|LORD MARCH TO OPEN FESTIVAL OF SPEED WITH RUN IN ICONIC BMW 507|
|Goodwood Festival of Speed founder, Lord March, will open this year's event by driving up the hillclimb course formed by his driveway in a beautiful 1957 BMW 507 sportscar.
BMW is this year's Honoured Marque and the central theme of the 2016 edition of the Festival of Speed will celebrate the German manufacturer's centenary.
Lord March will complete the very first run up the 1.16-mile hillclimb at the start of the Moving Motor Show, part of the new Press & Preview day on Thursday, June 23....[Read more...]|
|Max Girardo establishes exclusive London-based classic car brokerage|
|• With over 20 years in the business and with an enviable international reputation, Max Girardo establishes Girardo & Co., a new London-based brokerage
• With a new, London mews showroom, Girardo & Co. focuses on the top of the market, selling some of the world's finest cars
Max Girardo, internationally recognised as a leading expert on the global classic car market, and with an incredible track record in auctioning many of the world's most valuable automobiles, has established Girardo & Co., ...[Read more...]|
|Historic racing greats and magnificent tourers join the starting grid for RM Sotheby's multi-million Euro Monaco sale|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for biennial Monaco sale, 14 May, during the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique weekend
• Latest highlights led by the only road-registered Porsche 911 GT1 Evolution in existence, and Niki Lauda's first Formula One car - a 1971 March 711
• Sale also features pre-war grand touring greats including a 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet A and a 1932 Horch 670 Cabriolet
• Handpicked roster of blue-chip automobiles also features a 1948 Tucker 48, a rare addition to any European...[Read more...]|
|SHOW-STOPPING AUTOMOBILES AT RM SOTHEBY'S AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 12 in Florida
• Star attractions: 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A and 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico lead roster of more than 90 blue-chip collector cars
• Sale features over a century of automotive design and styling, from Brass Era greats including a stunning Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, to modern exotics represented by a highly-optioned 2014 Pagani Huayra
• ...[Read more...]|
|RM Secures One-Of-A-Kind Ferrari and Talbot-Lago For its Monterey sale|
|RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce two new headline attractions for its highly anticipated Monterey, California sale, August 17–18: a spectacular 1955 Ferrari 410 Sport Berlinetta and a flawless 1938 Talbot-Lago T23 Teardrop Coupe.
On display at the company's sale in Monaco this week (May 11–12), both automobiles represent the pinnacle of exclusivity and style. The extraordinarily rare 410 S, chassis 0594 C...[Read more...]|