|TWO OF AMERICA'S FIRST FORMULA ONE TEAM CARS, THE SCARABS, OFFERED AT BONHAMS REVIVAL SALE|
|The Reventlow Automobiles Inc.'s (RAI) Scarab Grand Prix single-seaters were the very first, home-grown, all-American team of Formula 1 racing cars. Bonhams is to offer two of these Formula 1 classics, along with their much-admired Fiat-Bartoletti transporter, at the Goodwood Revival Sale, on 12 September.
The Scarab racing team was the brainchild of Woolworth heir, Lance Reventlow. A youthful racing enthusiast, he learned to race in Mercedes-Benz and Porsche cars, mixed in social circles th...[Read more...]|
|LANDMARK FERRARI 275S/340 AMERICA BARCHETTA LEADS EARLY HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM SOTHEBY'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY AUCTION|
|• RM Sotheby's secures 1950 Ferrari 275S/340 America Barchetta, chassis 0030 MT, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 14-15 in California
• A Scuderia Ferrari 12-cylinder Barchetta, 0030 MT was raced by such legends in period as Alberto Ascari, Giovanni Bracco and Gianni Marzotto
• 0030 MT to be displayed at this weekend's celebrated Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance and RM Amelia Island sale in Florida
• Further event information and frequently updated list of entries available online ...[Read more...]|
|LISTER MOTOR COMPANY LAUNCHES NEW 60th ANNIVERSARY BROCHURE AS THE ORDER BOOKS BEGIN TO FILL|
|• New 60th Anniversary Lister Jaguar brochure now available
• 50 per cent of 2014 production already sold
• First cars to be delivered in April, 2014
• Road-going variant to be offered at £259,000 + tax
• Race-going version to be £249,000 + tax.
Following the recently announced purchase of the Lister Motor Company in May 2013, the company is delighted to announce that it has now published its 60th Anniversary Lister Jaguar brochure, which fully outlines the specifications for its fantasti...[Read more...]|
|Bonhams to sell historic cars from double Le Mans-winning racing team|
|The world's most comprehensive collection of competition cars from Scotland's flagship team that won two consecutive Le Mans 24-Hour races in the 1950s is among early consignments for one of the first sales to be held at Bonhams' newly redesigned and refurbished London headquarters.
Scottish businessman and amateur racing driver David Murray founded Ecurie Ecosse in November 1951. From a humble garage in a cobbled Edinburgh mews, operating invariably upon a shoestring budget, this proudly Sco...[Read more...]|
|Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013: auction of Mercedes-Benz W 196 R one of highlights at world's 'largest motorised garden party'|
|• Mercedes-Benz Classic presents great moments in motor-racing history at Goodwood
• Motorsport festival celebrating its 20th anniversary
• Auction of only privately owned post-war Silver Arrow by Bonhams sure to cause a stir
Stuttgart – This year's Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England, includes the auction of a Mercedes-Benz Type W 196 R Grand Prix racing car on 12 July 2013. The auction will be one of the highlights of a weekend dedicated to motor sport. Mercedes-Benz...[Read more...]|