|The powerhouse of the 124 model series: A highly sought-after young classic: the Mercedes-Benz 500 E|
|Anyone in the know will already be slavering at this model designation: launched in 1990, 25 years ago, the Mercedes-Benz 500 E with V8 engine and subtly muscular body is the top-of-the-range model in the 124 model series - and has long been one of the brand's most desirable 'young classic' models.
A modest appearance, at first glance – this is one side of the Mercedes-Benz 500 E. Only the somewhat more voluminous wings, the slightly lower body and a modified front apron with inset fog lamps ...[Read more...]|
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles key player in the Classic Days in Germany|
|Concours d'elegance, parades and special races on roads closed to traffic: this is the packed programme reserved for the historic cars arriving at the medieval Dyck castle
• Alfa Romeo takes part with four precious models: the prototype 750 Competizione (1955), the 8C 2900 Le Mans (1938), the Giulietta SZ (1960) and the 1900 Sport Spider (1954)
• Under the spotlight the Lancia 037 Rally (1984 - group B) and the Formula 1 Lancia D50 (1955)
• At the German event also the Abarth 1000 Monomille ...[Read more...]|
|RARE CHRYSLER LA COMTESSE CONCEPT APPEARS AT AMELIA 2014|
|After decades in obscurity Chrysler's La Comtesse Concept Car will re-debut at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on March 9, 2014.
The Fifties introduced new automotive chemical and paint technologies that helped summon a sea change in the way cars were purchased. It was a subtle component of Detroit's marketing equation, but color had risen near the top of the car buyer's priority list. The important fact was that women invariably chose the color of the new family car....[Read more...]|
|Mecum's Kansas City Spring Auction Reaches $9.6 Million in Sales|
|April 25-27 Auction Draws Large Crowd and Diverse Selection to Downtown K.C.
Magnificent and serene Kansas City, Mo., turns into a car collector's paradise twice a year when Mecum Auctions comes to town. Last weekend, April 25-27, the Kansas City Convention Center was transformed into that dream location with 735 cars spread across the gleaming floor of beautiful Bartle Hall. With 446 cars selling over the three-day period for a 61 percent sell-through rate, the enduring auction brough...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Announces Exciting List of Attractions for its Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend|
|• Final countdown underway to Auctions America's Auburn Spring collector car weekend, May 9 – 11 at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana
• Sale lifts the gavel on approximately 500 quality collector cars and features full day of memorabilia
• Latest auction highlights include a 1930 Packard Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton, a 1938 Cadillac V-16 Convertible Coupe, and a very rare 1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL R-Code in addition to the previously announced John Soneff estate collection
• Week...[Read more...]|