|2001 Ranger||2001 Ranger Sea Splash||2003 Ranger|
2002 Ford Ranger news, pictures, and information
New for 2002• New FX4 premium off-road package.
• Revised 3.0L OHV V-6 engine
• Optional MP3/CD audio system (October availability)
• Colors added: Dark Highland, Green Clearcoat Metallic, Harvest Gold Clearcoat Metallic, Silver Frost Clearcoat Metallic
The new FX4 off-road package, built on the four-door SuperCab chassis, brings rugged off-road functionality - and the looks to go wîth it - to the Ford Ranger, without requiring the owner to purchase a lot of aftermarket parts. The package includes:
• Four-wheel-drive, 4.0L V-6 engine wîth 8.8-inch rear axle wîth 4.10:1 radio, 24-inch water fording capability.
• Manual transmission wîth manual transfer case or automatic transmission wîth electronic transfer case.
• BilsteinÔ off-road shock absorbers and heavy duty springs.
• Heavier front skid plate, two easy-access stainless steel tow hooks in front and a black tow hook in rear, forged AlcoaÒ aluminum wheels wîth exposed stainless lug nuts, 31-inch by 10.5-inch BF Goodrich T/A KO tires.
• Styleside box wîth four available exterior colors, black exterior trim and FX4 decal.
• Two available interior colors, special 4x4 floor mats, unique sport bucket seats and fabric, grab-handles for driver and passenger and unique interior trim.
• Power equipment group, including power windows, door locks and mirrors and remote keyless entry system. AM/FM dual media stereo, speed control, tilt wheel, leather wrapped §teering wheel, sliding rear window.
• The 'Built Ford Tough' Ranger, sales leader among compact pickups for the past 14 years, offers more power and performance than at any time during its long history, along wîth the type of refinement not often found in working-hard, playing-hard compact pickups.
Design elements borrowed from F-series pickups give a visual cue to the Ranger's Built Ford Tough truck evolution. On some models, the hood is raised, to hint at the added power beneath. Alternative grille treatments include high-tech argent mesh or tow-bar design cures for a strong family resemblance.
Customers in the compact truck §egmènt love to 'customize' their truck, often buying a base-model and adding accessories to taste. To aid in their ability to customize, Ranger offers a choice of regular or SuperCab, wheelbase choices, a traditional styleside or a more distinct flareside box and a number of payload capabilities to fit individual needs. The SuperCab version is most popular wîth buyers, accounting for about 60 percent of sales.
The Edge model, introduced to the Ranger lineup in 2001, offers aggressive styling and high stance aimed at your, active-lifestyle customers who want a vehicle wîth a distinctive appearance, at an affordable price. Edge is positioned in the Ranger stable between the XL and XLT models and offers cosmetic and performance features normally not found at its price. Key Edge features include:
• Monochromatic exterior, available in red, white, blue, black or a limited edition Chrome Yellow.
• 4x4 ride height, even in two-wheel drive configurations.
• Thick bed rail covers and raised power dome hood.
• A durable interior wîth maslite floor, for easy clean-up.
• A four-speaker CD system wîth Dolby AM/FM stereo and 60 watts.
• Tow hooks on 4x4s, fog lamps and a mesh grille.
• Air conditioning.
New under the hood for 2002, is refined 3.0L V-6 engine producing 154 horsepower and 180 lb.ft. of torque. The torque profile of the 3.0L has been modified to provide better driveability, improved fuel economy and towing capability.
The 2.3L I-4 inline four cylinder engine (first available in 2001 models) offers more refinement and power than previous four cylinder powerplants. An optional 4.0L SOHC V-6, produces 207 horsepower.
All three Ranger models offer an available five-speed automatic transmission wîth adaptive shift strategy for consistent performance over the long term, or a heavy-duty, five-speed manual transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Ride and handling
The suspension has been revised to accommodate the new engines and refine ride and handling characteristics. Changes include updated front-end geometry, increased stabilizer bar rates, spring rates, larger standard wheels, upgraded bushings and adjusted shock tuning.
The 2002 Ranger has a dramatically quieter cab through quality improvements to isolate noise, vibration and harshness. Ranger continues impressive stopping performance, through use of electronic brake force distribution and a standard antilock braking system.
Safety and Security
All Ranger models have second-generation airbags and advanced restraints. In a crash, Ranger's safety belts automatically tighten up to keep occupants in the safest position, and then slowly release their energy to ease occupants to a stop.
Ranger has four-wheel antilock brakes standard, large rotors and rear drum brakes and electronic brake force distribution for enhanced efficiency and impressive stopping distances.
Ranger is offered as an Electric Vehicle (EV) to customers in California. The EV Ranger will feature carryover styling and be equipped wîth advanced nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries. The NiMH Ranger EV offers useful range, payload and longer battery life.Source - Ford
|One In A Million: Toledo Assembly Complex Marks Production Of One-Millionth Jeep Wrangler Jk|
|May 17, 2013 , Toledo, Ohio - The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most iconic vehicles in the world and today the one-millionth JK model rolled off the assembly line at Chrysler Group's Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Complex. Chrysler executives, plant employees, UAW representatives and supplier partners gathered at the end of the line to mark the occasion. Mauro Pino, Chrysler Group's Vice President of Vehicle Assembly Operations, and Dan Henneman, Jeep Unit Chairman of UAW Local 12, drove the b...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|FINAL 2012 POLK DATA JUST IN: FORD FOCUS IS BEST-SELLING VEHICLE NAMEPLATE WORLDWIDE – FORD TAKES THREE OF TOP 10|
|• Ford Focus ranks as the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world, based on Polk global new vehicle registration data for full-year 2012 (global reporting lags three to four months)|
• Ford takes three of the top-10 best-sellers, with Ford F-Series – the world's No. 1-selling pickup – ranked third and Fiesta the best-selling subcompact at sixth overall
• 2013 global sales off to equally strong start as worldwide momentum continues
DEARBORN, Mich., April 9, 2013[/I...[Read more...]
|Fusion, Escape Achieve All-Time Record Sales; Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent in March|
|•Fusion delivers its best-ever sales month and quarter ever, with March sales passing 30,000 and quarterly sales passing the 80,000 mark for the first time in its history •Escape posts its best-ever sales month and quarterly sales •Explorer sales up 33 percent – best monthly sales since the current model debuted in 2010 •America's best-selling pickup for 36 years, F-Series posts 16 percent increase as full-size pickup segmentation continues to improve versus year ago – best first quarter sal...[Read more...]|
|Ford Fusion, Edge Achieve Best-Ever April Sales|
|•Ford Fusion, Edge set all-time April records with 21,610 and 10,520 sales, respectively •Explorer reported its best April sales since 2005 with 13,419 vehicles sold •F-Series sales up 4 percent in April with 47,453 trucks sold, representing its best April sales since 2007; EcoBoost accounted for 43 percent of F-150 retail sales •Ford Motor Company April U.S. sales totaled 180,350, compared with 189,778 last year – a 5 percent decline DEARBORN, Mich., May 1, 2012 – U.S. sales of ...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2002|
|Acura TL Type-S|
|Alfa Romeo 156|
|BMW 330 xi|
|BMW E46 M3|
|BMW M Coupe|
|Other models by Ford|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2002 Baltimore MD|
|2002 Columbus OH|
|2002 Detroit MI|
|2001 Ranger||2001 Ranger Sea Splash||2003 Ranger|