GMC is the only manufacturer offering three full-size hybrid models. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com.
|ALL-NEW GOLF ALLTRACK AND NEW BEETLE MODELS HEAD THE CHANGES|
|Volkswagen also simplifies model lineups to put the emphasis on value
• Golf Alltrack adds all-wheel-drive ability and rugged off-road looks to the fun-to-drive and practical Golf SportWagen
• Golf SportWagen receives 4Motion® all-wheel-drive option
• Beetle range complemented by Dune Convertible, revised Classic models, and limited edition #PinkBeetle
• Driver assistance features added to lower priced trimlines in many model lineups
• Tiguan lineup simplified to value-laden Wol...[Read more...]|
|2016 EQUUS OFFERS DRIVER-FOCUSED TECHNOLOGIES, PREMIUM DESIGN, AND ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES|
|Hands-Free Smart Trunk with Automatic Opening Adds to the Premium Customer Experience
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 27, 2015 – The 2016 Equus premium luxury sedan continues to offer superior exterior and interior design, superb vehicle dynamics, material selection, driver technology displays and advanced safety features. Equus has been an impressive success story for Hyundai, bolstering its brand with consistently strong sales success and elevated customer satisfaction processes....[Read more...]|
|FOUR ENGINES, FOUR DOORS, EIGHT-SPEEDS AND UP TO A WORLD-LEADING 204 MPH: DODGE ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR CHARGER LINEUP|
|Dodge unleashes the Quickest, Fastest and Most Powerful Sedan in the world, along with the most capable and technologically advanced Charger lineup ever with a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $27,995
◾The Dodge and SRT brands take America's only four-door muscle car and offer the most comprehensive sedan lineup ever, loaded with even more performance, technology and world-class hardware: ◾As the most-equipped entry Charger model ever, the new Charger SE model i...[Read more...]|
|CRAFTSMANSHIP DEFINES ALL-NEW 2015 CADILLAC ESCALADE|
|◾Precisely crafted interior with more technology
◾Emotional design evolution complemented by quieter cabin, smoother performance and more efficient powertrain
◾Higher levels of luxury, with sophisticated new technology for safety and connectivity
DETROIT – From its introduction in 1999, the Cadillac Escalade quickly became the standard among luxury SUVs with a formula of bold design, powerful capability and luxurious accommodations. The all-new 2015 Escalade takes design and technic...[Read more...]|
|SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING ON 2014 XV CROSSTREK HYBRID|
|◾First Subaru Hybrid - based on popular gas model XV Crosstrek, hybrid offers same Capability and Utility
◾High-efficiency, Go-Anywhere Crossover with standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
◾Well-equipped and priced from $25,995
Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. has announced pricing on the carmaker's first-ever production hybrid vehicle, the XV Crosstrek Hybrid, arriving in dealerships in late 2013. The Hybrid is based on the successful XV Crosstrek crossover model and retains its...[Read more...]|