|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS SEPTEMBER 2014 SALES|
| ||September sales total 25,996 units
• The all-new Golf delivered1,887 units for the month, marking a 93.1 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous September
• The Golf GTI delivered 1,600 units, a 47.6 percent increase
• Jetta sedan delivered 8,980 units for the month
• Passat delivered 7,280 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 5,715 units, representing 22 percent of sales in September
• Year-to-date TDI sales were 63,099, re...[Read more...]|
|RED BULL GLOBAL RALLYCROSS POINTS RACE HEATS UP FOR OLSBERGS MSE DRIVERS JONI WIMAN AND PATRIK SANDELL BATTLE IN DAYTONA|
|DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (August 24, 2014) - Olsbergs MSE Ford's Patrik Sandell and Joni Wiman were the drivers to beat this weekend in Daytona, with both posting strong qualifying results and winning heat races at the sixth round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship.
'It was a good weekend for the team,' said Kobalt Tools driver Sandell. 'We were in the top of the pack the whole time and I'm really pleased with that.'
The Olsbergs MSE rallycross cars immediately proved cl...[Read more...]|
|SHELDON CREED WINS RACE 2 AT TORONTO SPEED ENERGY FORMULA OFF-ROAD PRESENTED BY TRAXXAS|
|TORONTO, Ontario, Canada (July 20, 2014) – Sheldon Creed completed a weekend sweep in the SPEED Energy Formula Off-Road Presented by TRAXXAS race at Toronto Sunday by edging Robby Gordon for the second day in a row winning both weekend races.
Unlike Saturday's slippery track, warm and dry conditions produced a thrilling battle between Creed and Gordon. The two drivers battled relentlessly for virtually the entire 10-lap race, with nearly every fan in attendance at the 11-turn street c...[Read more...]|
|IMSA CO-FOUNDER JOHN BISHOP PASSES AWAY AT AGE OF 87|
| ||DAYTONA BEACH,FLORIDA (June 6, 2014)– Sports car racing legend John Bishop, the visionary co-founder of the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), died Thursday in San Rafael, Calif. due to complications from a recent illness. He was 87.
Bishop co-founded IMSA in 1969 with his wife Peggy and Bill France Sr., after a surprise telephone 'cold call' from France – also NASCAR's founder – that resulted in a quick trip from Connecticut to Daytona Beach to discuss assembling a new spo...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS FEBRUARY 2014 SALES|
| ||February sales total 27,112 units
• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,597 units for the month
• Passat delivered 6,997 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,019 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 16.8 percent of sales in February • Passat TDI sales were 1,696, representing 24.2 percent of sales of the vehicle
Herndon, VA (March 3, 2014) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 27,112 units delivered in February.
'February was an expec...[Read more...]|