|Pebble Beach Concours Best of Show|
|The 65th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance named the 1924 Isotta Frashini Tipo 8A of the Jim Patterson Collection as their Best of Show. The long-wheelbase car was acquired by Carrosserie Worblaufen in the early 1930s and used as the basis for a Sport Cabriolet. It was displayed at the 1932 Geneva Auto Show and won the Grand-Prix d'Honneur at Cannes the following year. This Tipo 8A features a long hood, low windshield, a close-coupled body, and dual rear-mounted spares.
This car, having j...[Read more...]|
|The Pinnacle Portfolio: Unprecedented Private Colletion of the World's Finest Sports & Super Cars Slated for RM Sotheby's Monterey stage.|
|• RM Sotheby's secures the most significant and valuable private automobile collection ever presented at auction for its Monterey, California sale in August
• 'The Pinnacle Portfolio' comprises a superlative roster of the world's rarest and most important sports and super cars, from one of the finest Ferrari 250 LMs in existence, to a road-race hybrid 1998 McLaren F1 'The Road Going LM'
• Other highlights include a bookend pair of Bugatti Veyrons, and the final Enzo gifted to the late Pope Jo...[Read more...]|
|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R...[Read more...]|
|The Trident is Raised|
One of Italy's most famous marks, and perhaps most troubled, the trident-bearing automaker continues to provoke passion through its search of excellence.
Five brothers would come together in December of 1914 to found a motor company bearing their name—Maserati. Alfieri, Bindo, Carlo, Ettore and Ernesto had all demonstrated a passion for automobiles, particularly racing, during those early years at the turn of the 20th century.
The foundations of the company would actually begin ...[Read more...]|
|McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN PRICING AHEAD OF NEW YORK AUTO SHOW DEBUT|
|◾New McLaren 650S Coupé and Spider now available in North America
◾US pricing for 650S Coupé starts at USD $265,500 and USD $280,225 for the 650S Spider
◾Canadian pricing for 650S Coupé and Spider is CAD $287,000 and CAD $305,500 respectively
◾McLaren 650S to make US debut during the 2014 New York Auto Show
Following the global debut at the Geneva Auto Show, the McLaren 650S Coupé and 650S Spider are now on sale in the US and Canada across all 15 retail locations (13 in the US, two in Cana...[Read more...]|